Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

GOP Convention

Diver43Diver43 Senior MemberPosts: 11,390 Senior Member
Kind of surprised this hasnt come up yet. Nope, did not watch it myself, but it was all over the news. And they broadcast Melania's speach.
In my mind the Republican Party is splitting between new thoughts and the old white guy attitude. If they dont stop the split, a criminal will be back in the Whitehouse
Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I think by the end of the week most will be on board and unify behind Trump and the REP party's new platform. They would have had to make some changes to survive even if it wasn't Trump in this day and age.

Some pretty good speakers last night with powerful messages.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,132 Senior Member
    All I know was that I was asked to do an estimate in Cleveland this week. I laughed at them and declined.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,390 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    All I know was that I was asked to do an estimate in Cleveland this week. I laughed at them and declined.

I do not think anyone would blame you for that. According to the news, things were pretty quiet though, some protests and such, but nothing crazy.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    I hope it stays this quite for the rest of the week outside.

I wonder if the Dem Convention next week will be much worse????

I know the horse hockey spewed inside will be, I mean demonstrators.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,208 Senior Member
    My thoughts on both the republican convention and democrat convention is that they are very expensive pep rallies. There's lots of preaching to the choir and rallying the troops. Each candidate gets a temporary bump in the polls immediately following their respective conventions, and then the real campaign starts.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,203 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    They would have had to make some changes to survive even if it wasn't Trump in this day and age.
    Very true - but they wouldn't be even thinking about making changes if it weren't for Trump. This is their last best opportunity to remove their melons from their collective posterior.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    Very true - but they wouldn't be even thinking about making changes if it weren't for Trump. This is their last best opportunity to remove their melons from their collective posterior.

Very true my friend, very true. I just saw actor Stephen Baldwin on Fox. He's at the Convention. They ask him why he and his brothers are so different in their politics. He said his brothers are great actors and have a lot of intelligence, but he guesses he is up for "Most Common Sense!"

:rotflmao::roll2::rotflmao::roll2::rotflmao::roll2::rotflmao::roll2::rotflmao:

No wait! I got my mind right. That WAS Stephen I was talking about. He's the religious one and conservative also. I don't know what happen to the Libtard side of their family. Alec is so far left he's goofy. He's as nutty as a pet **** in a peach orchard.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Adam Baldwin bucks the trend of Hollywood pretty hard and is a conservative person. Actually I think he's a bit right of Stephen.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    Well, Trump is way over the top as expected, some drama with Alaska.
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    Well if Trump wins, we will the first non american born first lady since John Adams wife. And by far the hottest ever.

I don't think I stand seeing hlidabeasts mug for 4 more yrs.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,541 Senior Member
    BAMAAK wrote: »
    Well if Trump wins, we will the first non american born first lady since John Adams wife. And by far the hottest ever.
    Second of the two reasons to hope he wins. Like a consolation prize.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
    BAMAAK wrote: »

I don't think I stand seeing hlidabeasts mug for 4 more yrs.

You mean you don't want to see the Hildebeest behind bars in her prison orange jumpsuit on webcam? That would be fun to watch! :tooth:

I can see and hear her screeching, "I'm innocent, I tell ya! I was framed!" :roll2:
    ― Douglas Adams
    If Pantsuit were to win (I think she will not) would she have to put chaperones on Bubba to keep him away from the interns and female visitors to the WH? Or just ban him altogether.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    She would probably be too busy playing bedroom bingo with Huma to notice what Billy Boy was doing!
    Jerry
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    Kind of surprised this hasnt come up yet. Nope, did not watch it myself, but it was all over the news. And they broadcast Melania's speach.
    In my mind the Republican Party is splitting between new thoughts and the old white guy attitude. If they dont stop the split, a criminal will be back in the Whitehouse
    As far as Melania's speech. So what. Moochelle should be flattered. Many political speeches contain similar content and rhetoric. Plagiarism? I don't think it is copyrighted material. The dems seem to be grasping at any straws they can. Which is a good thing. I didn't know Melania was Slovenian. It's a nice little country with nice people and reminded me of Austria or Switzerland.
    I think they forgot how old uncle joe got through college.

Anyone know if Trey Gowdy is going to speak?

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,270 Senior Member
    Diver43 wrote: »
    I do not think anyone would blame you for that. According to the news, things were pretty quiet though, some protests and such, but nothing crazy.

