Tucker Gun Leather - Houston, TX - NO WAY

Replies

• minnesotashooterminnesotashooter Senior Member Posts: 708 Senior Member
    I have a Texas Heritage from Tucker, and had a really good experience with them. No issues.
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,725 Senior Member
    Nylon holster are just a bad idea no matter how you try to spin it. They suck! Period! The only reason I would have one is if I bought a used gun and it was in it when I carried it home, that's it.

Custom leather takes time, believe me I know what goes into custom leather. Do your research and proceed. If you don't know who is building your custom rig, that's on you.
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,453 Senior Member
    Just wait unil you are older and getting a touch senile before you order another custom holster. After a couple weeks, you will forget you even ordered one, so it will be a pleasant surprise no matter when it shows up.........
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,259 Senior Member
    Elk creek wrote: »
    Nylon holster are just a bad idea no matter how you try to spin it. They suck! Period! The only reason I would have one is if I bought a used gun and it was in it when I carried it home, that's it.

Custom leather takes time, believe me I know what goes into custom leather. Do your research and proceed. If you don't know who is building your custom rig, that's on you.

Doesn't the military use nylon holsters? Just sayin they don't all suck.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,254 Senior Member
    "He has not responded to that email yet. "

It's a lot more fun (I guess) to get one's knickers in a wad and shed a bucket full of tears all over cyberspace. The businessman in this situation seems to be doing his utmost to deal with an unexpected surge of orders. Once he gets caught up, I hope I can do some business with him!
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,045 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    "He has not responded to that email yet. "

It's a lot more fun (I guess) to get one's knickers in a wad and shed a bucket full of tears all over cyberspace. The businessman in this situation seems to be doing his utmost to deal with an unexpected surge of orders. Once he gets caught up, I hope I can do some business with him!
    Jerry

This.

I looked at his products. Watched the videos on his site. Looked at reviews of his products on Amazon and on his site. Looks like damn fine work and I would be proud to own one.
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,246 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    I HATE when folks just come in here with a first post trashing a gun related business, specially when it's someone that we do not know and therefore has not built any credibility with the group. I sent the address of this thread in an email to the folks at Tucker and Rob from Tucker Gun Leather replied to me within a few hours.

I told him I would post his reply here for all the members to read and ask you to call them tomorrow and get this all straightened out. So in my opinion and based on his response I believe these guys are a good outfit and their work looks to be first class! Heck, I'll probably be ordering something from them soon. Thanks for bringing them to. My attention! Here is Rob's email to me. I hope you follow up with him directly and stop this negative campaign.

Thank you for your heads-up. I appreciate it.
    We ARE struggling with a backlog, especially with stamped orders and we didn’t predict our lead times accurately.
    Due to the huge increase in gun sales, our holster sales doubled over the recent Nov., Dec. Jan., February time frame.
    I received an email from this customer last night in which he said enough is enough and that he would complain in public.
    He obviously hasn’t received my response in which I told him I agreed that we had taken way too long and I told him I would refund his money AND send him the holster he ordered.
    He has not responded to that email yet.

Excellent response. This sounds like a company worth doing business with. Thanks for posting this Wambli.

Sako
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,829 Senior Member
    Sounds as if Tucker Gun Leather would be folks I'd take my business to...

When/If the OP returns, it may be appropriate for you to retract you claims here and anywhere else you posted it.
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,072 Senior Member
    Anytime you order a custom anything from a tiny company and/or one man shop, you can pretty much expect delays. I've experienced it frequently with costume orders - in fact, the costume I'm supposed to wear exactly one week from today has been "on order" for almost a year. I've been assured it will be ready, even if the costumer is putting the last stitches on it with me in it and my music starting.

Patience is a virtue, esp. with custom made stuff. You'll appreciate it all the more when it *does* arrive!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,829 Senior Member
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    Doesn't the military use nylon holsters? Just sayin they don't all suck.

