Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Boehner endorses Cruz!

breamfisherbreamfisher Senior MemberPosts: 13,493 Senior Member
...Kinda.

He calls Cruz "Lucifer in the flesh," says he never got along with him, and that he has played golf over the years with The Donald and that they're "texting buddies."

Considering what some folks think of Boehner, this isn't necessarily a bad thing for Cruz.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/john-boehner-says-thinks-ted-141300081.html
Overkill is underrated.

Replies

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,493 Senior Member
    It is curious. And you're right: he's still got power. He was Speaker of the House, after all.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 7,930 Senior Member
    If that ain't the kiss of death, I'll eat my hat.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,711 Senior Member
    Do grown men have texting buddies.":uhm:
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
    Evidently if they have orange spray-tans they do.
    Overkill is underrated.
    Just thinking out loud here, but does the golfing and texting association Boehner says he and Trump have reduce Trump's "outsider" status?
    Overkill is underrated.
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    I never thought he was an outsider. He has been buying influence his whole life as a business man. He is only an "outsider" to those who can not see him for what he is.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,397 Senior Member
    Just thinking out loud here, but does the golfing and texting association Boehner says he and Trump have reduce Trump's "outsider" status?

Nope, he only did it a few hundred times, for business purposes. He said so.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    It doesn't really matter, at this point. I see people who have said that they would never vote for candidates like Mitt Romney, or Chris Christie, or McCain, who are carrying the banner for Trump. None of those guys had worse 2A credentials or flip-flopped more than Trump, yet the same people who wouldn't vote for those guys, for those reasons, are more than happy to believe Trump when he blows off all of his former life-long beliefs and trashes the character of anyone who mentions them.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,147 Senior Member
    I never thought he was an outsider. He has been buying influence his whole life as a business man. He is only an "outsider" to those who can not see him for what he is.

We complain about lobbyists, special interests and big money contributors running our politicians... So we are just going to turn a big money special interest lobbyist into president.

I REALLY hope this does not end badly
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Ted might be the proven conservative but has this guy ever managed a large organization with a huge budget and had the lives of thousands of people depend on his every day performance? Hell no... About time we have a real business mind running the HUGE corporation that is the Federal Government as opposed to the rookies that are just looking for the opportunity to become rich and live like royalty on MY FREAKIN DIME!!!

I'll use your own argument. So what if Ted Cruz didn't have a rich daddy's money to play with all of his life - he will have a cabinet that understands the things, in detail, that he only has a Senator's general understanding of. A government that has demands placed on its individual members similar to a corporation might be OK, but a government that is run like a corporation, but without the ability to fire non-achievers, including the CEO - no way.

The important thing is that Cruz has an outstanding record of defending the Constitution, and that he understands that fixing the government is more important than winning an Academy Award for salesmanship. A candidate that actually has a record of doing what he said he would do is solid gold...something that rarely happens.
    There is a reason why all the top security agencies of the world do not prosecute the top hackers they catch. Instead they hire them to gain their knowledge and become better. The American people need to have the guy outside the system who has become the best at cracking and manipulating it and bring him in to fix it. Unlike all the other folks in the running, Trump can't be bought by money or the trappings of the lifestyle. He already has all that!!!

Trump knows the system inside out and he has an understanding of MONEY and how to make it and KEEP it HERE!!! So his stance on 2A is questionable in some folks minds? Maybe, and that's why we have scores of Senators and Representatives that are solid on 2A to keep him in check just as they have the current gun grabbing scum in the White House. But focusing on this 2A single issue is the same mentality that keeps a bunch of union people voting democrat JUST BECAUSE they are union people.

Ted might be the proven conservative but has this guy ever managed a large organization with a huge budget and had the lives of thousands of people depend on his every day performance? Hell no... About time we have a real business mind running the HUGE corporation that is the Federal Government as opposed to the rookies that are just looking for the opportunity to become rich and live like royalty on MY FREAKIN DIME!!!

Please stop, Wambli!

Your spin is going to spin my head right off of my neck.
    Jerry

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    Cruz has an outstanding record of defending the constitution, and yet he has never run anything bigger than a lemonade stand.
    He appears to be kicking the crap out of your business genius in the delegate selection department with a superior grass roots organization. Apparently the brilliant corporate manager thing to do about that is to whine.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
    Cruz has an outstanding record of defending the constitution, and yet he has never run anything bigger than a lemonade stand. Great intentions are just that, great intentions. He might know that the government needs to be fixed, but he is clueless about how to affect change in a HUGE organization. The most successful car salesman in the world can't be the CEO of Ford in one jump. This is the model we've been running for years and it has failed us miserably.

Cruz has run an outstanding campaign and survived with his own self-crafted organization, when all of the guys with establishment ties have failed miserably. That is a better resume than being a TV personality who gets ten times the media coverage, for the more conservative types among us. Trump has proved that he is an amazing salesman, but has never shown a penchant for doing anything in government, beyond buying politicians.
    Which of my points do you believe is just "spin"? I think I make valid points. But of course everything is looked at by BOTH sides with the jaundiced eye as Jayhawker pointed out.

