anyone every worked with this trigger or have any advice?

JayJay Senior MemberPosts: 3,319 Senior Member
A buddy of mine texted me last night and asked if I would help him install a "new trigger" in his nephew's Ruger 10-22. The trigger is a Grandmasters LLC Power Custom trigger. It says, "10-22 Pre-travel Adjustable Hammer and Sear Pack." on the label. I have never worked with this before and wondered if any of yall have any experience or advice on this. He is supposed to bring it to my man cave this evening and we'll see if we can get it installed and function checked. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Replies

• calebibcalebib Senior Member Posts: 1,701 Senior Member
    They are very easy. Just download an exploded view of the trigger group (or snap a pic) to show the orientation of everything and you'll be fine.
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,319 Senior Member
    OK. Cool. Kinda trying to research it now while I'm on a computer rather than trying to do it on my phone this evening. Haha. I'll do what you said and try to have a good idea of how it works before he gets there. That way I won't look quite so much like a deer in headlights when he shows up and puts it on my bench... :jester:

Thanks
    Thanks. I'm sure I've got something around there I can use as a slave pin. I'm sure that'll make it easier to line everything up.
  • calebibcalebib Senior Member Posts: 1,701 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    If it's pieces parts, the use of a slave pin for reassembly is pretty handy. A chopped drill bit a little smaller than the original pin works well. Just make it a half inch or so longer than the original. Put the trigger or sear in place, slide in the slave. It will allow you to hit the hole on the other side, by "steering" it with the extra length. Then just push it out of the way with the original pin.

I came back to post the same thing. Just ma,e the slave pin the same width as the trigger (or slightly narrower). I've even used a piece of wood dowel rod as a slave pin, it doesn't have to last any longer than it takes to put the gun together.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,525 Senior Member
    Drill bit, how ingenious, cpj said slave pin makes it easy, uh huh, but where to find one?
    Ended up using a allen wrench. Note to self "drill bit instead."
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    He ended up having two of them to be done. I got both done. After I got the first one figured out, the second one took about 10 minutes. These particular kits came with slave pins the same diameter as the trigger pin, but shorter. Just assemble everything with the slave pin, drop it in the reciever and drive the slave pin out with the trigger pin. Easy. And the triggers came out much better than factory.