Home Main Category Personal Defense

Local shootout at a small restaurant.

AntonioAntonio Senior MemberPosts: 2,863 Senior Member
Posting this 'cause I know the guy; not my friend or even an acquaintance, but part of the small local IDPA crowd that gathers for matches.
In fact he was shooting this Sunday morning at the Army range in one of such events, and was chatting with some of my club's buddies; he was probably using the same Glock 25 (Virtually a blowback .380ACP 19) he used later in the incident. Check the restaurant's CCTV video here:

http://elcomercio.pe/lima/ciudad/asi-fue-asalto-y-balacera-polleria-chorrillos-video-noticia-1905432?flsm=1

One of the robbers (The one he shots at close range) died and was left laying in the street by his gang, along with the Taurus .38 Special revolver he was carrying; in the video you can see a woman sitting at a table being hit in the upper back by either a miss or a through-and-through (Sadly law bans using other than FMJ or SP for self-defense, and nothing bigger/more powerful than a 9mm Makarov or .38 Special). She's at a local hospital with a lung wound while the shooter that was hit in the lower torso luckily had no internal organs compromised, only flesh.

The guy is kinda local celebrity, a Russian who's the Muay Tai trainer of another nationalized Russian girl who is a well-known UFC fighter; both were dining at that small restaurant that has been already robbed many times in the last years. Place is located in the same "county" I live, but I wouldn't dare to go there since it's a rather rough place.

Probably he'll be blamed for confronting the robbers and end up in jail unless he puts up a good show for the press and/or bribes himself out of the problems, no matter if he's a legal CCW holder....poor guy!

Replies