Home Main Category Personal Defense

Laser grips on CCW? Thought?

2»

Replies

• NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 902 Senior Member
    I put a set of Crimson Trace grips on my Colt Commander, that I carry at night for better sight acquision in the dark. A light on my Commander is not an option for concealed carry for me. This helps to confirm, before I pull the trigger and send a round downrange, that it will hit what I am aiming at and not someone I don't want to shoot. JMO.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,947 Senior Member
    Nomadac wrote: »
    I put a set of Crimson Trace grips on my Colt Commander, that I carry at night for better sight acquision in the dark. A light on my Commander is not an option for concealed carry for me. This helps to confirm, before I pull the trigger and send a round downrange, that it will hit what I am aiming at and not someone I don't want to shoot. JMO.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,893 Senior Member
    knitepoet, I fall into the category of not practicing enough. I also have to wear glasses to see any sights. I have a crimson trace on my bedside because I can use it without glasses. It comes on when you squeeze the grip with your middle finger or you can not turn it on with a little less pressure. It is red and works well inside but it is not dependable outside in daylight. I like it and plan on keeping it. I don't have one on my carry gun because even a green one is not bright enough to be dependable in daylight and it requires a different holster for my xds. Only you know how well you can see and how much you practice so it is going to be a personal choice.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,947 Senior Member
    Thanks, I just "pulled the trigger" on the Hogue LE grips and they should be here Sunday.
    With the Fiber optic front sight, I'm not that worried about it's daylight performance, but in lower light where it would be slower, and more difficult, to acquire a good sight picture, I figure it's a nice "tool" to add to the box, since I planned on putting the Hogue finger grooved grips on it anyway.
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Eli wrote: »
    For any lurkers who are maybe new to guns, or just new to the idea of using guns in a defensive roll....please know that horselips is an idiot, and just about everything that he posts is incorrect. If you comb through threads, looking for one post or poster to latch onto, to possible learn something from, I emphatically implore you, do not let it be from horselips.

Also for the Lurkers, Forum Brother Eli is a great person to learn from... Knitepoet too...
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996