Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

The king has spoken!

timctimc Senior MemberPosts: 6,684 Senior Member
What the heck is it with this guy?
Obama: I'm Still Not Enforcing Immigration Law, No Matter What The Court Says
http://nation.foxnews.com/2016/06/23/obama-im-still-not-enforcing-immigration-law-no-matter-what-court-says
timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
AKA: Former Founding Member

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,611 Senior Member
    That man is just getting more and more brazen. A "true believer" and damn the consequences.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    [IMG][/img]king-putt_zps9fcd70ab.png
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    He must have been whispering. I never heard a thing here. :zzzz:
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,865 Senior Member
    If the president won't perform his primary duty (enforcing the law), isn't that an impeachable offense?
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    isn't that an impeachable offense?

Not in the time he's got left, unless it's a ballistic impeachment.
    Jerry
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,345 Senior Member
    If the president won't perform his primary duty (enforcing the law), isn't that an impeachable offense?

Nope. And it's not his primary duty. The president cannot perform a law, he can only appoint who will or will not enforce a law. Separation of powers and all that. He can only appoint people to enforce Federal law, which is what caught him up in Texas.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • john9001john9001 Senior Member Posts: 668 Senior Member
    book em danno.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    That man is just getting more and more brazen. A "true believer" and damn the consequences.

And DAMN the rule of law. He's so full of it. He ain't foolin' me!
    '
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    No wonder he had to give up his license to practice law! He's no better than a tin pot dictator. At least this ruling gives some states the legal cover to do in their states what Obama will not do.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member

To me, it should be. I mean when the people elect somebody he should obey the law. This guy obeys the laws he wants and ignores everything he doesn't want to do.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,865 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    Nope. And it's not his primary duty. The president cannot perform a law, he can only appoint who will or will not enforce a law. Separation of powers and all that. He can only appoint people to enforce Federal law, which is what caught him up in Texas.

I said "enforce" (or execute).

http://www.heritage.org/research/lecture/2014/the-presidents-duty-to-faithfully-execute-the-law
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!