Tucker Gun Leather - Houston, TX - NO WAY

airmecher1airmecher1 New MemberPosts: 2 New Member
I ordered a custom holster for a Kimber 1911 on February 7th, 2016 and paid for it at that time. I was told 3 months wait time up front. Fair enough. The first week of June I contacted them with a question of where my order was and they failed to answer. One week later I asked again and was told it would be 3 weeks to ship, making it on or about 7/9/16 as the ship date. At no time have they ever initiated contact to inform me of any problems. They have only answered, feebly, when I push it that they are behind. No kidding. $250.00 bucks for a custom holster, 3 month wait that has turned into what is now 23 weeks. Monday July 11th, 2016 will find me on the phone cancelling the order and demanding my money back. I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this but BUYER BEWARE.

Do not patronize:

Tucker Gun Leather
7027 Concho St. STE 100
Houston, Texas 77074
(800) 308-6628

Run, as fast as you can from them. I have invoices, e-mails and dates to prove what I am saying. Disgruntled customer, yes. But with facts, not blubbering accusations that are exaggerated. :angry::angry:

Replies

• TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,045 Senior Member
    When you show up without as much as a how do you do, and blast some merchant you are not happy with...we aint listening.
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    .............without as much as a how do you do............

Or a by your leave!

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    This won't end well.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Dude, chill. If you need that holster for an event or some such and waited until February to order it then you are just dumb. If you are just throwing a temper tantrum, then we just don't care.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
    Waiting for custom stuff is frustrating. Especially when the response to inquiries is not there. But custom stuff is custom for a reason. And if this guy is knocking them out one at a time, I can imaging gauging the lead time would be difficult.

His stuff looks nice and the reviews are good. Get something to tide you over if you must, but sit back and wait. And be pleasantly surprised when you do get it.

That's my porcelain wisdom for the day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,102 Senior Member
    "I want my hand made, hand sewn, hand decorated, custom holster from the ONE guy in his small shop trying to fill a thousand orders, NOW! WHAAAA WHAAAA WHAAAA."

That's what I read, anyways...maybe it's just me.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,904 Senior Member
    airmecher1 wrote: »
    I ordered a custom holster for a Kimber 1911 on February 7th, 2016 and paid for it at that time. I was told 3 months wait time up front. Fair enough. The first week of June I contacted them with a question of where my order was and they failed to answer. One week later I asked again and was told it would be 3 weeks to ship, making it on or about 7/9/16 as the ship date. At no time have they ever initiated contact to inform me of any problems. They have only answered, feebly, when I push it that they are behind. No kidding. $250.00 bucks for a custom holster, 3 month wait that has turned into what is now 23 weeks. Monday July 11th, 2016 will find me on the phone cancelling the order and demanding my money back. I am not sure if this is the correct place to post this but BUYER BEWARE.

Do not patro

Run, as fast as you can from them. I have invoices, e-mails and dates to prove what I am saying. Disgruntled customer, yes. But with facts, not blubbering accusations that are exaggerated. :angry::angry:
    Thanks, I won't use their product
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • airmecher1airmecher1 New Member Posts: 2 New Member
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    "I want my hand made, hand sewn, hand decorated, custom holster from the ONE guy in his small shop trying to fill a thousand orders, NOW! WHAAAA WHAAAA WHAAAA."

That's what I read, anyways...maybe it's just me.

To all who criticize me, and especially JasonMPD:

In case your reading skills are deficient for some reason I have been a member here for quite some time. I just haven't posted anything. To jump on me for a LEGITIMATE complaint, that I have brought to the attention of the ownership of said leather goods maker, multiple times, and gotten nothing but feeble answers only when I prodded them, is pathetic. I expected better from you folks. I was told 3 months, up front and accepted it. I gave them ANOTHER 3 months beyond that. To say "I should just shut up and accept poor service because it is custom is ridiculous. I let THEM set the timetable. TWICE. And was let down both times.

In my job I deal with customers and timetables for scheduling their aircraft repairs and modifications. And I call or e-mail updates and problems that might, or might not, effect delivery times. Is it so much to ask of a custom maker of a multiple man shop? I think not. A simple e-mail that told me that they are running way behind and the delivery date will be pushed back to whenever, would have assuaged my concerns and gone a long way to my accepting the length of time it is taking.

Like I said, I expected better from fellow gun owners. Now I know that a lot of people here are just pukes with big mouths and fat fingers that are not connected to any brain tissue.

Good day.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,118 Senior Member
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    This won't end well.

You're right.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    :popcorn:
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    You don't math so much well. Do you? It has only just been five months, not the six you are claiming. Stuff happens, clearly the dude is busy making holsters not spending all day answering whine bag emails.

That or he took your money and ran. I bet he is just stringing you along from his beach chair in the Bahamas.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,269 Senior Member
    3111720610_314b78f1c8.jpg

Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,727 Senior Member
    Just ask for your money back.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    Take him on Judge Judy
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,355 Senior Member

In case your reading skills are deficient for some reason I have been a member here for quite some time. I just haven't posted anything. To jump on me for a LEGITIMATE complaint, that I have brought to the attention of the ownership of said leather goods maker, multiple times, and gotten nothing but feeble answers only when I prodded them, is pathetic. I expected better from you folks. I was told 3 months, up front and accepted it. I gave them ANOTHER 3 months beyond that. To say "I should just shut up and accept poor service because it is custom is ridiculous. I let THEM set the timetable. TWICE. And was let down both times.

