Home Main Category Clubhouse

Medals

Gene LGene L Senior MemberPosts: 12,759 Senior Member
Once here on this forum, we discussed legal cases of when I was a cop. I said I only lost one or two cases, IIRC. Someone who disbelieved this said with such a record, I should have received a medal.

Well, I did, after thinking about it. The one on top was given to me in 1987 when I retired from Athens PD. The one on bottom I got when I retired from OCSO.

P1010083_zpsmgxo5zwh.jpg
Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    That P-7 yer main squeeze?

Is the top a model 13 Nickel or 65 SS?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,759 Senior Member
    It's a SS Model 65. I've got a Model 19 nickel, though, 3". I don't shoot the P 7 much, but it's a very accurate pistol. I had a time finding a holster for it.
  • earlyearly Senior Member Thornton COPosts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Nice hardware. Never pictured you packin a P7.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,759 Senior Member
    I don't pack either one except every once in a while. I was issued the Model 65 but didn't shoot it much. It's almost certainly got less than 500 rounds through it, and all .38 Specials. I didn't carry it on duty, was toting a 1911.

The P 7 was a W German cop trade in, got the box with it and the extra magazine. The first round I ever put through it was for qualification for my former cop license, shot a 92 with it. The thing has a European mag release and I had a bit of a problem adjusting to that and to squeezing it after the reload.

A wonderfully accurate pistol. I'll never sell either one as they were gifts and I'm emotionally attached.