Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

If you don't vote in protest, I hope you enjoy her

Replies

• tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Yeah, third party votes are a death sentence to us. But there are people right here that will do it just to make their point, which is actually not a point at all.

The people that want to protest the Repub establishment and vote for anybody but... are missing something so obvious here. For one, the Dummycrats are setting them up, the media is getting them all fired up trying to make Trump look worse than he actually is, and Two, these people that would let Hitlery get elected just to protest Trump but they don't realize that they aren't teaching anyone anything. The people that are preaching all this want you to stay home or vote third party. You are playing right into their hands.

OK I still stand by what I say, that Trump is NOT My main man. Cruz is my man. But in truth they are almost identical. I'm just worried that Trump may have more of a problem defeating Hillary than Cruz. Also I know Cruz has more than anyone else what it takes to stand up in front of his constituents and Filibuster for hours because he believes so strongly in what he says. But I believe enough in Trump that I will vote for him in the General Election if Cruz doesn't get the nomination. I don't believe Trump is liberal at heart. Also I think Trump like many of us has grown more conservative with age. I know I have. But the bottom line is, I think it's plain bull headed to not go for the lesser candidate in the general election and let the dummycrap walk in. That's CRAZY!!! And one more time, you ain't teaching anybody anything, they're laughing at you!!!

Trump is laughing at you.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,915 Senior Member
    I am sure you all have heard the saying, fight the battles you can win. Support and vote for anyone you choose now, but in the general election it is down to two parties anyone else stands no chance. Its one of those battles that can not be won.

You guys voting for anyone but whoever wins the nomination and Hillary will be laughing at you.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,398 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »

OK I still stand by what I say, that Trump is NOT My main man. Cruz is my man. But in truth they are almost identical.
    Snake, honestly, what have you been smokin? Trump and Cruz are in no way identical, there are a lot of us on this board who have been pointing that out through link and fact for months. Their platforms are similar but only one has followed through on his promises. Hillary and Trump have worlds more alike in their history than Trump and Cruz. The only thing Trump and Cruz have in common is that they are running for pres unless you can ONLY see the made for election version of Trump.

I'm just worried that Trump may have more of a problem defeating Hillary than Cruz. Also I know Cruz has more than anyone else what it takes to stand up in front of his constituents and Filibuster for hours because he believes so strongly in what he says. But I believe enough in Trump that I will vote for him in the General Election if Cruz doesn't get the nomination. I don't believe Trump is liberal at heart. Also I think Trump like many of us has grown more conservative with age. I know I have. But the bottom line is, I think it's plain bull headed to not go for the lesser candidate in the general election and let the dummycrap walk in. That's CRAZY!!! And one more time, you ain't teaching anybody anything, they're laughing at you!!!
    Which Dummy crap? Hill or Trump?

Even if you believe Trump6.3 is a conservative version, it is still progressive. He would have had to age a lot in the last two years to become a conservative.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
    Diver43 wrote: »
    I am sure you all have heard the saying, fight the battles you can win. Support and vote for anyone you choose now, but in the general election it is down to two parties anyone else stands no chance. Its one of those battles that can not be won.

You guys voting for anyone but whoever wins the nomination and Hillary will be laughing at you.
    Death by hanging or death by firing squad.

Getting Trump as a pres isnt even a Pyrrhic victory because its the same as losing. I know our system is based on the lesser of two evils, and I dont have a problem with that, it is exactly as it should be. However if the choice is Lucifer or Satan, what do you do?

BTW, like I posted before, it doesnt matter if all of the R's vote for him. He cant get the numbers to beat Hill. The downside to his blowharding showmanship is that to many people who would hold their nose and vote for him are disgusted by his antics. He lost all of the largest group of non committed voters when he continued to insert his head every time he talks about females.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Still probably come down to Trump or the Witch. Simple as that. So what you gonna do?

Yes they are closer together than you think, that is Cruz and Trump. Where is that link on the candidate test someone posted on another thread? Very little difference between all of the REP runners on the test on what you want in a candidate.

At any rate.........the consequences of not voting for Trump or refraining from voting or going 3rd Party will certainly result in a DEM POTUS and that (unless the hammer falls on her sorry arse) will be Pantsuit.

If you can't comprehend that simple probable outcome, I can't help you. It may go against your personal likes and dislikes and certainly not be your 1st pick and create a hold your nose and pull the lever...lessor of two evils dilemma in your mind, but you just are gonna have to grab the bull by the horns, or else get The Witch as POTUS.

Do I need a piece of chalk and a blackboard to spell it out and make it more clear to you?

I think some of you are just clinging to and hoping for a contested nasty convention where Cruz and his gal Carly will get the nomination after a few ballots if Trump falls short of the 1237.

DEMs want the same thing and are lapping up the discourse/infighting within the REP Party ranks like a kitten slurping a bowl of fresh cream. All this Never Trump Movement and political operatives planting the seeds of dissent is throwing a Monkey Wrench into the front-runners nomination is falling right into their hands..........I think between that and the crazy delegate rules subject to who and how they interpret them and changeable at their whim is screwing the voters who voted in the primaries like their votes really didn't matter.

Their answer is in some places where Trump won a majority, but lost delegates is well its in the rules and he should have read them closer.....that sucks and they know it. But a little wining and dinning and arm twisting can cause a lot of them to turn their backs on the voters in the districts they were elected or appointed to represent.

Maybe when the dust settles they will rewrite the rules so they have to reflect the voters wishes, not theirs for the next cycle in four years.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,611 Senior Member
    All you "R at any cost" voters...here's the thing. I'm not an "R" voter. Bitching that I'm going to hand Hillary a victory is just as silly as me bitching about you doing the same for my guy. We're not going to agree about this, because we're looking for different things.

Go ahead and blame me if Donald flames out in the general. It's only fair...I'll be blaming you if he doesn't.:wink:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Still probably come down to Trump or the Witch. Simple as that. So what you gonna do?

Yes they are closer together than you think, that is Cruz and Trump. Where is that link on the candidate test someone posted on another thread? Very little difference between all of the REP runners on the test on what you want in a candidate.
    Read your own post CANDIDATE TEST, not "how does he conduct himself" test. That is more useless than a internet poll. We know that The Donald has rebranded himself for this run for Pres. Hillary said she supports the second amendment in a town hall. You ready to vote for her? She now has the same standing as Trump using your logic, and actually the same history on the subject in real life. This kind of lazy thinking is why we dont have a conservative leading the pack and having it wrapped up right now.
    At any rate.........the consequences of not voting for Trump or refraining from voting or going 3rd Party will certainly result in a DEM POTUS and that (unless the hammer falls on her sorry arse) will be Pantsuit.
    And the consequences of getting a RINO progressive are little different. Getting a RINO progressive that is a narcissistic megalomaniac is at least as scary as Hillary.
    If you can't comprehend that simple probable outcome, I can't help you. It may go against your personal likes and dislikes and certainly not be your 1st pick and create a hold your nose and pull the lever...lessor of two evils dilemma in your mind, but you just are gonna have to grab the bull by the horns, or else get The Witch as POTUS.

Do I need a piece of chalk and a blackboard to spell it out and make it more clear to you?
    Yes, please. List the stands on personal property, 2A, single payer health care, govt funded abortions, bank bail outs, and any other hot button issue you like for Cruz, Trump and Hillary over the last 20 years and let me know who is more like who. Not what they are saying right now, in fact throw out the last 2 years and see how they lived up to their rhetoric. In fact, I defy you to do that and remain a Trump supporter with a conscious.
    I think some of you are just clinging to and hoping for a contested nasty convention where Cruz and his gal Carly will get the nomination after a few ballots if Trump falls short of the 1237.
    Nope, I think the sycophants have screwed us over royally. But yes I do hope that he doesnt get 1237 because then we have a chance for a conservative because I want to have a country to leave to my kids.
    DEMs want the same thing and are lapping up the discourse/infighting within the REP Party ranks like a kitten slurping a bowl of fresh cream. All this Never Trump Movement and political operatives planting the seeds of dissent is throwing a Monkey Wrench into the front-runners nomination is falling right into their hands..........I think between that and the crazy delegate rules subject to who and how they interpret them and changeable at their whim is screwing the voters who voted in the primaries like their votes really didn't matter.

