Better bullets.

earlyearly Senior MemberPosts: 4,950 Senior Member

I was using an outfit called Action Bullets for 44spl.
Almost out.
Was going to order some Hornady swaged. I've good results from them in light 38s.
Found these HSM locally (no shipping).
240gr lswc .430 dia.
They're more uniform and better lubed than the Action Bullets. They just barely hang in the throats of my 44s. We'll see.
My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.

Replies

• TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,045 Senior Member
    Shot some HSM 45 Colt Saturday. First experience with the brand. Their stuff was more accurate and cleaner burning than the Ultramax or Black Hills Ammo I shot. And much less expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,985 Senior Member
    Look good, outta shoot just fine in a .44 Spl.

I'd say 6 to 7 1/2 grains of Unique (depending on what power level you want and the gun you are firing them from) is a good place to start out.

Next time I need any hard cast .44s I may buy some of Penn Bullets like the .38 cal ones I tried at the shoot. Really seem accurate and no leading with some kinda coating they are using now. More testing to come, but the .357s I reloaded show much promise.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    I scored some IMR Trail Boss for cast lead specials.

These new coatings are intriguing. Less clean up we'll having the advantages on non-jacketed lead could offer an economy of time and money that's welcome.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.