Warning, graphic video: Fatal shooting on city bus

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,978 Senior Member
http://video.foxnews.com/v/5041079038001/warning-graphic-video-fatal-shooting-on-city-bus/?#sp=show-clips

Local news..........reader comments are interesting at bottom

"Wimmens shouldn't be Police. Meter maids, maybe." :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

There was a female police officer in Lawton OK/Fort Sill in the 80s that busted more GI haids off post in bars with a big nightstick than any of the male cops..............:yikes: :yikes:

http://www.koco.com/news/court-documents-man-killed-in-city-bus-shooting-called-police-the-devil/40783806
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    I lived in Lawton/Ft. Sill in the 80s. Lawton is a dump, sorry you had to experience it Chief.
    It's because I hate Trump.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,978 Senior Member
    Lee Blvd and out toward Cache had some "Joints" you always should keep yer back to the wall in.

On post wasn't so bad, White Wolf Crossing /little zoo and fishin. Wildlife refuge was OK, but man it was still a long way from home.

Rogers lane..........one tire shop said on a sign they guaranteed front end alignments unless you drove on Rogers Lane.

We tried to make the best of the two times I was stationed there.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    My Parents are still in Lawton. I have not been back to OK for almost 10 years.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,736 Senior Member
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Female officer showed very poor gun handling and retention skills...

If she fights like she was trained, then she was trained poorly. Extending both arms like that is fine for the range, but it's a good way to get in a bad situation if the person you're pointing the pistol at is within arms reach of the pistol. She's lucky she wasn't shot with her own pistol, and that another officer was there to take care of the threat.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,802 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Lee Blvd and out toward Cache had some "Joints" you always should keep yer back to the wall in.

On post wasn't so bad, White Wolf Crossing /little zoo and fishin. Wildlife refuge was OK, but man it was still a long way from home.

Rogers lane..........one tire shop said on a sign they guaranteed front end alignments unless you drove on Rogers Lane.

We tried to make the best of the two times I was stationed there.

My youngest son went to boot camp there and was stationed there for two years until he got transferred to airborne and went to jump school at Benning. He just had to get into airborne with his counsins my nephews, but he didn't know when he had it so good. Two weeks after he graduated from Airborne school in February, 2008, he was on his way to Iraq. Now he's airborne artillary and went back to Iraq in 2009. Now he's at Fort Richardson in Anchorage AK.

Two years ago, when I went on that Nilgai hunt, there were three brothers along. They were brother in laws of the guy that headed up the hunt. Two of those brothers were retired Military and both Lt. Col. s and both lived in Lawton.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,551 Senior Member
    I'll give the gal credit for having the guts to charge in, but she screwed it up, for sure. A more deliberate approach, by a better fighter, might have prevented shots from being fired, but there was no sure way to know if the crazy guy was armed. The officer who saved her bacon probably did the only thing he could do.
    cpj wrote: »
    Thankfully my in laws moved away from OK. They did move closer though. Double edged sword I guess. At least it's a shorter trip. And it's not OK.

Anything is better than going back to OK. I lived there for ten years If I never get back I will be happy. I used to tell my wife you could see the state line. The grass is dead, and all the fields have oil pumps sitting idle. She always thought I was kidding, until we went back for Christmas one year. When we crossed from Missouri into OK she was like, "you were telling the truth".