Home Main Category Personal Defense

What kind of idiot would buy one of these and carry it????

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Badges! Badges!
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,203 Senior Member
    It's a bad idea all the way around...one way is that in some states you can get arrested for impersonating a police officer...another way is a bad guy finding it on you and putting a bullet in your head....Pretty much stupid all the way around. I wonder how many of those things they sell...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    I dunno, but I have seen a few Yo Yos who think it gives them special police powers and/or try to impress folks in the checkout line when they reach for their wallet...............DIPSTICKS
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    The idiot who got into a beef about which pew to sit in at a church service flashed one of those badges before he shot and killed the guy who asked him to move to another seat- - - - - -that's the sort of fool with a testosterone overload who buys that sort of crap!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/churchgoer-killed-fight-seat-sunday-service-article-1.2618098

Jerry
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    I think somebody on here is nutty enough to have bought one ... but not idiotic enough to actually carry it though
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,989 Senior Member
    "Badges? We don' need no stinkin' badges!"
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • Macdaddy17Macdaddy17 New Member Posts: 2 New Member
    Kinda defeats the purpose of concealing, doesn't it?
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,096 Senior Member
    Macdaddy17 wrote: »
    Kinda defeats the purpose of concealing, doesn't it?

Exactly. "Concealed is concealed."
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,530 Senior Member
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    I think somebody on here is nutty enough to have bought one ... but not idiotic enough to actually carry it though
    Methinks you're right.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member

Flying nutty sort of chap?
    Methinks you're right.
    shush wrote: »
    Flying nutty sort of chap?

It's been 3 days since his last post ... must be on vacation
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,035 Senior Member
    Anybody that buys other crap from SPG!
    OK, I wasn't implying our unnamed member is an idiot, especially after being set straight on here, if I remember correctly.

To carry and flash it implying you have special police powers and to try to impress folks with one is different.

I trust him with my guns and that says a lot! Well, one at a time, anyhow :tooth:
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    For even more fun, read the customer reviews. This thing gets a rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
    Just sitting here, topless, nursing a double Scotch while letting small frilled lizards bite my nipples, I cannot come up with a good reason for this item. Perhaps after a self-defense event, you could hold it up for the arriving LEOs to see so they won't think you're the bad guy? Perhaps when being pulled over for a traffic violation in a must-inform state you can hand it to the officer?
    March of last year ('15) a NC state senator introduced a bill for an advanced conceal carry permit issued in NC the would require more training and costs but would allow the person to carry in more places similar to LEOs ... it needless to say didn't pass. The funny thing was the Sheriff of the issuing county was to also issue a special type badge with the permit. The whole thing was a little crazy with having to go for mental health screenings, take advanced course where 1 even included simution usage, to total cost of maybe $1,000 for it ... but you got a shiny badge. Now no power to arrest or such came with the badge just being able to carry in a few more areas ... so why the badge?
    - George Orwell
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    We seem to live in a society that contains a big crowd of people who can't comprehend how great it is to be an anonymous nobody.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
    ...having to go for mental health screenings...
    That's SOP here in Cali, at least in my county. Then you still don't get a CCW most of the time...

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »

Yes sir officer, this here badge gives me permission to carry my gun anywhere I want! What you mean it ain't legal? Says right here on the back, I can carry my gun everywhere I go! What you mean, that pertains ONLY to the gun I was born with?
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Yes sir officer, this here badge gives me permission to carry my gun anywhere I want! What you mean it ain't legal? Says right here on the back, I can carry my gun everywhere I go! What you mean, that pertains ONLY to the gun I was born with?

:yikes:.....:silly:.....:tooth:
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    cpj wrote: »
    The only person who would buy this for any reason other than a joke has tiny penis.

Damn! There you go tellin' off on yourself again!
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,252 Senior Member
    I wouldn't have one........ To small! I want everyone within a 100 yards to know how BA I am!

2503d1377666165-drop-gun-i-said-drop-bam-bam-bam-p_080000833_1.jpg
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,793 Senior Member

LOL...best part of that movie.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,843 Senior Member
    :popcorn:

I just stopped by to say we are back from Hatteras

attachment.php?attachmentid=8304&d=1466817318
    NN wrote: »
    :popcorn:

I just stopped by to say we are back from Hatteras

attachment.php?attachmentid=8304&d=1466817318

Ned, everyone went outta their way not to mention you by name (in deference to your years and you being you and all :tooth:) so those who didn't already know wouldn't, but you let the cat outta the bag yourself..............I had forgotten about you having one until someone mentioned it...............Oh boy...........can you get a free cup of coffee at the 7-11 if you flash it? :jester: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
  • 22shooter1422shooter14 New Member Posts: 7 New Member
    Haha, it does look just like a police badge.
  • MrSmittyMrSmitty New Member Posts: 12 New Member
    Hey!! it's ok...I'm a concealed carrier........!see!
    ...can you get a free cup of coffee at the 7-11 if you flash it? :jester: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

No, but you can get a discounted donut!

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,843 Senior Member
    MrSmitty wrote: »
    Hey!! it's ok.!
    Welcome aboard
  • bulldoggbulldogg New Member Posts: 2 New Member
    I've seem posted on other forums, where people said they had Badges,I just assume they were LEO.