Their answer is in some places where Trump won a majority, but lost delegates is well its in the rules and he should have read them closer.....that sucks and they know it. But a little wining and dinning and arm twisting can cause a lot of them to turn their backs on the voters in the districts they were elected or appointed to represent.

Maybe when the dust settles they will rewrite the rules so they have to reflect the voters wishes, not theirs for the next cycle in four years.
    And then again, maybe they wont. States like FL where Trump won all of the delegates with 40% of the vote? Remember, your guy won a bunch of winner take all primary's and NEVER had a majority. Should he give 60% of those states delegates back and let them vote unbound in the first round? Somehow, I dont think you or Trump is willing to do that.

The Supreme trump, who is smarter than anyone, just listen for 3 seconds, he will tell you so, couldnt figure out a primary in each state. He ALSO failed to hire, which is where the Trumpeters fall back to when he is Pres, the right people to advise him. That going to happen in a Trump presidency? He finally did hire a guy, a lobbyist, (I thought we hated those guys?) Paul Manafort
    There were more in the race in FLA like Rubio/Cruz/Kasich/Other remember..............and he whupped yer boy Cruz 45.7% to 17.1%, Rubio was 27%, Kasich was 6.8% and 3% other. Pretty darn good huh?

http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/florida

Dang, all these misinformed people in state after state who vote for Trump, maybe if they had read your posts first and been enlightened the results would have been different.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Yes he did. He won, but failed to get a majority. What entitles him to bind 100% of FL's delegates?

FYI, he got 2 delegates in AZ yesterday, great article on how http://www.redstate.com/streiff/2016/05/01/paul-manafort-wins-again.-trump-gets-two-large-delegate-arizona/
    How did this happen?

Constantin Querard, Cruz’s Arizona campaign chair, struck back against claims from DeWitt.

“They lost because of math, not because of malfeasance. If you take the people that want Cruz, and you add to them the people who don’t want Trump, that’s a majority in just about any room in America.”

And a kicker at the end
    Trump is getting exactly what he won, some 58 delegates that will vote for him on the first ballot. The fact that his campaign is both too odious and too incompetent to actually find delegates who care to have their reputations damaged by associating with Trump is his own fault. But if you want to complain about a rigged system, look at the Arizona primary. Less than half of the people who voted in Arizona wanted Donald Trump yet he gets 100% of the delegates.

The delicious part about this is that the Trump campaign seems hellbent on challenging the credentials of delegates a handful of states where they did not like the outcome. Once the challenges start being made to state delegations, Trump is going to find that challenges run both ways and he will start losing his delegates as there are more anti-Trump delegates at the convention than pro-Trump ones.

BTW, the bolded statement is why he will lose to Hillary. As I have told you and run the numbers for you, there are not enough R's to push him over the top, barely enough to stomach him in the primarys. He would have to win independents and they aint coming to his party. If you take the people that want Hillary, and you add to them the people who don’t want Trump, that’s a majority in just about any room in America
    I don't have a beef with how they decide if it is winner take all or some % of delegates to divvy them up by votes using their rules, it is when appointed/elected officials go against the will of the voters who put them up to represent their wishes and how they voted, not to change their delegate support from one to another after being coaxed and having their butts rubbed for favor.
    Hows the blackboard coming?
    OK please select you choice for POTUS by selecting one of the following and be sure to completely fill in the box next to their name to ensure your vote will count.

Donald Trump REP

Hillary Clinton DEM

You gonna write in Cruz here.................................
    Unbound delegates are wondering now. Your boy is in deep Kimchi.

CRUZ DELEGATES START TO FREAK!
    FEAR CONVENTION CIRCUS

Cruz Delegates Waver as Trump Gains Momentum

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/434793/ted-cruz-delegates-reconsider-supporting-donald-trump
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,128 Senior Member
    OK please select you choice for POTUS by selecting one of the following and be sure to completely fill in the box next to their name to ensure your vote will count.

Donald Trump REP

Hillary Clinton DEM

You gonna write in Cruz here.................................
    The last presidential ballot I seen had a whole lot more names on it than Obama and Romney.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
    Jermanator wrote: »
    The last presidential ballot I seen had a whole lot more names on it than Obama and Romney.

