Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Huffington Post: Self Defense denys a BG the right to a trial....

pjames777pjames777 Senior MemberPosts: 1,421 Senior Member
This world is bonkers. Now the anti's are saying self defense denies the criminal the right to a fair trial!
http://downtrend.com/71superb/huffpo-shooting-in-self-defense-is-illegal-because-it-denies-violent-criminals-a-fair-trial

Replies

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,928 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Too ing bad. The piece of criminals made that choice themselves.

This...In order to get a "fair trial" they need to survive the enounter....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    My right to exist trumps all constitutional rights. That right has been around since before there were humans. When someone or something decides to deny that natural right from me, their own right to exist becomes null and void.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,611 Senior Member
    Defending yourself from attack will only deny the attacker's right to fair trial if it's done exceptionally well. :devil:

The flip side is that the dead dirtbag will never have to worry about paying too much for a haircut again, so he's got that going for him.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,421 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    My right to exist trumps all constitutional rights. That right has been around since before there were humans. When someone or something decides to deny that natural right from me, their own right to exist becomes null and void.

All the way back to the Magna Carta.....codified.

Stupid spell check
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,928 Senior Member
    pjames777 wrote: »
    Magna Carter.

Is that Jimmy's other brother?
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member

The right of the Law Abiding Citizen to exist is the first order of the Constitution. Then along with that right you get the right to Pursue happiness and wealth ( I mean it helps to be alive to be able to pursue happiness). And when the right to be happy tends to trump others right to life, then that right of that person who would take another 's life just to be happy is no longer a right. When the order of action takes that right to exist away from other law abiding citizens, then the perpetrator has given up his/her Constitutional rights including his/her right to exist. Then the only right left for the perpetrator should be the right of Due Process. And he should get his due process, a bullet, or a good dose of Lethal injection, depending upon how it plays out.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    The scumbag can have all the due process he wants- - - -in the time it takes him to bleed out after a Mozambique triple-tap!
    Jerry
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Is that Jimmy's other brother?

Aw no, it's probably his Great Grandfather to the 20th power.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Teach wrote: »
    The scumbag can have all the due process he wants- - - -in the time it takes him to bleed out after a Mozambique triple-tap!
    Jerry

Well that's kinda what I was getting at. If he's threatening my right to exist I can trump his right to his sick pleasure with my right to self defense even if it means I take away his right to exist in the process.
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    A triumph of liberal philosophical thought. A must-read for all Democrats and college students.
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    The SOB gets a fair (unless I can help it) trial by combat. I will do EVERYTHING POSSIBLE to tilt the scales in my favor.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,400 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    This...In order to get a "fair trial" they need to survive the enounter....

Surviving a full magazine dump to the torso would be a more accurate description than "survive the encounter". Anything dangerous worth shooting needs the full mag dump. You can always load a fresh mag and then ground check. You can always buy more ammo, but you only have one life.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,401 Senior Member

Nope.

Your rights stop where anothers begin, so you dont have a right to exist if you violate their rights. If we had a right to exist, then the bloggers article would be correct, SD would violate the rights of the perp. If you are engaged in harming someone you can be killed even if you are not in the process of killing that person. Some one can legally kill you if you are engaged in rape, even thought the victim will survive.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,160 Senior Member
    pjames777 wrote: »
    This world is bonkers. Now the anti's are saying self defense denies the criminal the right to a fair trial!
    http://downtrend.com/71superb/huffpo-shooting-in-self-defense-is-illegal-because-it-denies-violent-criminals-a-fair-trial

That's not a bug, that's a feature! Saves us a whole bunch of money on a trial, imprisonment, etc...
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Reading excerpts from an article on a site that contains an option to click on amazingly dirty photos to brighten your day, it becomes very difficult to take the internet seriously.

Just sayin.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.