Home Main Category Clubhouse

New puppy

jaywaptijaywapti Senior MemberPosts: 5,032 Senior Member
Last year we had to put our German Shepard down, yesterday we got a new pup, German Shepard, good Czech bloodlines, 8 week old little girl, 18 lbs, mom weights 95 lbs, pop 124. She gets along fine with the cats, plays with our Husky and our Cane Corso is now her new mother.

JAY
THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT

Replies

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,142 Senior Member
    Jay you gotta learn to post pics. If ever one is needed it is now with a little 4 legged friend in the house.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Damn, a Husky, Cane and Shepard ... the Cane alone would be bad enough for unwanted visitors but all 3 ... you sleep easy at night! Until the nightmares of all those land mines those 3 are laying in your yard! :jester:
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Like Charlie Brown said, "Happiness is a warm puppy." :up:
    Good to hear the other dogs and the cats, and the new pup are getting along well, too.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    Congrats on the new family member!
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 5,032 Senior Member
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    Damn, a Husky, Cane and Shepard ... the Cane alone would be bad enough for unwanted visitors but all 3 ... you sleep easy at night! Until the nightmares of all those land mines those 3 are laying in your yard! :jester:

The cane is the most over protective dog I ever owned, not vicious, or attack prone, but if she doesn't know you and you try to come between her and her property ( me, jen, car, truck etc.) she will let you know your not welcome. If she knows you she's a 125 lb. lap puppy.

Yes I sweep the mine field each day and collect about 10 - 15 lbs. for EOD ( extremely odorous doo )

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,911 Senior Member
    Congrats on the new family member.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    jaywapti wrote: »
    The cane is the most over protective dog I ever owned, not vicious, or attack prone, but if she doesn't know you and you try to come between her and her property ( me, jen, car, truck etc.) she will let you know your not welcome. If she knows you she's a 125 lb. lap puppy.

JAY

I have met 1 Cane in my life and he liked me ... as long as my friend, his master, was there. The funny thing is no matter how we stood that Cane would wedge himself between me and Larry. Also he did not like it if you put your hands in your pocket. As you said not vicious per se but what was his, people and property, was HIS and he made that clear in a calm polite manner ... cause I never would ever thinking off pushing the matter either.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Posts: 1,221 Senior Member
    Good job, Jaywapti! I've been debating the matter for too long. One of the reasons I've been procrastinating is, I've been telling myself I'm too old, blah blah, but if you can do it (chuckle....)
    then I guess I can too!
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."