Yes, I know but I didn't wanna confuse some on here by adding Ralph Nader................
    Your boy is in deep Kimchi.
    Speaking for myself, I could care less if Cruz gets the nomination or not. What I have issue with is Trump being the nominee.
    -Thomas Paine
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I'm just trying to figure out who here thinks he's changing anyone's else's mind here? I'm guess I'm tired of pissing on each other shoes. I'm out, see you all in December.
    This
    Yes, I know but I didn't wanna confuse some on here by adding Ralph Nader................

No confusion here. I'll look right past Nader just like I'll look past Trump. And Hillary. And Bernie, who seems like a decent guy, but has some funny ideas.
    George Carlin
    Speaking for myself, I could care less if Cruz gets the nomination or not. What I have issue with is Trump being the nominee.

Well, a lot of folks want him to be. Started with 17 potentials. 14 of them have went by the wayside, one is hopeless and (won what one state) in most any scenario you can imagine getting the nod and another is is also mathematically eliminated from 1237 and both hope for a convention miracle to get the nomination.
    I'm just trying to figure out who here thinks he's changing anyone's else's mind here? I'm guess I'm tired of pissing on each other shoes. I'm out, see you all in December.

Me too fer a little while TBD, they are in denial.
    Well, a lot of folks want him to be. Started with 17 potentials. 14 of them have went by the wayside, one is hopeless and (won what one state) in most any scenario you can imagine getting the nod and another is is also mathematically eliminated from 1237 and both hope for a convention miracle to get the nomination.
    Don't get me wrong, I voted for Cruz in my state primary, think he would make a decent president, and will vote for him if he is the nominee-- but I won't lose sleep if he isn't. Trump being the nominee keeps me awake at night.
    -Thomas Paine
    Don't get me wrong, I voted for Cruz in my state primary, think he would make a decent president, and will vote for him if he is the nominee-- but I won't lose sleep if he isn't. Trump being the nominee keeps me awake at night.

And this is what Trumpeters aren't getting. It's sure as hell not about being butt hurt over my guy not being the favorite.
    George Carlin
    Me too fer a little while TBD, they are in denial.
    If anyone is in denial, it is you. How many times do we have to say that some of us find Trump just as bad or worse than Clinton as a candidate before you believe us? You can type a hole through your keyboard and you will not convince me that Trump is the lesser of two evils.

You started this thread in an effort to convince us that Clinton is so much eviler than your guy. In your mind, we are fools for not seeing what appears to be so obvious to you. I personally find it frustrating that you fail to recognize why I find Trump such a horribly flawed candidate.

Snake-- I reject the premise that any R is better than any D. Your efforts to build on that argument are in vain.
    -Thomas Paine
    OK, one last reply..... I believe you, I really do. I can't understand why because it doesn't make sense to me, does not compute Dr Smith.

[IMG][/img]220px-Lost_in_Space_Jonathan_Harris_amp_Robot_1967_zpsulree37s.jpg
    OK, one last reply..... I believe you, I really do. I can't understand why because it doesn't make sense to me, does not compute Dr Smith.
    Exactly! And we can't understand why you can't see what we are seeing. It seems so clearly obvious to me and I find it frustrating that you do not understand my position.
    -Thomas Paine
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Heck yea, Trump knew she would be better than Obammy and the Dems would win the election. Smart feller.

Exactly.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Exactly! And we can't understand why you can't see what we are seeing. It seems so clearly obvious to me and I find it frustrating that you do not understand my position.

Well join the club then, because Chief and I plus a few more here can't for the life of us see why some of y'all are ready to let Hillary win and forever change the face of the country. If I had lived in New York in 2008 I would have been hoping Hillary would have won the nomination too. But you or nobody knows who Trump voted for in the 2008 General.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 16,921 Senior Member

Yep...the candidates will be who they will be and it will turn out as it turns out...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Trump is laughing at you.

Now that makes a lot of sense.......
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    And this is what Trumpeters aren't getting. It's sure as hell not about being butt hurt over my guy not being the favorite.

The saying "Dont pee on my leg and tell me its raining" comes to mind.