Home Main Category Clubhouse

WANT!!!

coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior MemberPosts: 6,632 Senior Member
http://blog.caranddriver.com/jeep-trailcat-is-the-707-hp-hellcat-powered-wrangler-from-hell/

Not because it makes sense, not because it would be practical, or even all that useful.

Just because. :love:
"Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
George Carlin

Replies

• coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,632 Senior Member
    George Carlin
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,877 Senior Member
    coolgunguy wrote: »
    That I like. Looks very vintage-cool.
    I'm just here for snark.
    That I like. Looks very vintage-cool.

The only problem I can see is all the lumberjack wannabees will be driving one too....but I'm not sure I care.
    George Carlin
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,877 Senior Member
    The problem I see is that I won't be able to afford it.

When a school teacher is the better-paid member of the family, you don't have unlimited cash.
    I'm just here for snark.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    The one I want.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/jeep-j-12-concept-prototype-drive-review

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    I would wan't something more like this.:jester:

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,206 Senior Member
    All very cool looking Jeep designs, I don't think there is room for one more thing under that Wildcat hood.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,986 Senior Member
    The TrailCat even has a MANUAL ****! :up::up::up:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,327 Senior Member
    I can think of a great many cheaper ways to commit suicide than dropping a drag strip engine into a short wheelbase, high C.G. vehicle. . .
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
    Didn't you read the article? They lengthened the wheelbase by 12"!!!:rotflmao:

Like I said, the purpose of this vehicle is stupidity. Not regular stupidity, excessive stupidity!
    George Carlin
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 9,327 Senior Member
    Didn't you read the article? They lengthened the wheelbase by 12"!!!:rotflmao:

Like I said, the purpose of this vehicle is stupidity. Not regular stupidity, excessive stupidity!

Well yeah, that was kinda my point. My 90" WB FJ-40 with the stock 135 HP I-6 was REALLY spooky at 60-65mph before I had the tie rods and drag link rebuilt, and it required a fair amount of attention even after. That so many guys saw any sense at all in dropping S.B.C.'s into them always caused me to raise an eyebrow.

This seems akin to fitting a Pratt & Whitney R-2800 onto the Wright Flyer. . .
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,666 Senior Member
    Bigslug wrote: »
    Well yeah, that was kinda my point. My 90" WB FJ-40 with the stock 135 HP I-6 was REALLY spooky at 60-65mph before I had the tie rods and drag link rebuilt, and it required a fair amount of attention even after. That so many guys saw any sense at all in dropping S.B.C.'s into them always caused me to raise an eyebrow.

This seems akin to fitting a Pratt & Whitney R-2800 onto the Wright Flyer. . .

Jeeps are for off road travel in tight and steep places. Low gears and low end torque are needed. You have it in 4L with 707hp......... you have a sit and spin! If it does get ggod traction, you better have bead locks!

I never understood 4 door Jeeps. Now your wheelbase is nearing pickup length and your manuverability is gone......... might as well have a more versatile thuck.......
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    Back in college, many years ago, I took a used mid to late 70 cj out for a test drive from a dealer...it had a Buick 460 (?), if I recall correctly. No doors on, no roof, June. Got far enough away from the dealership to toss it into 4wd. This was on US 1 in Oxford Valley PA, not backwood podunk. Red light, straight road...light wwent green, pedal to the floor, and I was blind...all four wheels were billowing out smoke.

It was fun, but tossed it back to 2wd and trotted back to the dealership with a no sale response...that thing was likely to kill someone.
    Support your local Scouts!
    roadking wrote: »
    Back in college, many years ago, I took a used mid to late 70 cj out for a test drive from a dealer...it had a Buick 460 (?), if I recall correctly. No doors on, no roof, June. Got far enough away from the dealership to toss it into 4wd. This was on US 1 in Oxford Valley PA, not backwood podunk. Red light, straight road...light wwent green, pedal to the floor, and I was blind...all four wheels were billowing out smoke.

It was fun, but tossed it back to 2wd and trotted back to the dealership with a no sale response...that thing was likely to kill someone.

Probably a 455....... They were pretty stout in the Oldsmobiles too/to/two/tutu
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    People were totaling Hellcats as they drive them of the lot when they first hit. They'll have some idiot goose it in the dealership parking lot and climb up the wall of the dealership and wind up on the roof ... or through the wall.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
    You guys are like a bunch of old wimmin! No fun at all, I tell ya'!! :cuss:
    George Carlin
    George Carlin

IMHO, that 285hp aluminum V-6 in the FC is plenty enough for any of them. None of them are really heavy....... or made to tow heavy

The J12 has a real shot of becoming a production model. If it makes it, I'm buying one. The other jeeps and sweet but not daily drivers!

When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

CaliFFL wrote: »
    The J12 has a real shot of becoming a production model. If it makes it, I'm buying one. The other jeeps and sweet but not daily drivers!

Couple months ago. I saw an original Gladiator (in good driveable condition) for sale on a local Buy, Sell, Trade board on FB (very similar to this)..................... :drool2::drool2::drool2::drool2::drool2:

1meanj.jpg
    And another........ When is the last time you even heard of a Honcho???

https://www.facebook.com/groups/pcsale/permalink/1068164439889349/?sale_post_id=1068164439889349

13055876_1027092854073667_4188105101241089243_o.jpg
    Forget it. This, or nothing:

attachment.php?attachmentid=8203&d=1464544070

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
    I like the vintage models, but I have enough stuff to work on!

Adam J. McCleod

CaliFFL wrote: »
    I like the vintage models, but I have enough stuff to work on!

IF I were to get a vintage 4x4, others would be closer to the top of the list...............

ford-bronco-07.jpg
    Uhh, Zorba 'ol buddy...that one might be a little TOO vintage.:tooth:
    George Carlin
    Uhh, Zorba 'ol buddy...that one might be a little TOO vintage.:tooth:

That's the one I've been lusting after for decades - HS buddy had one. Although, I'm really leaning more towards a regular flat fender jeep these days.

)O(
    DW-1303-PWR-1.jpg

Yea!

)O(
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 7,372 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    The TrailCat even has a MANUAL ****! :up::up::up:
    He said ****:tooth:
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
    Elk creek wrote: »
    He said ****:tooth:

HEY! :guns:

)O(
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 7,372 Senior Member
    Lmao
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.