Good news for Florida CCW holders

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,978 Senior Member
Effective 1 July 2016 the price for a 7 year CCW permit renewal fee dropped $10 from $60 down to $50

More good news, effective same date is new legislation no longer requiring you to sign the renewal application in front of a Notary Public and pay for that.

So a new Passport photo I got at Walmart, a check for $50 bucks and the signed form is all I needed to renew. And, of course, be and remain to be a law abiding citizen :guns: :guns:

In the mail.
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Effective 1 July 2016 the price for a 7 year CCW permit renewal fee dropped $10 from $60 down to $50

More good news, effective same date is new legislation no longer requiring you to sign the renewal application in front of a Notary Public and pay for that.

So a new Passport photo I got at Walmart, a check for $50 bucks and the signed form is all I needed to renew. And, of course, be and remain to be a law abiding citizen :guns: :guns:

In the mail.

Wow! 7 years, that's great. Texas is 4 years the first time, then 5 on the renewal. But the good thing is it doesn't cost me much for renewal now since I'm a Senior, I think about $30.00, and no more having to go to class and take a test or requalify at the range. And if I did, I wouldn't care, I need the practice. This is all true as long as I don't let my CHL expire again.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »

So a new Passport photo I got at Walmart, a check for $50 bucks and the signed form is all I needed to renew.
    And, of course, be and remain to be a law abiding citizen :guns: :guns:

In the mail.

You have to send yourself by Mail ??? Seriously ???

That sounds a bit uncomfortable and somewhat difficult !!!!!

:jester:

:spittingcoffee: :rotflmao:
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,378 Senior Member
    I've been debating whether or not to get a FL CHL. My Texas one will be valid long after I leave this state...
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "It's far easier to start out learning to be precise and then speeding up, than it is having never "mastered" the weapon, and trying to be precise." - Dan C
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,489 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    My FL CCL is good through 2020. I'm good.

Mine too, 2020, my Colorado CCL is good until 2019.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,540 Senior Member
    I just renewed mine in April so I'm good until 2023.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,549 Senior Member
    I just renewed mine, online, good for 5 years from my birthday, which isn't till November.
  • avmechavmech Senior Member Posts: 858 Senior Member
    Chief, I renewed mine earlier this year, wife's is coming due soon. Did mine at the Dep of Agriculture office in West Palm Beach. In and out under 10 minutes with license in hand. All I needed was the check and the unfilled renewal form. They filled it out, took the pic, and issued the new license. Too easy, no waiting.
    NRA Benefactor Member
  • Jack BurtonJack Burton Member Posts: 379 Member
    Did mine at the DMV in December. Only 4 people in the waiting room when I arrived, at least 25-30 were in the waiting room upon my leaving. The guy running the office says 70 to 100 per day was the norm.
    Came for the fishing, stayed for the guns.