Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Article for the No Trumper's or Conservatives

NomadacNomadac Senior MemberPosts: 902 Senior Member
Here is an article for those No-Trumper's to consider.

Conservatives Need Trump – Even if they Won’t Admit It.
http://ipatriot.com/conservatives-need-trump-even-wont-admit/

I think this exposes the fallacy of why not to vote for Trump.

Replies

• bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,813 Senior Member
    The fact that persons like Barack Obama, Bernie Sanders, Hilary Clinton, and Donald Trump can defeat candidates with much better records of political achievement is proof positive that we are in the midst of radical times. More people than ever have been convinced that big government can solve the problems caused by big government. Trump is seen as a savior, because his own exploitation of the corruption in government is seen by many as proof that he knows how to fix what is wrong with it. The still unanswered question is whether he will do it, even if he really does know how to do it? It's a crap shoot, 100%.

All three of the remaining candidates have managed to divide the self-identified disenfranchised voters in such a way that Saturday Night Live probably has more influence on the election than anyone's record of achievement. Nobody can predict who will be the next president, or what will happen if any one of them are elected. We will be damned lucky if improper speculation about the election, by the financial markets, doesn't bring them all crashing down around our ears. And, geopolitics have been ignored for the past 8 years, and will be a minefield for whichever of the three diplomatic incompetents eventually takes the reins. The stage is set for a lot of craziness in the near future, and we have become so accustomed to it, most people probably won't even notice it.
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member
    I am convinced the ONLY real cure, is to revert as much control as possible to the states, and to MASSIVELY downsize the Federal budget and scope.

Will this happen? Not a snowball's chance in hell.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
    I agree that Hilary should be unelectable, whether judged on her merits (none), Sanders running 3rd party (slight chance), or indicted (unlikely, also). I also agree that professional politicians (some, but not all) have been asking for this for years, with their political games and ineffectual solutions, or lack thereof.

If I were Trump, I would be hoping that nothing knocks her out before the election, because she would be the easiest to beat of anybody the Democrats have ever fielded. Sanders is very problematic, as a candidate, and would be an unmitigated disaster as a president, but if the Dems were to throw somebody in with a more or less clean background, Trump would probably be in trouble, by November. If elected, he will be hounded relentlessly. Any Republican would be, but one with a good background could slough it off without great difficulty. I have my doubts as to whether Trump's 'teflon' will outlast his presidency.
  • john9001john9001 Senior Member Posts: 668 Senior Member
    At this moment there are only two real choices, Hillary or Trump, we know what Hillary will do, she has told us often enough, we do not know if Trump will do what he says he will do.

The choice seems simple. The anti constitution felon or the businessman with bad hair and a in your face attitude.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,632 Senior Member
    I agree, the choice should be simple...if your only criteria is "not Hillary".
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,577 Senior Member
    john9001 wrote: »
    At this moment there are only two real choices, Hillary or Trump, we know what Hillary will do, she has told us often enough, we do not know if Trump will do what he says he will do.

The choice seems simple. The anti constitution felon or the businessman with bad hair and a in your face attitude.

I'll take an unstylish chauvinist over a document traitor any day.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    I agree that Hilary should be unelectable, whether judged on her merits (none), Sanders running 3rd party (slight chance), or indicted (unlikely, also). I also agree that professional politicians (some, but not all) have been asking for this for years, with their political games and ineffectual solutions, or lack thereof.

If I were Trump, I would be hoping that nothing knocks her out before the election, because she would be the easiest to beat of anybody the Democrats have ever fielded. Sanders is very problematic, as a candidate, and would be an unmitigated disaster as a president, but if the Dems were to throw somebody in with a more or less clean background, Trump would probably be in trouble, by November. If elected, he will be hounded relentlessly. Any Republican would be, but one with a good background could slough it off without great difficulty. I have my doubts as to whether Trump's 'teflon' will outlast his presidency.

God help us with the Supreme Court nominees that either Sanders or Clinton would select. THAT is by far the most important issue this election.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
    Jeeper wrote: »
    God help us with the Supreme Court nominees that either Sanders or Clinton would select. THAT is by far the most important issue this election.

Luis

Trump is saying the right things on this subject, and the list he put out for possible nominees is a good one. But it bothers me that he left a back door, in case he wants to deal. He stopped short of saying he would select from the list that he provided, and he has done enough back-peddling on past statements that I am bothered by that. He has shown a capacity for justifying any reversal on anything he has said. All politicians try to leave a back door, but when a politician has no record to judge his intentions by, it is troubling. There is nothing to judge his core beliefs by, except his own past statements. The problem with that is that he admits that he no longer stands by some of them, while using others of them to prove that he has always been strong on other subjects.