Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Hilary's plans for Law Enforcement.............

orchidmanorchidman Senior MemberPosts: 8,192 Senior Member
https://nz.finance.yahoo.com/news/clinton-plan-handcuff-cops-solve-084500640.html

I started laughing when I read this paragraph...............

A 150-page Collaborative Reform Initiative report assessing the use of deadly force in the Philadelphia Police Department lays out strict guidelines for, among other things, using firearms to destroy injured deer (unless they are presenting a threat to a police officer). If the deer’s injuries appear fatal, the police are advised to call in a SWAT team which can resolve the encounter with “one shot between the eyes” and is then required to fill out a “preformatted memorandum.” Seriously.

Just what kind of deer do you have over there............that would require a SWAT team to put down?
Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....

Replies

• QuinianQuinian Senior Member Posts: 707 Senior Member
    lol what? Had a couple hurt deer out here last year blocking the road on a bridge right after a steep hill with a curve, dispatch said too bad deputies are busy, I call fwp, warden says "you have a gun? cool, shoot them and drag em off the side of the road", I call sheriff again and relay FWP instructions and she says "no no no a deputy will be there shortly". Not real sure what he did about it I just turned around once he got there, but I'm sure it didn't involve swat
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    It Takes Village Idiots like her to come up with that.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,208 Senior Member
    Meanwhile, in Alabama, deputy Billy Bob turns to deputy Bobby Joe and says "hold my beer and watch this."
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,565 Senior Member
    Only reason SWAT would be a better option is that they might have a suppressor to keep the sound down.

OTOH, SWAT might be better shots and able to euthanize the deer in only one shot...
    Overkill is underrated.
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    Do they first have to use a megaphone to order the deer to kill itself, then taze it and then continue to see tangible evidence of non-compliance before they are legal to dispatch it and avoid public backlash? We're getting to that point, you know...
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • john9001john9001 Senior Member Posts: 668 Senior Member
    deer lives matter.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    OTOH, SWAT might be better shots and able to euthanize the deer in only one shot...

Yeah, a regular cop with a Glock could screw up the 'shot between the eyes.' Too close to one of the eyes might result in blindness and unnecessary suffering, in the nanosecond before death occurred.

Meanwhile, the same proponents of this see no problem with Planned Parenthood using a pair of scissors to kill a human.
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    What, no robot and c-4? Or is that strictly for the bucks?
    Support your local Scouts!
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    roadking wrote: »
    What, no robot and c-4? Or is that strictly for the bucks?

Only if they have already killed some of your buddies.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    Meanwhile, in Alabama, deputy Billy Bob turns to Uncle Daddy deputy Bobby Joe and says "hold my beer and watch this."

FIFY!
    Jerry
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,208 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    FIFY!
    Jerry

I once asked a woman from West "by God" Virginia if a man divorced his wife in WV, would they still be brother and sister. She told me yes, 'cause that's what Uncle Daddy told her.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Buncha sissies! Just straddle the deer's neck, whip out your assisted opening knife, grab the deer by the nose and lift, and slit the deer's throat behind the jawline. It ain't rocket surgery, and a knife is pretty silent.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    ...but bloody.

That's another issue folks need to think about: the visual. LEO I knew responded to an injured deer that needed to be put down. Problem was, there were a bunch of kiddos around. Gun was no good due to noise and the chance of making the eyes pop out. Knife was too much blood. So they herded the kids indoors and then ended the animal's misery.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 6,751 Senior Member
    Hey, Buck lives Matter!
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Yeah they do. And when I'm sitting in the deer blind waiting for one to stick his head out, I'm thinking, "I wonder how many of Y'all are out there waitin to give your life for my Freezer?
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,132 Senior Member
    Send Zee out with a tire iron.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
    ...but bloody.

That's another issue folks need to think about: the visual. LEO I knew responded to an injured deer that needed to be put down. Problem was, there were a bunch of kiddos around. Gun was no good due to noise and the chance of making the eyes pop out. Knife was too much blood. So they herded the kids indoors and then ended the animal's misery.

Well then, get a 32 oz. framing hammer, grab an ear, and whack Bambi/Bambette just above the eyes as hard as you can swing the hammer. No blood, just a loud crunch as the skull shatters and drives bone shards into the brain.

