Home Main Category Clubhouse

To those that are attending the SE.

orchidmanorchidman Senior MemberPosts: 8,364 Senior Member
I wish you safe travels and an enjoyable time with our brothers and sisters from here.

I wish I was with you guys but circumstances conspired against me once again. I look forward to seeing lots of pics so I hope you didn't forget your camera's.

Can you give Miss Mary a hug for me please Chris ( cpj)

................and don't forget on Saturday night................DONT BE THE FIRST TO FALL ASLEEP AT THE CAMPFIRE!!!
Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....

Replies

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,143 Senior Member
    We will miss your Port.
    You too Alec, will send something downrange straight and true for you
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,958 Senior Member
    Have a safe and fun time guys. I would love to go but would have to enter witness protection if I bugged out of my daughters and wifes birthdays to actually have a good time. It is the last year that I am pulling the float in the parade, and the daughter is about moved out, so maybe in the future...
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Safe travels and much fun :beer:
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    Have fun guys. Wish I could be there, but family calls.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 18,118 Senior Member
    Wishing safe travels and a good time to all those attemding....wish we could attend but life and finances have determined otherwise...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,986 Senior Member
    Send a few downrange for me!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • HappySquidHappySquid Member Posts: 445 Member
    Pics asap would be nice :), otherwise the forum is almost dead this weekend
    Have a good time guys
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    HappySquid wrote: »
    ..................... otherwise the forum is almost dead this weekend...............

What can you mean?

Now that that shower of reprobates have all gone to the naughty farm, we can repair to the Cricket Pavilion for cucumber sandwiches, cream scones and lashings of ginger beer......

............And few games of;

crown-and-andrews-test-match-game(1)__large.jpg

Yes, the most popular table-top Cricket game for the whole family! :applause:

We will show them how to have some fun, say what, chaps......................................................

200.gif

.......................chaps?
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    shush wrote: »
    What can you mean?

Now that that shower of reprobates have all gone to the naughty farm, we can repair to the Cricket Pavilion for cucumber sandwiches, cream scones and lashings of ginger beer......

............And few games of;

crown-and-andrews-test-match-game(1)__large.jpg

Yes, the most popular table-top Cricket game for the whole family! :applause:

We will show them how to have some fun, say what, chaps......................................................

200.gif

.......................chaps?
    While I'm not much on Cucumber sandwhiches and I no longer drink beer, I definitely can relate to some good ol' cream scones, but are you talking about the leather chaps that protect the cowboy's legs from thorns and thistles while riding his horse? If so, I really don't see a need to wear them while on the forum OR while playing that silly ass abomination of baseball you call Crickett. I don't even like to play or even watch Baseball. Explain your reasoning?

:roll2:.....:roll2:.....:roll2:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    How about an impromptu Belly Dance class while "the boys" are out? :devil:

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »

That's just the ticket. :up:
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,364 Senior Member

How about not!
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
    Here ya go:

http://www.freebellydanceclasses.com/

There's even a male dancer on the front page!

Click "Beginners", and have fun!

)O(
    Before we decided we weren't going to be able to make the trip again this year....we were going to leave this morning....good thing we didn't...the water supply line going to the water heater decided to break this afternoon...it was running for a couple of hours before we caught it. Guest room, kitchen part of the living room, bathroom were all flooded. Linoleum in the bathroom and kitcchen is floating. Isolated the broken pipe...ServiceMaster and the Plumber are on the way in the morning. I can only imagine the mess we would have had if we didn't get home until Tuesday....
    The God/s/ess/esses have a way of watching out for us.

)O(
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,206 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    Before we decided we weren't going to be able to make the trip again this year....we were going to leave this morning....good thing we didn't...the water supply line going to the water heater decided to break this afternoon...it was running for a couple of hours before we caught it. Guest room, kitchen part of the living room, bathroom were all flooded. Linoleum in the bathroom and kitcchen is floating. Isolated the broken pipe...ServiceMaster and the Plumber are on the way in the morning. I can only imagine the mess we would have had if we didn't get home until Tuesday....

Things happen for a reason, hope the floors don't warp and you have zero mold:angel2:
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Ouch! Our flood was on Groundhog Day, and we're still recovering! So far the tab is a bit over $20K and counting, mostly but not entirely insured! It was a pretty massive rain event that ended up requiring carpet replacement in 3 rooms, and paneling and insulation rehab halfway up all the walls at the back of the house. Good luck!
    Jerry
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,813 Senior Member

My mother's house was vacant when the toilet supply line burst, and the water ran for weeks before my wife noticed it running out from under the front door. There was 2" of water standing throughout the house. Servicemaster dried it out completely over a 5-6 day period, with about 30 high powered blower/heaters. A good contractor fixed it all back better than new, at a cost of about 35K. I spent $1000, out of pocket and got a brand new interior, plus all of my mother's multitude of 'stuff' boxed up and labeled by professional packers. It was a small disaster, at a bad time, but turned out very well.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,877 Senior Member
    Hope you lads and lasses have a great time.

Jayhawker: sorry about the water line at the house.
    I'm just here for snark.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,632 Senior Member

:bang::yikes:

Hope you lads and lasses have a great time.

Jayhawker: sorry about the water line at the house.

:that:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    I always valve off toilets and the washing machine if I'm leaving home for more than a day. I once had a toilet tank spontaneously break in half. Fortunately, I was home!

)O(
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,666 Senior Member
    What kind of pipe burst Jayhawker? Iron, copper, PVC??
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    It was PVC...some half-assed plumbing done by some previous tenant,...the line popped out of a 90 degree elbow...to my eye it doesn't appear to have been properly glued...it's something I could easily fix the thing, but the Insurance Adjuster wants a "real" plumber to make the repair....
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,666 Senior Member
    It was PVC...some half-assed plumbing done by some previous tenant,...the line popped out of a 90 degree elbow...to my eye it doesn't appear to have been properly glued...it's something I could easily fix the thing, but the Insurance Adjuster wants a "real" plumber to make the repair....

Yeah. I've heard 'Professionals' claim you don't need the primer when gluing PVC........ I wouldn't hire them.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,632 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio wrote: »
    Yeah. I've heard 'Professionals' claim you don't need the primer when gluing PVC........ I wouldn't hire them.

I caught one of the 'assistants' of the plumber contracted to do our drains, etc. for our new coolers and freezers doing that. He was a little pissed when he had to re-do the section he had just finished. I stuck around to 'help' (make sure he was doing it properly) and he kept demonstrating that each joint held and couldn't be broken as he was cutting it out.

I didn't care. :devil:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • 1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior Member Posts: 1,648 Senior Member
    Shoot some stuff and be safe guys !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ServiceMaster left af few hours ago...dried the place up pretty well and left behind 9 fans and two big humidifiers...can't hear yourself think.....
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I always valve off toilets and the washing machine if I'm leaving home for more than a day. I once had a toilet tank spontaneously break in half. Fortunately, I was home!

Those oval knobs sometimes seem to have a way of leaking when you turn them off and/ or and back on again. Be just fine until they get turned.

I also usually wait and make sure the crappers stop running/get full of water and shut off before I leave.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Those oval knobs sometimes seem to have a way of leaking when you turn them off and/ or and back on again. Be just fine until they get turned.
    That's true. Especially if they haven't been turned in years. I've replaced my share of them!

)O(
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    I always shut off the water main before leaving town if I don't have a house sitter. I have made way too much money fixing houses because of that to not know better.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine