If you were thinking of trying a Remora holster.....................

jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior MemberPosts: 9,466 Senior Member
Now is the time. Just saw their Memorial Day Sale is 50% off holsters.

I don't care for them, but my wife really likes hers.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson

Replies

• JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    You just cost me money. :angry: :tooth:

I've been meaning to try one of these for some time now.

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,784 Senior Member
    Has anyone here tried to carry cross draw iwb with one of these? I thought about this several days ago but haven't tried it yet. I'm curious to hear if others have carried like this. I like to cross draw carry owb
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,533 Senior Member
    It will work anywhere IWB
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Just ordered the 2 in 1 clip/no clip. Can use with or without the clip.

Thanks for posting this. I've been wanting to try another holster
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,903 Senior Member
    They are OK
    collect pocket lint on the outside.

Good camouflage, hey.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,466 Senior Member
    Sale extended until Midnight Thursday.........
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,668 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I have two and they work great without a clip.

Same here. It works
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    Got mine in the mail today. Have opened it but that's about all. It does have a "sticky", non-slip surface. I'll ck it out further when I quit working in the yard.
    cpj wrote: »
    good to know. This seems like an interesting design. But, I'll have to try it to believe it.

Well, I believe it now. Just tried it with some loose fitting shorts........ the gun(LC9) stays in place. Went to pull the holster and gun out of the waistband and the gun came out but the holster stayed in place. I'll try it with some jeans shortly.

Y'all can go ahead and say it now..................................
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,484 Senior Member
    I have one without the clip. I carry it in the small of my back. Probably not as fast a place to carry as a cross-draw or 3 o'clock, but more comfortable for me.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,466 Senior Member
    They make a reinforced model (RFT) that you can reholster.....

product-info-rft.jpg
    Finally!!
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,533 Senior Member
    Told Ya So
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    Just tried mine as well. It stays in my pants better than a "standard" type holster that has a clip. I like it. The only thing I wish I had done different, is order the one with the sweat guard that comes up a little higher. Of course, if I wasn't a fat ass, that's wouldn't be an issue.
    I see only one flaw, and to me it's not a flaw. Some may argue. That's cool. You can not re-holster your weapon(man that's a scary word) easily. At all. The holster folds down flat once the gun is removed. But here's my deal. If I have to pull my gun, I ain't worried about putting it back in the holster. And if I'm still in a bind when I run it empty, I'm using it as a club. :tooth:

Watch their videos!!! They show you how to "mold" your holster to your gun. I just got mine last week, molded it to my S&W J Frame, and it works great! Very happy with it so far.

Luus
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,553 Senior Member
    Yeah yeah.
    Wish I could buy the material they use to make them.

I could have bought the material to buy my latest holster, and would have if I had seen it before I spent $40 for it. It's an 'Alabama' pocket holster that I ordered on the spur of the moment, after watching a Hickok45 video. It is a great holster, just like he said, but I could have made it myself with $5 worth of kydex. :tissue: