What is your most reliable and accurate pistol and why?

124»

Replies

• temmitemmi Member Posts: 230 Member
    BPsniper wrote: »
    Man, I wish the 220 fit my hand. I really like that gun.

Oddly enough, I feel the same about the H&K USP.

I have one and really like it but the grip is just too darn wide.

T
  • 5280 shooter II5280 shooter II Senior Member Posts: 3,923 Senior Member
    Someone must've hammered and deleted the other guy......zombie threads do sometimes have innocent restarts if someone does an archive search.....unless the other guy brought it back to life and Cluznar was the first responder....that's probably more likely, yeah?
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,987 Senior Member
    If we do not want old threads brought back up by new guys that are trying to fit in
    and post to threads that interest them, then the forum software should lock the thread
    after a determined time, such as 30 days or so.

Heaven forbid a new guy to start a new thread of an old existing subject.
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
    Good thought Ned, however, put yourself in a new guy's shoes. The old-hats might say "not THIS again!"....but part of getting older and parental experience has taught us how to deal with that that age old question that perplexes all of us.....the 5 yr old's inquisite yearning question...."why!?" Because I said so.... "why!?" That's how it's done....."why!?"

See what I mean. Maybe I'm generous and liberal, and give everyone the benefit of the doubt....it's my nature as an NCO.....once, it's on me.....twice, it's on you...third time.....start doing push-ups until I get tired!
    God show's mercy on drunks and dumb animals.........two outa three ain't a bad score!
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    I don't care one way or another, if it is a re-hashed thread, don't open it, even a Non com poop knows that. :jester:
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
    Idiocy is inherent by professional requirement to keep trying to correct a failing situation....non com poop is right Doc! >^I^^.....:tooth:
  • Grizz1219Grizz1219 Member Posts: 424 Member
    Glock 30 45ACP
  • dlistellodlistello New Member Posts: 4 New Member
    Wilson Combat Lightweight Professional- about 4500 rounds without failure and more accurate than I will ever be. A not distant 2nd would be G30 for same reasons, less rounds overall and not quite as accurate but pretty darned good at a much lower price point.
  • bruchibruchi Senior Member Posts: 2,582 Senior Member
    Anything made by HK, it is what Jack Bauer uses, then the Walther PPK is great too, it is James Bond's gun!

Now get some action hero to carry an HK P7 and we are talking.
    If this post is non welcomed, I can always give you a recipe for making "tostones".
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,599 Senior Member
    bruchi wrote: »
    Anything made by HK, it is what Jack Bauer uses, then the Walther PPK is great too, it is James Bond's gun!

Now get some action hero to carry an HK P7 and we are talking.

Speaking of Bond, you guys see the commercial for Skyfall. He has a "Walker PPK in 9mm short with a lock built in the grip coded to his palm print, so only he can fire it"

Wife gets mad cause I roll my eyes every time that stupid commercial is on.....
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • snake284-1snake284-1 Senior Member Posts: 2,500 Senior Member
    Since Revolvers aren't included, which takes my S&W Model 586 out of the game, I'll have t go with my Stainless Springfield Armory 1911-A1 45 ACP. I shoot it better than my other two Semi Autos. it just fits me right on.
    I'm Just a Radical Right Wing Nutt Job, Trying to Help Save My Country!
  • aimtrueaimtrue New Member Posts: 2 New Member
    Glock 21.

5,723 rounds .45 230gr various types and brands through it without a SINGLE mechanical failure.

As accurate as any of my custom 1911's or revolvers.

Glock21andtarget.jpg
  • bansheebanshee Member Posts: 33 Member
    Remington XP-100 in .223. Shoots like a rifle.
  • DoctorWhoDoctorWho Senior Member Posts: 9,496 Senior Member
    That is because it is a rifle, a short barreled pistol gripped specialty rifle.
    "There is some evil in all of us, Doctor, even you, the Valeyard is an amalgamation of the darker sides of your nature, somewhere between your twelfth and final incarnation, and I may say, you do not improve with age. Founding member of the G&A forum since 1996
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    It seems Glock is the preferred pistol. My best shooter is a P89 Ruger, had it for years with out a malfunction. My Mark II heavy barrel Ruger drives tacks as they all do. My last 1911 was a Kimber CDP. Good shooter just was too light for me in 45 acp. The Colt Govmt. Model was heavier and felt better but it took so much to make it shoot well. When Glock first came out I bought one and it was the most accurate out of the box gun I'd ever owned. I had a functioning problem and sent it back to Glock twice and it still had an issue. The double action Ruger is now my favorite with no problems. I would like to try another Glock one day and see if it works for me. Getting off subject so score me a Ruger guy. :usa: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,664 Senior Member
    [h=2]What is your most reliable and accurate pistol and why[/h]All my handguns are reliable and accurate. Does anyone own one that is unreliable and inaccurate?
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • shootershooter Senior Member Posts: 1,186 Senior Member
    Buford wrote: »
    [h=2]What is your most reliable and accurate pistol and why[/h]All my handguns are reliable and accurate. Does anyone own one that is unreliable and inaccurate?

Yeah....

22short.jpg
    There's no such thing as having too much ammo, unless you're on fire or trying to swim!
  • GonzalezGonzalez New Member Posts: 5 New Member
    For me i think the most reliable firearm is Ruger P-89 9mm. As it always work well and up to task whenever the trigger. Otherwise for a mor reliable and accurate i will suggest Wilson Combat CQB, this is really something amazing may be little expensive, but i really love keeping it with me.
  • stepmacstepmac Member Posts: 172 Member
    By far my most reliable pistol that I own is an East German Makarov. Shoots pretty straight too, to date I have never had it fail to cycle or fire, not once. It never stove pipes and never fails to feed. In short this little shooter is reliable. It shoots pretty hard, about like a standard 9mm. It is a little blocky and heavy for its size and for conceiled carry it may not be the most comfortable, but when you want a gun that you can trust with your life, these little East German MAKS are just the ticket.

Sorry I don't have a picture of it. But you know what they look like don't you?

For most of my life, when I've carried a conceiled weapon, I carried a little Smith and Wesson model 36. Five 38 special shots. I bought it when they cost, $68 new. So it's been a while. It was stolen once and the FBI returned it to me! Took about a year.

A warning, be careful when you start cranking off rounds at someone. You just may have screwed the pooch. The perp's family will sue the dickens out of you even if the OP was holding the bloody dagger when you popped him, so BE CAREFUL.
  • caleocaleo New Member Posts: 4 New Member
    My favorit pistol is my Wilson Combat Elite Professional. It is extremely accurate and the only problem I have had with it was an out of tolerance reload that stuck upon being partially chambered. I must also add that I purchased a Sig Sauer P220 back in 1993 (and still own) and I strongly consider Sig to be one of the best firearms on the market. It was accurate and reliable out of the box and their customer service it top notch. I highly recommend either manufacturer. My least favorite is Kahr. My pistol is finicky and Kahrs customer service is horrible.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,195 Senior Member
    caleo wrote: »
    My favorit pistol is my Wilson Combat Elite Professional. It is extremely accurate and the only problem I have had with it was an out of tolerance reload that stuck upon being partially chambered. I must also add that I purchased a Sig Sauer P220 back in 1993 (and still own) and I strongly consider Sig to be one of the best firearms on the market. It was accurate and reliable out of the box and their customer service it top notch. I highly recommend either manufacturer. My least favorite is Kahr. My pistol is finicky and Kahrs customer service is horrible.

I see you have 4 posts on this forum, and all of them are bashing Kahr in some way. Is this your main purpose here?
    Overkill is underrated.