7-Eleven clerk caught on video disarming shotgun-wielding would-be robber

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,966 Senior Member
    Gutsy; but, there were several moments where he could have been shot.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,274 Senior Member
    Stupid. It's only money and probably not his.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,851 Senior Member
    No way!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,095 Senior Member
    Fight crime. Carry and shoot back early and often.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Police said later the shotgun was unloaded, but I don't see how the clerk knew that before he grabbed it. Glad the clerk is OK and the dirtball got arrested.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,539 Senior Member
    That was STUPID!!!!
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,851 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Fight crime. Carry and shoot back early and often.

I agree, if you gonna fight back do it safely and accurately. Blow is ca-ca away and show him that crime don't pay!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,657 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Stupid move by the clerk, really. But I think if I was the bystander, I would have knocked Leroy the out.

Exactly. While struggling with the gun or running away those guys could have cold cocked him or even better picked up any number of things and smashed his head in.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    cpj wrote: »
    Stupid move by the clerk, really. But I think if I was the bystander, I would have knocked Leroy the out.

The smart thing for a bystander to do in a situation like that would be to run like hell and get out of there.
    Jerry

• FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,679 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    Gutsy; but, there were several moments where he could have been shot.

I looked to me like the muzzle was pointed at his midsection most of the time that he was tugging at it. The clerk was really lucky, and really foolish.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    The action didn't look open to me and I duuno if he had pulled the trigger earlier or when the struggle was going on and nothing happened...........don't think the clerk could see the safety either, I wouldn't trust what I thought it might to find out if it was on safe or fire.

Clerk is lucky, indeed.
    I think 7-11s like most other Stop n Robs have them safes where they put bills they don't have a key or combo to so whatever his take would have been wouldn't have been much, I dunno.
    Big Chief wrote: »
    I think 7-11s like most other Stop n Robs have them safes where they put bills they don't have a key or combo to so whatever his take would have been wouldn't have been much, I dunno.

I think that 7-11 also has a store policy that if a clerk tries to stop an armed robbery, they're fired. As I recall, there was a case several years ago in which a 7-11 clerk stopped an armed robbery and was fired.
    Jerry

• DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    I think that 7-11 also has a store policy that if a clerk tries to stop an armed robbery, they're fired. As I recall, there was a case several years ago in which a 7-11 clerk stopped an armed robbery and was fired.

I wonder if they fire folks posthumously ???
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996