Wonder why?

https://scontent.fhsv1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13700058_10153822975091482_3937704894696257261_n.jpg?oh=f3867154bf3234b50f801836113c9d04&oe=57F2F51A

maxresdefault-4.jpg
    1bikers.jpgtrump-bikers-8.jpg?w=649&h=487
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    I read that there were a couple of arrests today. A small group of BLM people, some KKK in their pointy hats and sheets, and that Westboro Baptist church group somehow came under each others gravity wells and got into a name calling match, and started throwing urine from bottles on each other. It was almost an honest to goodness pissin' contest! :rotflmao: The cops arrested a couple of them and dispersed the rest.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,132 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio wrote: »
    Wonder why?

maxresdefault-4.jpg
    1bikers.jpgtrump-bikers-8.jpg?w=649&h=487
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
    Donald Jr was great, better than his father in some ways tonight!

Fat Boy prosecuted the Witch pretty darn good on the stage GUILTY!
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,203 Senior Member
    sgtrock21 wrote: »
    As far as Melania's speech. So what. Moochelle should be flattered. Many political speeches contain similar content and rhetoric. Plagiarism? I don't think it is copyrighted material. The dems seem to be grasping at any straws they can. Which is a good thing. I didn't know Melania was Slovenian. It's a nice little country with nice people and reminded me of Austria or Switzerland.

One of my Liberal friends was going on about this. I said "Well, if that is indeed the case, then I hope the Republicans can distance themselves from it. We've had enough of that malarkey!". She changed the subject pretty quick!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,080 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Adam Baldwin bucks the trend of Hollywood pretty hard and is a conservative person. Actually I think he's a bit right of Stephen.

Adam is not a brother of Stephen or the rest of that clan. Same last name, different parents. Animal Mother.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    My thoughts on both the republican convention and democrat convention is that they are very expensive pep rallies. Tuhere's lots of preaching to the choir and rallying the troops. Each candidate gets a temporary bump in the polls immediately following their respective conventions, and then the real campaign starts.[/QUOTE

But, in my opinion, a very much needed pep rally in the Republican's case.

I listened to NJ Fats, Chris Christi tonight. I have to say, he forever laid out a fantastic speech. He burned Hillary's bunns off. He laid out why we can't allow Hillary to get elected from every direction and for every reason. I never really heard Christi Speak before like that. He has a definite talent for inspiring people and I do think he would make a great Attorney General. He can be quite an attack dog for sure. And he is NO DUMB ****

One more thing about this convention. Doc Carson made a great speech too. I love what he said about Political Correctness, actually about every point he made he knocked it out of the park. I believe anyone of the Republican Candidates would have made a good or great president. And I think Trump is turning out to be the best of the best of them.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Donald Jr was great, better than his father in some ways tonight!

Fat Boy prosecuted the Witch pretty darn good on the stage GUILTY!

I tell ya Chief, I don't know what the bitch is about Fat Boy. I want him on my side. He's got a lot bigger balls than Obummer ever dreamed of. And he ain't exactly a dumb ass. He may not have always been a Ronald Reagan Clone, but he's getting there. I think he's gonna play a leading roll in Trumps administration.

Also, another tid bit I'll leave here for those that didn't know. Donald Jr. is a Hunter. He goes on a regular yearly African hunt. I think I like both those boys, Jr. and Eric. The youngest boy is too little to tell yet, but the older kids seem like good folks. Just because they were born with a silver spoon in their mouths doesn't mean they have to be jerks.
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    sgtrock21 wrote: »

A couple of examples:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqutz5ASDSA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgctsioisJg
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
    Yep hypocrites............now they were trying to say JRs speech was plagiarized too, well some of it was because his speech writer (Buckley) was the one who wrote some of it first in one of his columns!
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    The Republican Convention, for the first time, is performing the same function that the Democrat Convention has been struggling with for decades - they have to try to convince the rank and file to get out and vote for a candidate that they don't like. They should have done the same with John McCain and Mitt Romney, but they didn't, and lost, as a result. Maybe the third time's a charm. Time will tell.

The fact that they are united in attacking the Democrat candidate with the same vitriol that they have been receiving from them, for years, and that they have a candidate who will stoop to nasty attacks may make the difference. The ammo for these kinds of attacks has always been there, but their candidates weren't willing to use it, because they failed to recognize that the public would accept it. Definitely not the case, this time around. This is the battle of the nasty bastards, and the most vicious will likely carry the day.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Our Republican candidates have been Caspar Milquetoast clones for years, and they have routinely been cannon fodder for the dummycrap crooks for all that time. It's high time we field a Rottweiler instead of a Yorkie!
    Jerry