I'm talking about those cheap, soft nylon holsters...the high end "nylon" holsters are generally Cordura over some type of Kydex or similar frame...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,549 Senior Member
    Looks like it's time for everybody to 'bury the hatchet' and start over.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,099 Senior Member
    I HATE when folks just come in here with a first post trashing a gun related business, specially when it's someone that we do not know and therefore has not built any credibility with the group. I sent the address of this thread in an email to the folks at Tucker and Rob from Tucker Gun Leather replied to me within a few hours.

I told him I would post his reply here for all the members to read and ask you to call them tomorrow and get this all straightened out. So in my opinion and based on his response I believe these guys are a good outfit and their work looks to be first class! Heck, I'll probably be ordering something from them soon. Thanks for bringing them to. My attention! Here is Rob's email to me. I hope you follow up with him directly and stop this negative campaign.

Thank you for your heads-up. I appreciate it.
    We ARE struggling with a backlog, especially with stamped orders and we didn’t predict our lead times accurately.
    Due to the huge increase in gun sales, our holster sales doubled over the recent Nov., Dec. Jan., February time frame.
    I received an email from this customer last night in which he said enough is enough and that he would complain in public.
    He obviously hasn’t received my response in which I told him I agreed that we had taken way too long and I told him I would refund his money AND send him the holster he ordered.
    He has not responded to that email yet.

Wow...a refund AND a free holster? The crybaby is silent because he's now getting a privileged handout. What a putz.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    JasonMPD wrote: »
    bisley wrote: »
    Looks like it's time for everybody to 'bury the hatchet' and start over.

Wow...a refund AND a free holster? The crybaby is silent because he's now getting a privileged handout. What a putz.

Nearly there Jason but needs just a bit of work, I think. :tooth: :roll2::roll2:

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    Softly softly catchee monkey.

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,525 Senior Member
    Wow

Great reply from the Company. Will put them on my list for when looking for a new holster.

As for the OP, I understand his being upset. Sounds like he got PO's and let his fingers work quicker than his mind.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,476 Senior Member
    Now this is what I call irony.

The OP starts a post bashing a company, and the end result is that said company most likely benefits from the bashing.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,476 Senior Member
    Even the best business trip every once in a while. What they do when they do is what determines if they are good or not. In this case it seems they are taking care of their customer so they should benefit from the positive exposure.

You may remember Tom Peters. He gave seminars and produced videos about business excellence. I saw some of his videos, and they were good.

I remember one case he presented in which he was to give a seminar in Chicago. The place he was to present the forum was across the street from the "Water Tower", which was a well known landmark. His hotel was only a block away from it, but he was unfamiliar with Chicago at the time. On his way out of his hotel, he asked the doorman for directions to his meeting place. The doorman told him to go right to the end of the block, turn right to next corner, and look for the water tower. His meeting place would be directly across the street from the tower.

He followed the directions to the corner, but didn't see anything that remotely resembled a water tower. He asked a woman who happened to be standing next to him where the water tower was, and she told him which way to go. He was crossing the street in the direction she told him when she ran to him and stopped him, and told him she had given him wrong directions. She then pointed to a building nearby and told him that it was the "water tower". It did not look anything like he was expecting, which is why he did not recognize it. However, thanks to the woman, he was then able to get to his seminar on time.

The point he was making was that the doorman had given him correct directions, but it didn't help. The woman on the street gave him incorrect directions, but then made what he referred to as a "spectacular recovery", which enabled him to get to his seminar on time. I think what we have here is another example of a "spectacular recovery".
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,489 Senior Member
    Kinda glad this thread was started, never knew about Tucker's , went on there web site, lots of neat stuff, especially there rifle slings, I might just have to get one.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,347 Senior Member
    I never had a problem with the guy being upset. Frankly, I would have been upset too... what I had a problem with is his inability to understand that, absent any sort of history between each other, a different approach (something other than bitch, piss and moan) is required. I don't walk down to the end of the block, pick a random house and start complaining to the inhabitants about my bad day at work... even though I've been a 'member of the community' for far longer the past two years.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,624 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    Anytime you order a custom anything from a tiny company and/or one man shop, you can pretty much expect delays. I've experienced it frequently with costume orders - in fact, the costume I'm supposed to wear exactly one week from today has been "on order" for almost a year. I've been assured it will be ready, even if the costumer is putting the last stitches on it with me in it and my music starting.

