Home Main Category Clubhouse

Memorial Day

JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior MemberPosts: 6,577 Senior Member
memorial-day-history.png

To all those fallen, you aren't forgotten. To all those survived, you are thanked from the bottom of my heart.

Long live the Republic.
“There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers

Replies

• tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    memorial-day-history.png

To all those fallen, you aren't forgotten. To all those survived, you are thanked from the bottom of my heart.

Long live the Republic.

I could not agree more. Thanks for posting.
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    image_zpsta2ehbik.jpeg
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,501 Senior Member
    :iwo::usa::usa:
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:

Amen to all of this. This is something I think we here can all agree on. And to all those that have a problem with the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, or the American way of life, I say two things, Get in touch with the true history of the U.S. and not some johnny come lately's version (Revised History doesn't cut it, I don't care how it agrees with making your entitled lifestyle look legitimate). Get involved with the government, on the local level all the way up to the National level. Get on board with the program. Get some education or a skill, get to work and help us keep this place strong. Then also quit crying that you haven't been treated fair and that the government owes you something. Nobody alive today has ever owned a slave (Legally within the borders of the U.S.A.) so don't tell us how bad you have it. Life is a challenge to us all. Accept that and acquire the tools needed in life to smooth out the bumps in the road.

God Bless America!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    :usa::usa::iwo::usa::usa:
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,577 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Amen to all of this. This is something I think we here can all agree on. And to all those that have a problem with the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, or the American way of life, I say two things, Get in touch with the true history of the U.S. and not some johnny come lately's version (Revised History doesn't cut it, I don't care how it agrees with making your entitled lifestyle look legitimate). Get involved with the government, on the local level all the way up to the National level. Get on board with the program. Get some education or a skill, get to work and help us keep this place strong. Then also quit crying that you haven't been treated fair and that the government owes you something. Nobody alive today has ever owned a slave (Legally within the borders of the U.S.A.) so don't tell us how bad you have it. Life is a challenge to us all. Accept that and acquire the tools needed in life to smooth out the bumps in the road.

God Bless America!

Driving to pickup coffee for me and the lady this morning I saw a group gathering around the flagpole at a nearby VFW. The coffee wasn't going anywhere so I stopped by and joined them for their modest ceremony to lower the flag to half mast. It was a nice pause in the morning bustle. Korea, Vietnam, Gulf War and Afghanistan/Iraq war vets were all represented. Good folks.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,126 Senior Member
    Had two people come up to me at stops on the way home today and say something nice on that subject.
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 5,032 Senior Member
    :usa::iwo: Thanks to all, past , present , and future :iwo::usa:

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    About 2 1/2 centuries from the Revolutionary War to now. Many of America's best and brightest gave their lives and last full measure of devotion to their country. This is the day set aside to honor that ultimate sacrifice. For the mothers, fathers, wives, sons, and daughters, and other family members, it's Memorial Day every day. It's good to have a day set aside to honor the fallen, but let us all try to remember them the whole year long, and their families when certain holidays come around, and there's an empty chair at the table.

:usa::usa::usa::usa:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Miss MaryMiss Mary Senior Member Posts: 743 Senior Member
    I got to talk to our Marine grandson today, he was calling to talk to Grandpa because he knew tis day is sometimes rough for him....God bless our troops especially those that think of their grandpa's. On this day Jerry's WWII dad is now flying with very different wings. :iwo:
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,142 Senior Member
    Jason, as a Vet and American I thank you for taking that moment this morning. Those that gave all there is to give, will not be forgotten because of folks like you.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,142 Senior Member
    ad0da43f001300b492ddbd0f554eb742.jpgef0798adccf3939d1c97d40f3ae04c4f.jpg

We stopped by and visited the USS Alabama today, saw the B-52 and thought of Teach as we talked about bailing out of one just the other day.
    Tooka quiet moment for those that did not make it home.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • 1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior Member Posts: 1,648 Senior Member
    Was part of the color guard for local VFW on Monday morning, the boys firing the salute were using Springfield 1903 A3s. They also brought out the Krag Jorgensen whose action is dated 1898 with the stock dated 1903. It is the longer rifle in the picture.ed562ae19600cd51bec267a83e827632.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Red HorseRed Horse Member Posts: 96 Member
    Lest we, in our turbulent and self absorbed lives forget --

Fiddler's Green

Halfway down the trail to Hell,
    In a shady meadow green,
    Are the souls of all dead troopers camped
    Near a good old time canteen,
    And this eternal resting place
    Is known as Fiddler's Green.

Marching Past, straight through to Hell,
    The Infantry are seen,
    Accompanied by the Engineers,
    Artillery and Marine,
    For none but the shades of Cavalrymen
    Dismount at Fiddler's Green.

Though some go curving down the trail
    To seek a warmer scene,
    No trooper ever gets to Hell
    Ere he's emptied his canteen,
    And so rides back to drink again
    With friends at Fiddler's Green.

And so when man and horse go down
    Beneath a saber keen,
    Or in a roaring charge or fierce melee
    You stop a bullet clean,
    And the hostiles come to get your scalp,
    Just empty your canteen,
    And put your pistol to your head
    And go to Fiddler's Green.

May God Bless Them All!!!!
    zu Gleich

"Better is the enemy of Good"
  • GunnerK19GunnerK19 Senior Member Posts: 1,095 Senior Member
    Buddy of mine that was in my unit... :usa:

11119542_945368958818064_4471312102025244098_n_zps64cmttrh.jpg
    I'm a Conservative. How conservative? Only Alex P. Keaton has me beat.

Taurus 605 .357, Ruger .45 Vaquero, Colt frontier commemorative .22 SA, Pietta 1860 .44 snubnose
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,927 Senior Member
    Grade school friend

Wall Name:
    WILLIAM L BUNCH
    Date of Birth:
    10/13/1946
    Date of Casualty:
    12/28/1969
    Home of Record:
    LANCASTER
    County of Record:
    LOS ANGELES COUNTY