Your vase is red. Mine has flowers on it. There is no reality except your own :tooth:

Wambli, whatever the Donald does, you come up with a justification for it, and why it's a good thing. He's a shark of a businessman who's been buying and selling politicians for years, so that must mean he would make a great president? Really?

My cup has coffee in it, and it smells good. I have no idea what you have in yours. :jester:
    Jerry

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,650 Senior Member
    This actually is one of the few things Boehner has said that I actually agree with!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    Funny how everyone seems to dismiss the fact that this "salesman" is worth BILLIONS and runs an empire that keeps thousands employed and enjoying the American dream of being a self sufficient contributing member of society (while creating real wealth for many), while extolling the ethereal and highly subjective virtues of a lawyer turned politician and Fiorina, a disaster who is the poster child of business ineptitude for all that know her real past.

So, he's rich. He was going to be rich for all of his life, whether he did anything or not. I have no problem with that, but it doesn't mean he is competent to be CIC of the military, or that he can get our allies to fight terrorism. I have nothing but his word that he knows how to do any of the vague things he says he will do.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    When the racing association where I competed in Commiefornia needed a new technical inspector, they hired the guy who had been the most egregious cheater in the bunch for years. No, they didn't think he had suddenly turned honest- - -he just knew all the tricks to get an illegal car through the tech line. We can't be so gullible as to believe Trump has stopped being an unscrupulous jerk- - - -but he does have plenty of experience at hiring political whores to do his bidding. Did I just use those two words in the same sentence- - - -? "What an oxymaroon!"
    :roll:
    Jerry
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    This has nothing to do with him being rich and I get most folks don't get the difference.

I don't like him because he's rich, I like him because he is successful and has meaningful business accomplishments that are directly attributable to him. Many people that are "rich" are NOT successful and have NO meaningful accomplishments. Most of today's celebrities (Kardashians, Paris Hilton, etc.) and most career politicians fall under the undeservedly "rich" umbrella like the Obamas an the Clintons. Again prime example is Chelsea Clinton. That sap would be eaten alive by the real world and yet I'm sure she is insufferably proud of her title of CEO of the Clinton Foundation, an organization that creates what? NOTHING! It's nothing but a shelter for illegal contributions and bribes for mommy and daddy.

And following your logic, what makes Ted more capable of being CIC or prime terrorist fighter outside of his own word? He's never wielded anything more dangerous than his Mont Blanc pen, shaken it in a menacing fashion in the direction of a plaintiff.

OK everybody, This is gone stupid. We all have our preferences. But we all need to get together. I'm not knocking Wambli or anyone, I'm hitting us all on the head with a 2x4 to stop this arguing madness. It's fine to have a favorite, but for us to go back and forth trying to prove each other wrong is kinda stupid. We aren't going to convince either side of this to change. We all have our opinions. We are expending energy that could be used to more benefit in other areas (Like arguing over Barrel Breakin, .270s, or Winchester V. Marlin). I'm guilty too. But this is getting no where.

However, I will stand by one thing. I will say, pull for your guy, or gal, but what we all need is solidarity. Right now we're neck deep in the primary process. We need to vote our hearts (I already did) and then whoever the nominee is, if we don't want Hillary, we need to stand together. Remember, United We Stand-Divided We Fall! Let the powers that be do what they will (Brokered Convention, finagle another candidate, whatever, they ain't gonna succeed anyway), we can't stop them from trying what they want, but when it comes to the General November Election we need to put our pride aside and vote for the Nominee of the only party that stands a chance of defeating the Dummycraps and Hitlery, whoever that nominee may be. But we need to cool the rhetoric here and quit infighting. We're not accomplishing a damn thing. We're just driving a wedge between otherwise good friends.

NUFF SAID!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    snake284 wrote: »
    OK everybody, This is gone stupid. We all have our preferences. But we all need to get together. I'm not knocking Wambli or anyone, I'm hitting us all on the head with a 2x4 to stop this arguing madness. It's fine to have a favorite, but for us to go back and forth trying to prove each other wrong is kinda stupid. We aren't going to convince either side of this to change. We all have our opinions. We are expending energy that could be used to more benefit in other areas (Like arguing over Barrel Breakin, .270s, or Winchester V. Marlin). I'm guilty too. But this is getting no where.

However, I will stand by one thing. I will say, pull for your guy, or gal, but what we all need is solidarity. Right now we're neck deep in the primary process. We need to vote our hearts (I already did) and then whoever the nominee is, if we don't want Hillary, we need to stand together. Remember, United We Stand-Divided We Fall! Let the powers that be do what they will (Brokered Convention, finagle another candidate, whatever, they ain't gonna succeed anyway), we can't stop them from trying what they want, but when it comes to the General November Election we need to put our pride aside and vote for the Nominee of the only party that stands a chance of defeating the Dummycraps and Hitlery, whoever that nominee may be. But we need to cool the rhetoric here and quit infighting. We're not accomplishing a damn thing. We're just driving a wedge between otherwise good friends.

NUFF SAID!

It is not "nuff said". You still do not get it Snake. For me and many others, it has nothing to do with liking one candidate over another. It is the firmly held belief that Trump is a wolf in sheep's clothing. He is dangerous in and of himself. He is JUST AS DANGEROUS AS HILARY. I will never vote for Trump. The fact he now has the letter R means nothing to me. If you believe a letter means something then vote for him. I will not join you.
    It is not "nuff said". You still do not get it Snake. For me and many others, it has nothing to do with liking one candidate over another. It is the firmly held belief that Trump is a wolf in sheep's clothing. He is dangerous in and of himself. He is JUST AS DANGEROUS AS HILARY. I will never vote for Trump. The fact he now has the letter R means nothing to me. If you believe a letter means something then vote for him. I will not join you.

It's NUFF SAID on my part, because I've realized there are people on here that think they are so right and are bound and determined to let things go to hell in a hand basket rather than taking a chance on Trump. Also, even if Trump turns out to be the closet Libtard y'all are saying he is, he still isn't as bad as Hillary. In my opinion you can't see the forest for the trees. That's all I'm gonna say.

Oh hell no! I can't just let this go!

As I and other's have said, you don't know if he's dangerous or more dangerous than Hillary. In my opinion NOBODY ON THIS EARTH IS AS DANGEROUS AS ANY DUMMYCRAP! You know what Hillary is and you still don't want to take a chance on Trump being better? In my opinion that right there is a little bit crazy knowing her record.

Ok got that off my chest and now I will shut up. Besides, this doesn't have a lot to do with the argument at hand over Cruz v Trump. Cruz was and is my man. I hope and pray he's nominated. But if not, you know who I will vote for.

NOW, once again, NUFF SAID!!!
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    snake284 wrote: »
    It's NUFF SAID on my part, because I've realized there are people on here that think they are so right. But in my opinion they can't see the forest for the trees. That's all I'm gonna say.

I agree with this statement completely.
    The problem is Snake, as I heard on the radio coming to work this morning, 1/3rd (33%) of the electorate, Dems and R's will not vote for Trump OR Hillary.

Remember the #'s we ran before? Hillary as a Dem has 40% rabid Dems to vote for her. At best, a good R candidate has 30%. 30+33+40= 103%

There are not enough votes available to beat Hillary, because you know as well as I do that the 33% is coming from the hard core R's, the moderate R's, the fair weather conservatives, and the less liberal D's.
    Just read that. Is this a sign of the Party establishment's resignation to what they now see as inevitable OR a ploy by the party to show Trump is (and has always been) a part of the "insider's" club? Hmmmmm...

Lots of folks think poorly of him but he is still a avery strong guy in DC...

So was Teddy Kennedy.
    The problem is Snake, as I heard on the radio coming to work this morning, 1/3rd (33%) of the electorate, Dems and R's will not vote for Trump OR Hillary.

Remember the #'s we ran before? Hillary as a Dem has 40% rabid Dems to vote for her. At best, a good R candidate has 30%. 30+33+40= 103%

There are not enough votes available to beat Hillary, because you know as well as I do that the 33% is coming from the hard core R's, the moderate R's, the fair weather conservatives, and the less liberal D's.

The General Election is almost 7 months away. Right now the polls reflect what people wish for but when all other candidates are out of the way, I believe Trumps numbers in that regard will improve big time when faced with an Either-Or choice between Trump and Hillary.
    \
    I'll say the same thing about Cruz. He isn't the most popular candidate in history either. But if he should somehow win the Nomination, I believe he will be a lot more popular in November.
    7 months of the media unloading his own words and deeds from his past, and 7 months more of him flip flopping day to day..

All they have to do is pull archives and wait.

Between the two, there isnt a lot of difference and they can point that out Trump can keep flipping but that isnt going to bring the 33% in.
    And following your logic, what makes Ted more capable of being CIC or prime terrorist fighter outside of his own word? He's never wielded anything more dangerous than his Mont Blanc pen, shaken it in a menacing fashion in the direction of a plaintiff.

You could say that of any candidate that showed up this year, except maybe James Webb - and that includes Donald Trump, who thinks his time playing boy scout in a 'military' school qualifies him. So, how about this: Dwight D. Eisenhower never spent a day in actual combat, yet he managed to organize and pull together an invasion with multi-national forces against the best army in the world, and beat them. Why? Because he was good at getting people to agree on a plan that wasn't perfect, but was good enough to satisfy all the participants, and still work.

Cruz has been a patriot since he was a child, and excelled at the things he needed to learn to make a difference. Donald Trump didn't even learn to spell patriotism till he went to that military school. But the main difference between the two of them is attitude. Trump wants power and prestige and to be loved by everyone. Cruz just wants to fix this country for future generations.

I was not an easy sell, in coming out for Cruz, but the more I researched him, the more I believed he probably was really what he claimed to be. I did the same for Donald Trump, and what I found was not a terrible guy, but not a great one, either. The more I see of him, the less I like, because he is completely self-centered, in my opinion. He loves somebody one day, and takes the hatchet to him the next - not my kind of guy, at all.