In my job I deal with customers and timetables for scheduling their aircraft repairs and modifications. And I call or e-mail updates and problems that might, or might not, effect delivery times. Is it so much to ask of a custom maker of a multiple man shop? I think not. A simple e-mail that told me that they are running way behind and the delivery date will be pushed back to whenever, would have assuaged my concerns and gone a long way to my accepting the length of time it is taking.

Like I said, I expected better from fellow gun owners. Now I know that a lot of people here are just pukes with big mouths and fat fingers that are not connected to any brain tissue.

Good day.

Why would you expect better of us? Have we (as a group, or even singly) interacted in any way, shape or fashion before this? IOW, who are you to expect anything from anybody here, other than exactly what you got? You have a grand total of two posts here, Mr. Longtime member...the first post to bitch about something, the second to call us names. You want sympathy? We're fresh out. There might be some on backorder, but you know how delivery times go...

In the future, maybe try building a little bit of a relationship before looking for hugs and attaboys before tearing somebody or something down. Or don't, and continue being a jackass.

Edited to add: I might just look into this place and see if they have a 1911 holster they'll be wanting to unload, cheap! :devil:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    Supermarket business going badly these days :popcorn:
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    To all who criticize me..................... Now I know that a lot of people here are just pukes with big mouths and fat fingers that are not connected to any brain tissue.

Good day.

Bit harsh, say what?

You have been a member here since 2014 and have not picked up on the fact that most of us have no brain tissue at all?

Somewhat slow of you , me thinks.

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,355 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    Supermarket business going badly these days :popcorn:

Nope, business is, as they say, booming! We Curmudgeonites tend to be a tad short on the light-off, though....and I'm ALWAYS looking for a deal!
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    Who says this won't end well...I think it's going just swimmingly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,553 Senior Member
    Welcome aboard. I hope you enjoy your time here. Post pictures when you get your holster, so we will know if it's worth the wait.
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,248 Senior Member
    Airmech,
    I do believe you have a legitimate grip. Something, custom or not should not take nearly twice as long as promised without some explanation to the customer. The poor response to repeated inquiry only adds to your disenchantment with this vendor.
    That being said, you came about this the wrong way. Had you come here and asked if anyone had experience with this company, good or bad and explained your concerns. Or asked if anyone had ever purchased custom leather and what sort of turn around time was customary, I'm sure the responses would have been much different.
    I hope you are able to get this resolved to your satisfaction and will follow up with a review of this product.

Sako
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Nah, he'll be banned at any moment for personal attacks and generally being a Richard.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,624 Senior Member
    For what it's worth, I discovered that the cheap, unbranded $5 or $10 black nylon holsters sold at gun shows work as well as any. And they last. I have a few that are over 20 years old and don't look a day of it. I own just one leather holster, a Hunter bought ages ago for my Colt New Service Target. It's so old it must have been crafted from dinosaur skin but it still looks good. Bottom line - I would never, ever, pay serious money for anything as inconsequential as a holster. Yeah, I know, some holsters have retention this or that, are adjustable one way or the other, blah-blah-blah, who cares? I don't. The little Velcro strap they all come with is retention enough for me, and while a cheapie may be a little bit 'slower' than a megabuck holster, no operational differences warrant or justify the higher cost.
    Sure...but you gotta have a BBQ holster to holster that BBQ gun.

Good day.

I read fine.

I read your 2014 join date with now, what? 2 posts?

Your a fly-by-night internet poster with 10 or 15 forum memberships. Ya joined here in 2014, we didn't fit your nature, you moved on. You found us again when you had some bitching to do.

I could care less if my opinion about you is correct or way off base. Doesn't matter to me. I've been a member of this forum, the one before it, and the one before that. Since 2002-ish.

Get outta here with your "bleh bleh I've been a member for 2 years, bleh blah bleh"
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
    horselips wrote: »
    For what it's worth, I discovered that the cheap, unbranded $5 or $10 black nylon holsters sold at gun shows work as well as any. And they last. I have a few that are over 20 years old and don't look a day of it. I own just one leather holster, a Hunter bought ages ago for my Colt New Service Target. It's so old it must have been crafted from dinosaur skin but it still looks good. Bottom line - I would never, ever, pay serious money for anything as inconsequential as a holster. Yeah, I know, some holsters have retention this or that, are adjustable one way or the other, blah-blah-blah, who cares? I don't. The little Velcro strap they all come with is retention enough for me, and while a cheapie may be a little bit 'slower' than a megabuck holster, no operational differences warrant or justify the higher cost.
    I used to think similar and used Uncle Mike's holsters, but, when I got to having a serious need for wearing a holster, I found that the plastic belt loops broke at the worst possible time.
    NN wrote: »
    I used to think similar and used Uncle Mike's holsters, but, when I got to having a serious need for wearing a holster, I found that the plastic belt loops broke at the worst possible time.

In the restroom?
    Sure...but you gotta have a BBQ holster to holster that BBQ gun.
    Helps; but, all you need is one that will not drop the gun at the BBQ and get the gun damaged.

I'd vote for the BBQ holster.
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    In the restroom?

No walking down the street or in the field or climbing into a boat or something.

Sun damage or just age :uhm:
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,837 Senior Member
    horselips wrote: »
    For what it's worth, I discovered that the cheap, unbranded $5 or $10 black nylon holsters sold at gun shows work as well as any. .

No...they aren't....at least for anyone who carries seriously...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"