Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

If you don't vote in protest, I hope you enjoy her

124»

Replies

• bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Yep...the candidates will be who they will be and it will turn out as it turns out...

Yes, it's about time to back off and let the chips fall where they may. A person can only agonize for so long about the processes other people use for making important decisions. You either grin and bear it, or become embittered, which helps nothing.

It makes a person feel very old to see people ignoring the lessons of history, and beginning the learning steps all over, again, from square one.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,493 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    Yes, it's about time to back off and let the chips fall where they may. A person can only agonize for so long about the processes other people use for making important decisions. You either grin and bear it, or become embittered, which helps nothing.

It makes a person feel very old to see people ignoring the lessons of history, and beginning the learning steps all over, again, from square one.
    Read a quote a while back, and it's pretty good, I think. I can't recall it exactly, but it's something to the effect of, "The farther we get from our battles against communism, fascism, and totalitarianism, the more complacent we become to their effects."
    Overkill is underrated.
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,035 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Anybody get Field and Stream Magazine? All this time I was suspect of the Politics of all the writers there. But look at this months issue in the "Ask Petzal Column. Dave's answer to a question will surprise you. I don't think he's a Libtard.
    I stopped subscribing to Field & Stream 30 years ago. But I'm curious to what Petzal said...was it as stupid as what Metcalf said? Anti-Gun?
    Read a quote a while back, and it's pretty good, I think. I can't recall it exactly, but it's something to the effect of, "The farther we get from our battles against communism, fascism, and totalitarianism, the more complacent we become to their effects."

Yep. A person of my age, who was interested in the history that used to be taught in schools, and did a lot of reading, later on, to fill in the details that were not taught, can hardly fathom the thought processes that go on in the minds of people who do not feel their liberty threatened by any of the leftist '-isms,' and can't even identify them when they see it. We have been around long enough to see how the language has been altered, and the history edited so that 'up' looks like 'down,' and things that used to be commonplace are now forbidden. People are so de-sensitized to absurdity, in almost every aspect of life, that they will accept nearly anything that doesn't seem to directly threaten them, in very immediate way.

I guess our parents probably felt the same way.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,670 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    Yep. A person of my age, who was interested in the history that used to be taught in schools, and did a lot of reading, later on, to fill in the details that were not taught, can hardly fathom the thought processes that go on in the minds of people who do not feel their liberty threatened by any of the leftist '-isms,' and can't even identify them when they see it. We have been around long enough to see how the language has been altered, and the history edited so that 'up' looks like 'down,' and things that used to be commonplace are now forbidden. People are so de-sensitized to absurdity, in almost every aspect of life, that they will accept nearly anything that doesn't seem to directly threaten them, in very immediate way.

I guess our parents probably felt the same way.

And now the things that were forbidden are now commonplace. As far as the spread of communism in our society goes, I believe Joe McCarthy was right. It was the democrats who were effective in discrediting the man after the Senate hearings collapsed in disgrace. He was ringing the warning bell, and everyone chose to ignore it. Funny how the commie-leftists use exactly the same 'blacklisting' tactics against the right and everyone ignores it.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    And now the things that were forbidden are now commonplace. As far as the spread of communism in our society goes, I believe Joe McCarthy was right. It was the democrats who were effective in discrediting the man after the Senate hearings collapsed in disgrace. He was ringing the warning bell, and everyone chose to ignore it. Funny how the commie-leftists use exactly the same 'blacklisting' tactics against the right and everyone ignores it.

McCarthy wasn't wrong about what was happening. He just made an ass of himself, and probably provided much of the impetus for the political correctness BS that dominates our lives, now.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »

I'm probably not going to enjoy either one of them. I might enjoy it if Hillary gets elected watching her gaffs. But her being president would ruin any fun I might have doing that.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,713 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    I'm probably not going to enjoy either one of them. I might enjoy it if Hillary gets elected watching her gaffs. But her being president would ruin my life..
    FIFY
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia