Prayers needed

MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior MemberPosts: 4,768 Senior Member
Hey guys.

So, i haven't really talked about this much, what's been going on recently, but here it goes.

Many of you know my brother Steve. He was a part of these boards for many years, in fact he's the one that got me to join when it was Outdoors Best.

I can't at this moment get into all the details as I'm having a hard enough time holding my together. But many of you know he was an alcoholic. It became worse, much worse, the last 6 months or so. He went to ICU few weeks ago in bad shape, real bad. Today he went in for a follow up and was admitted to ICU again. Renal and liver failure. He's likely not got much time left, we'll hear the details tomorrow, but I'm imagining we are going to be making hospice arrangements if he can't be put on dialysis. The ends for certain, and not far, but I'm hoping it's not hours or days.

So, we could use a few good thoughts sent out west. It would have to be a miracle to really turn the course, but itd be great to maybe see him to his birthday coming up.

Just wanted to let everyone know what's going on with him. I'll update ya'll as i hear it
Wambli Ska wrote: »
Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.

Replies

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,661 Senior Member
    Sorry to hear this.:angel2::angel2::angel2:
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • BuffcoBuffco Senior Member Posts: 6,244 Senior Member
    Sorry to hear about Steve. Hoping for recovery, but if not, I pray for peace and comfort. For him and your family.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,604 Senior Member
    :angel::angel2::angel:

You got it, bro.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,669 Senior Member
    Yup, positive thoughts and energy headed your way for you and yours
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    For your brother and you and your family :angel2: :angel2:

Mrs Chief passed from ESLD/Hepatocellular Carcinoma/Cirrhosis complications and didn't even drink. It is a tough thing for them to go through and watch.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,106 Senior Member
    I hate to hear this. I remember him from the older forum iterations. Prayers for him, you, and the family. :angel2:
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,930 Senior Member
    Just Prayed Steve turns a corner
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,768 Senior Member
    Just got a call from the Dr, he's vomiting blood again but they didn't say we need to come right away. I'll be going 7am mountain time tomorrow (icu visiting hours) I'll update everyone when we know what's up. If you're going to pray, please pray to get him through the night. I'll update soon
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,855 Senior Member
    Hey guys.

So, i haven't really talked about this much, what's been going on recently, but here it goes.

Many of you know my brother Steve. He was a part of these boards for many years, in fact he's the one that got me to join when it was Outdoors Best.

I can't at this moment get into all the details as I'm having a hard enough time holding my together. But many of you know he was an alcoholic. It became worse, much worse, the last 6 months or so. He went to ICU few weeks ago in bad shape, real bad. Today he went in for a follow up and was admitted to ICU again. Renal and liver failure. He's likely not got much time left, we'll hear the details tomorrow, but I'm imagining we are going to be making hospice arrangements if he can't be put on dialysis. The ends for certain, and not far, but I'm hoping it's not hours or days.

So, we could use a few good thoughts sent out west. It would have to be a miracle to really turn the course, but itd be great to maybe see him to his birthdt hasay coming up.

Just wanted to let everyone know what's going on with him. I'll update ya'll as i hear it

Oh Brother, I was afraid of something like that. Alcohol has hurt a lot of people and ruined a lot of lives. It has hurt me and my family.

Here are some prayers:

:angel2::angel2::angel2::angel2::angel2::angel2::angel2::angel2::angel2::angel2::angel2::angel2::angel2::angel2:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,272 Senior Member
    Steve is a good guy with a bad disease and I pray he survives this and is able to turn things around. Sitting vigil with my dad on hospice right now as well so I know what your going through. What hospital is Steve in?

Sako
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,386 Senior Member
    Prayers from us for your brother you and family. :angel2::angel2::angel2:
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,045 Senior Member
    Buffco wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about Steve. Hoping for recovery, but if not, I pray for peace and comfort. For him and your family.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

This!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,425 Senior Member
    Knee mail outbound- - - - -as I'm sure you know, relapses even after years of sobriety make the disease resume as if there had been no break at all in the addictive behavior. Prayers for his comfort, and for your peace.
    :angel2::angel2::angel2:
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,350 Senior Member
    Prayers sent, Dan. Call whenever you want if you need to talk.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
    sakodude wrote: »
    Steve is a good guy with a bad disease and I pray he survives this and is able to turn things around. Sitting vigil with my dad on hospice right now as well so I know what your going through. What hospital is Steve in?

Sako

The st Anthony up by cabelas
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,052 Senior Member
    Sorry to hear this news! Prayers sent for you brother, you, and family!
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,850 Senior Member
    Prayers for you, Steve and your family.

For those of you that have forgotten, his name on here was "HowaHunter"
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,522 Senior Member
    :angel2: on the way :angel2:

St. Anthony's is a great hospital, he's in good hands.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,618 Senior Member
    I wish you all well. Sorry to hear of the troubles.

CopyofIMG_0244.jpg
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,729 Senior Member
    Prayers out.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,458 Senior Member
    I'm sorry to hear about this, you have my prayers.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • calebibcalebib Senior Member Posts: 1,701 Senior Member
    Sorry to hear about Steve's condition but he's been battling the bottle for a loooong time. I hope he finds some peace soon. Best of luck to you both. Gimme a call some time, you still need to come up and see the shop.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,556 Senior Member
    Prayers sent, Dan.

I remember meeting Steve out on the eastern plains of Colorado. Please tell him I'm in his corner.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    Thank you everyone, from all of my family.

I told him today everyone here was praying and pulling for him, he was very happy about that.

We will know more this afternoon when the kidney doctor has seen him again. I'll let everyone know what we hear.
    Zee wrote: »
    I wish you all well. Sorry to hear of the troubles.

CopyofIMG_0244.jpg

Lol thanks, i needed a chuckle. That was a fun night. Good to see him happy and smiling.
  • FlashoverFlashover Member Posts: 389 Member
    :angel2::angel2::angel2:
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,103 Senior Member
    Sorry to hear about that. Praying.

Steve was also 5280ShooterII.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • Elk creekElk creek Senior Member Posts: 5,751 Senior Member
    :angel2:
    Aim higher, or get a bigger gun.
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    My very best for you both.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,058 Senior Member
    Prayers out to all of you....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"