And why shield kids from death? That's psychologically cruel. Death and life are two sides of the same coin. I knew well before I started school where that chicken for Sunday dinner came from; helped pluck a few, too. And hog and steer butchering in the fall. Children are done a disservice, I think, by shielding them from too much. Good chance to explain that circle of life thing.

Anyway, that's how I grew up. And I'm only slightly off plumb! :tooth:
    ― Douglas Adams
    You also have to think about uniform standards.

Can't have blood on the uniform. Looks unprofessional.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,510 Senior Member
    "Preformatted memorandum"? More like a radio call "Attention all units, be advised: barbecue at Lt. Smith's residence at 17:00 hours"
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • pjames777pjames777 Senior Member Posts: 1,421 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    Yeah, a regular cop with a Glock could screw up the 'shot between the eyes.' Too close to one of the eyes might result in blindness and unnecessary suffering, in the nanosecond before death occurred.

Meanwhile, the same proponents of this see no problem with Planned Parenthood using a pair of scissors to kill a human.

Every time someone pushes gun control and complains about deaths by gun I simply ask if they are as outraged about the 50 million murdered unborn children since Roe v. Wade. Conversation generally ends regarding gun control.
    You also have to think about uniform standards.

Can't have blood on the uniform. Looks unprofessional.

Jumpin' Jehoshaphat! So use a plastic bag to wrap the deer's head before you whack it with the hammer! Use one of the big 55 gallon drum size bags so you can get the deer in the trunk of the cruiser for proper disposal at the barbecue grill.............er.............the cremation site! Also prevents blood in the cruiser trunk. :tooth:
    ― Douglas Adams
  • JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,954 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    Well then, get a 32 oz. framing hammer, grab an ear, and whack Bambi/Bambette just above the eyes as hard as you can swing the hammer. No blood, just a loud crunch as the skull shatters and drives bone shards into the brain.

And why shield kids from death? That's psychologically cruel. Death and life are two sides of the same coin. I knew well before I started school where that chicken for Sunday dinner came from; helped pluck a few, too. And hog and steer butchering in the fall. Children are done a disservice, I think, by shielding them from too much. Good chance to explain that circle of life thing.

I totally agree with you!!!

Luis
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,339 Senior Member

I had a buck run into the side of my International Scout and the only thing I had handy was a tomahawk...I grabbed an antler and got ready to take a swing when the deer woke up...he kicked my ass....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Jayhawker wrote: »
    I had a buck run into the side of my International Scout and the only thing I had handy was a tomahawk...I grabbed an antler and got ready to take a swing when the deer woke up...he kicked my ass....

I guess you and that deer weren't dear friends after that encounter :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :tooth:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

I see the problem; the deer was only temporarily addled since he ran into the side of the truck. Not enough delta V delta T to do any real damage. :tooth:
    ― Douglas Adams
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,101 Senior Member

According to Zee, you need to chase them first, tire them out, then tomahawk;)
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member

Me too! My much older Brother raised show rabbits. The culls went in the frying pan. As young as 4 I helped him dispatch them. He whacked them on the head with a club then I held their ears forward so he could saw off their heads with a butcher knife. The horror! The horror! Like you I'm only a couple bubbles off plumb but grew up knowing the difference between reality and fantasy.

Me too! My much older Brother raised show rabbits. The culls went in the frying pan. As young as 4 I helped him dispatch them. He whacked them on the head with a club then I held their ears forward so he could saw off their heads with a butcher knife. The horror! The horror! Like you I'm only a couple bubbles off plumb but grew up knowing the difference between reality and fantasy.
    JerryBobCo wrote: »
    I once asked a woman from West "by God" Virginia if a man divorced his wife in WV, would they still be brother and sister. She told me yes, 'cause that's what Uncle Daddy told her.
    I once saw a magazine ad for a West Virginia contest. The prize was an all expense paid wedding. Of course my question was: Are the bride and groom required to be siblings or can first cousins enter the contest? I have a best buddy from West Virginia who enjoys these jokes so I don't feel guilty.
    I am unable to delete the duplicate post. My original post failed so I tried again resulting in the duplicate.