Patience is a virtue, esp. with custom made stuff. You'll appreciate it all the more when it *does* arrive!

We're going to have to...shudder... see that costume.
  • kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,411 Senior Member
    Sun damage or just age :uhm:[/QUOTE]
    Are you talking about you or the holster?
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,244 Senior Member
    Zorba, ignore post #57!
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY
    Zorba, ignore post #57!

Too late! Once seen, can't be un-seen! :devil:

Maybe the photog will get a picture of Dunia stitching on it as I make my entrance. It could be "that close".

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    cpj wrote: »
    Oh, you're "that close" alright.
    Nothing like living life on the edge! :jester:

• shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,017 Senior Member
    I hope the OP does the right thing and pays for the holster and doesn't accept the refund. I wouldn't want to keep it if I got it from bitching and complaining needlessly. What a butt-munch.
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    I hope the OP does the right thing and pays for the holster and doesn't accept the refund. I wouldn't want to keep it if I got it from bitching and complaining needlessly. What a butt-munch.

Completely disagree with this. I own a business, and my word is my business. If the company could not keep up with orders, they should have turned down orders until they caught up. I turn down work all the time, because I know I will not be able to handle the additional work, and keep up with current work. They owe him, and everyone else they screwed, a free holster, or a refund. Waiting well over twice the agreed upon time was more than patient on the OPs part. I hope the company does make it right with him, and the rest of their customers. I wouldn't purchase a thing from them if they don't. If they do, I might do business with them in the future. It is OK to make a mistake if you make it right.

I find it funny all the people crawling down the OP's throat, while they bitch when their palmetto order is delayed two days.

Hypocrite much. I think so.
    It's because I hate Trump.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,045 Senior Member
    :up:.......I kind of sympathize with the guy. After waiting twice as much time as promised for his product, with barely a word from the company, he blows a gasket. I think some of the responses were a bit over the top. At least he thought he was giving fair warning to the rest of us about a company he thought he was getting burned by.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,453 Senior Member
    Completely disagree with this. I own a business, and my word is my business. If the company could not keep up with orders, they should have turned down orders until they caught up. I turn down work all the time, because I know I will not be able to handle the additional work, and keep up with current work. They owe him, and everyone else they screwed, a free holster, or a refund. Waiting well over twice the agreed upon time was more than patient on the OPs part. I hope the company does make it right with him, and the rest of their customers. I wouldn't purchase a thing from them if they don't. If they do, I might do business with them in the future. It is OK to make a mistake if you make it right.

I find it funny all the people crawling down the OP's throat, while they bitch when their palmetto order is delayed two days.

Hypocrite much. I think so.

I have ordered three custom holsters from three different manufacturers................... All of the them took 20+ weeks
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio wrote: »
    I have ordered three custom holsters from three different manufacturers................... All of the them took 20+ weeks

Did they tell you 20+ weeks, or did they tell you 12 weeks, and not communicate, and still not have them ready at 23 weeks. If they told him 20+ from the get go then piss on him, but that isn't how it happened here is it. This is 100% on Tucker. The OP is in the right all the way. What Tucker did was bad business. If they make it right then good on them, but he has every right, and a duty, to warn gun owners of bad businesses.
    It's because I hate Trump.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Guys I have been in email contact with both the OP and Tucker and they are working it all out. Again he's a very nice guy and so is the gentleman from Tucker. It's going to take a few more days but we'll hear the "rest of the story" and I believe the ending will be fine for all involved.

Just my $.02, but an apology to the members here might be nice. For the abuse he spewed at us when called out for his ranting.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member