2-year powder backorder finally closed out

Six-GunSix-Gun Senior MemberPosts: 6,862 Senior Member
The title says it all. Two years, to the month, after placing an order for an 8-lb. jug each of Ramshot Big Game and Ramshot Hunter, Graf's is finally able to ship my backorder. This delay was caused by an ugly combination of panic buying and the worst possible timing for Western Powders' (the parent company of Ramshot) European plant to spontaneously detonate.

Compounding the problem was the fact that when they finally got the plant rebuilt and running, the first shipment arrived stateside out of safe spec and had to be tossed! Talk about a conspiracy to make folks REALLY have to ration their stashes. I was down to my last pound of Hunter and not practicing at all with handloads using it. A couple rounds to check zero was it before my last Montana hunt. At any rate, the world is almost round again, and the finally backorders for anyone needing Ramshot options should be filled in the near future.
Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.

Replies

• bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,289 Senior Member
    Good staying power!
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 6,862 Senior Member
    Thanks. That should be it for backorders. Ramshot had become my go-to brand for several different guns. Nothing worse than making your hunting recipes arouund it to then have it fall off the face of the Earth.
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,289 Senior Member
    I've had great luck with Ramshot powders. Blast away!
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 6,862 Senior Member
    Same here. I have had better luck with their stuff over any other spherical powder.

Magnum is the last Ramshot powder I need to stock up on. I got a courtesy call from Western Powders telling me that all of the powders would be back on the shelves just before Graf's called to tell me the backorder was filled. It sounds like Magnum will be on the shelves in short order. Good news for anyone using their stuff.