Tucker Gun Leather - Houston, TX - NO WAY

13»

Replies

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,468 Senior Member
    Did they tell you 20+ weeks, or did they tell you 12 weeks, and not communicate, and still not have them ready at 23 weeks. If they told him 20+ from the get go then piss on him, but that isn't how it happened here is it. This is 100% on Tucker. The OP is in the right all the way. What Tucker did was bad business. If they make it right then good on them, but he has every right, and a duty, to warn gun owners of bad businesses.

No they didn't. I called High Noon and they said they were backed up........
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,262 Senior Member
    I ordered a complete custom rig for cowboy shooting from a one man operation who is very popular and busy. He told me when it would be done and it was. A companies word means a lot to most people. Not communicating with him for months is unforgivable IMO.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    Just my $.02, but an apology to the members here might be nice. For the abuse he spewed at us when called out for his ranting.

:group:

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,019 Senior Member
    Completely disagree with this. I own a business, and my word is my business. If the company could not keep up with orders, they should have turned down orders until they caught up. I turn down work all the time, because I know I will not be able to handle the additional work, and keep up with current work. They owe him, and everyone else they screwed, a free holster, or a refund. Waiting well over twice the agreed upon time was more than patient on the OPs part. I hope the company does make it right with him, and the rest of their customers. I wouldn't purchase a thing from them if they don't. If they do, I might do business with them in the future. It is OK to make a mistake if you make it right.

I find it funny all the people crawling down the OP's throat, while they bitch when their palmetto order is delayed two days.

Hypocrite much. I think so.

Opinions vary. A holster & a refund? Either/or...not both, IMO.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,355 Senior Member
    Completely disagree with this. I own a business, and my word is my business. If the company could not keep up with orders, they should have turned down orders until they caught up. I turn down work all the time, because I know I will not be able to handle the additional work, and keep up with current work. They owe him, and everyone else they screwed, a free holster, or a refund. Waiting well over twice the agreed upon time was more than patient on the OPs part. I hope the company does make it right with him, and the rest of their customers. I wouldn't purchase a thing from them if they don't. If they do, I might do business with them in the future. It is OK to make a mistake if you make it right.

I find it funny all the people crawling down the OP's throat, while they bitch when their palmetto order is delayed two days.

Hypocrite much. I think so.

coolgunguy wrote: »
    I never had a problem with the guy being upset. Frankly, I would have been upset too... what I had a problem with is his inability to understand that, absent any sort of history between each other, a different approach (something other than bitch, piss and moan) is required. I don't walk down to the end of the block, pick a random house and start complaining to the inhabitants about my bad day at work... even though I've been a 'member of the community' for far longer the past two years.

I'll stand by my posts. As I said, the guy had a legitimate grievance, his method was what I had issues with.

Edited to add: Kudos to Tucker for working to make things right and to Wambli for facilitating this. It's too bad that it took this to make it happen, but sometimes folks have to do things the hard way.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,553 Senior Member
    I look at this way:

The OP had a legitimate gripe, if taken at face value. The business failed, due to the demand for their product, to take care of a paying customer. The OP got lucky and came to the right place to find an intermediary to repair the damage to the customer/client relationship. The OP will now be made whole, the business will re-double its efforts to avoid such problems in the future, and everybody can feel better about everything, if the spectators can find it within their hearts to forgive the OP for being a little bit whiny to perfect strangers. :beer:
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,355 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    I look at this way:

The OP had a legitimate gripe, if taken at face value. The business failed, due to the demand for their product, to take care of a paying customer. The OP got lucky and came to the right place to find an intermediary to repair the damage to the customer/client relationship. The OP will now be made whole, the business will re-double its efforts to avoid such problems in the future, and everybody can feel better about everything, if the spectators can find it within their hearts to forgive the OP for being a little bit whiny to perfect strangers. :beer:

Yes he does. A delivery time that is double what is promised is something to be avoided if at all possible, and, apologized for, compensated for, etc. when avoidance has failed. I still have an issue with someone who goes straight to name calling when folks disagree with him. I'm sure it was post #7 that set him off, but he included "to all who criticize me". Other than the post I mentioned, the other six posts before he blew up were either neutral or actually supportive.

My point still stands; If I pick a random house in my city, open the door and walk in to complain about ANYTHING without so much as introducing myself, nobody in that house is going to care if my gripe is legitimate or that I've lived in this city for more than two decades. All they will care about is they have no idea who I am, or why I am complaining to them.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,553 Senior Member
    "Sticks and stones..." etc.

There is a learning curve to saying what you want to say without over-reacting to somebody when they are shouting at you. Jason has a high-stress job and this has been a very bad week for people out there on the 'blue line.' The guy reacted to the oversize text as someone shouting at him. It would be no big deal from a regular poster, and it's just not a deal-breaker for me. Of course, I have a soft place in my heart for aircraft mechanics. :tooth:
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,816 Senior Member
    The company sounds like they are trying to do the right thing. Sometimes getting swamped with orders and answering the phone/emails can take a hit at both ends. Patience when dealing with any vendor is the better approach. Patience and a calm attitude seem to be lacking nowadays.

Speaking of patience, I had to wait over 30 years to get a .25 ACP rifle, and had to build it myself! But I'm a patient kind of guy. :tooth:
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• Uncle FesterUncle Fester Senior Member Posts: 1,048 Senior Member
    I sent my new Ruger to this guy http://www.ct-precision.com for a few modifications/improvements. He promised to have it back in 45 days. By my count, he owes me many days!!!

Due to his failure to return it late, I now have a rifle with a crazy good trigger waiting to be shot -> the new stock has not arrived! �� I might just have to mount that bad boy in an "take off" stock I have laying around and head to the range.
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,788 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    The company sounds like they are trying to do the right thing. Sometimes getting swamped with orders and answering the phone/emails can take a hit at both ends. Patience when dealing with any vendor is the better approach. Patience and a calm attitude seem to be lacking nowadays.

Speaking of patience, I had to wait over 30 years to get a .25 ACP rifle, and had to build it myself! But I'm a patient kind of guy. :tooth:

I understand the rifle does not group well.... :jester: Might be the gun, might be the 'smith, might be the nut behind the trigger, or ammo....

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
13»