Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Gun Control Watch: 4 bills defeated in the Senate

breamfisherbreamfisher Senior MemberPosts: 13,692 Senior Member
Some folks are unhappy. Surprised no one here's posted this, yet.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/20/politics/senate-gun-votes-congress/
Overkill is underrated.

Replies

• tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    Well everyone was admitting defeat a few days ago. They don't like being wrong. If it didn't happen after Sandy Hook, it isn't happening after Pulse. 30,000 ARs sold by one dealer. I say there is a clarion call for freedom, nit restriction. Never compromise. Never accept a politician that does.

There will be nothing done prior to the election anyway.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,692 Senior Member
    I agree on all counts. As someone on another forum said, if 20+ dead elementary school kids doesn't motivate people, er, gun control legislation, 49 adults won't....
    Overkill is underrated.
    I'm not sure that that would be successful, though. That could mobilize a LOT of people to vote for Trump just so he could overturn such measures. Not trying to turn this into a Trump thread, but...
    Overkill is underrated.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,600 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    The problem with an emotionally driven ideologue is that ego and beliefs in his own righteousness/intelligence are the only drivers that matter to them. Logic and facts have no importance in their world. He is smarter than all of us and we must do it his way.

:agree::that: Yes. This is what's called a True Believer (tm). We have them on both sides of the aisle. I for one am sick of them.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I agree wholeheartedly but I also don't think he cares anymore (or maybe ever). The problem with an emotionally driven ideologue is that ego and beliefs in his own righteousness/intelligence are the only drivers that matter to them. Logic and facts have no importance in their world. He is smarter than all of us and we must do it his way. Cue in Obamacare which cost him Congress.
    I think he does care about his legacy, and any actions that are immediately overturned give him pause.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    The whole Congress (House and Senate) appear to have imbibed on LSD and PCP, and maybe smoked a little crack. The name calling and wild accusations look like a first grade name calling on the playground. They should all be roundly spanked and made to write on the blackboard 1,000 times, "I will play well with others and not be an anus chapeau."

Harry Reid made one of the worst accusations saying that the Republicans wanted to arm ISIS. I guess he forgot that he facilitated Obama arming Syrian rebels that ran to ISIS with all the arms and ammo. He's got dementia; his short term memory sucks like a Hoover powered by a blown 426 hemi burning nitromethane.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    The left will need a Convention of States to modify the 2nd amendment. For the most part, short of that, little will get done.

Having said this we need to watch out for the potential in a big way.

Things I would modify:

Term limits for Congress and the Supreme Court
    Congress not allowed to pass laws that do not apply to them...

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    O'Reilly showed the results of a poll that indicates all the gains in public support we earned over the last few years has disappeared. As usual, the gun companies, rolling in dough, and the NRA, the GOA, and richer than ever retailers weren't ready for any of it, and while the media pounded their viewers with the gun control mantra, there was almost no resistance from our side.

I know it sucks big donkeys to have to spend your money defending a civil right that should by now be a given, not even open to discussion, but that's the way it is. These companies like Ruger, S&W, Remington, Bud's, Sportsman's Guide, and so on depend on a favorable interpretation of the 2nd Amendment to even stay in business let alone make a living. And if Hillary wins in November, the Supreme Court is lost, and if she gets a Democratic Congress at any time in her term, it's all over. Finis. Kaput. And they know it. And they should have a 9 digit PAC blanketing the airwaves with the truth and beauty of our right to keep and bear arms, and the failure of this administration to enforce the laws already on the books, but they don't. And they won't. And when it's too late, it will be finally, irretrievably, irrevocably too late. Forever more.

This is not an issue than can be handled poorly or on the cheap. Omar Mateen has turned Hillary's gun control agenda from a liability to an asset, bordering on a cause celeb. OK, Big Green, and the rest of Big Gun, get out your checkbooks and do it right now. Or else. If we lose in November, you're gonna kiss it all good-bye anyway.