Replies

• olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,739 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    Mel's diner

Flo
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Senior Member Posts: 2,725 Senior Member
    GRITS is actually an abbreviation for "Girls Raised In The South"! That's why I mess around with grits as much as I can :devil:
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,588 Senior Member
    Wanted to revive this to thank Woodsrunner for the recipie. Tried it last night with the girlfriend and came out great with some decent grits i found at the farmers market last weekend! Fried up a few shrimp with some chopped bacon and garlic, added a bit of Cajun seasoning to the shrimp. Topped with some scallions from the garden.

41d2377847a3e9a4dd7f869022ae6920.jpg
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,528 Senior Member
    Wanted to revive this to thank Woodsrunner for the recipie. Tried it last night with the girlfriend and came out great with some decent grits i found at the farmers market last weekend! Fried up a few shrimp with some chopped bacon and garlic, added a bit of Cajun seasoning to the shrimp. Topped with some scallions from the garden.

41d2377847a3e9a4dd7f869022ae6920.jpg

WOWZA Alpha that looks fantastic, much like what wifey made. Scallions are a good addition
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Thanks! They were quite delicious! Have some leftover grits, probably going to warm them up with more bacon, some jalapeno, and serve with a couple eggs for breakfast tomorrow.
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    You are correct! Their gritts with shrimp is better that sex because they last longer! Deep South rules! :applause: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Senior Member Posts: 2,725 Senior Member
    alpha, chill the grits overnight in the refrigerator then in the morning slice it into blocks and fry in a pan with a little butter or olive oil. About the same as European polenta, and darn good! 'Course you need "Bumpy Road Farm Grits" and not some junk you buy at the grocery store :tooth:
    alpha, chill the grits overnight in the refrigerator then in the morning slice it into blocks and fry in a pan with a little butter or olive oil. About the same as European polenta, and darn good! 'Course you need "Bumpy Road Farm Grits" and not some junk you buy at the grocery store :tooth:
    Ooh I'll try that tomorrow.

Yes need to get myself some of the premium stuff. These were solid though. Definitely not the grocery store stuff. Picked them up from the Durham, NC farmers market when I was down there last weekend.
    -DoctorWho
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,053 Senior Member
    I tell you what-- grits usually do not excite me. I am like, "Boiled previously dried corn... Yipeeeeeeeeee!!!" (not)

I had those grits at Jerry's with the cream and vegetable stock, and those are damn good!
2»