Heart Surgery part two.

tubabucknuttubabucknut BannedPosts: 3,520 Senior Member
We had our consult with the interventional Cardiologist on Wed. The Cath lab is a go. My daughter's surgery is scheduled for the 16th of Aug. If this goes well all she has to do is pass a sleep study, and she decanulates. If the cath procedure fails she will need full blown heart surgery. Cracked sternum, stopped heart, and all. That is some scary stuff I tell you what. Prayers as always are appreciated.
It's because I hate Trump.

Replies

• coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,503 Senior Member
    You've got it.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,768 Senior Member
    Sent
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,429 Senior Member
    Been there, in 1979. My daughter had an atrial-septal defect repaired out in San Francisco.
    :angel2:
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    Teach wrote: »
    Been there, in 1979. My daughter had an atrial-septal defect repaired out in San Francisco.
    Jerry

Thanks guys

Teach, that is exactly what we are having repaired.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,865 Senior Member
    Wow.

:angel::angel2::angel:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    :angel2: :angel2:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,576 Senior Member
    On the way, :angel2: :angel2:

Nothing affects me more than a sick or hurt child.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    I hope it goes well.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • FlashoverFlashover Member Posts: 390 Member
    Thoughts and prayers from my family to yours.
  • ilove22silove22s Senior Member Posts: 1,110 Senior Member
    dont know how your sisters health is to begin with but some comments.

also, best of luck for you and your family.

a really good friend of mine had i think 4 stints installed in his heart about 20 years ago.

last year he had to go under the knife and a quad by-pass. not bad for 20 years of service, but sometimes if you dont take care of yourself, life has a way to catching up and reminding you that things need to change. Anyway, he out and about within a month or so. Hand limited duty and was told not to lift anything more than 5 lbs and had his daughter drive him around.

but as i say, everyday you live, they are making improvements in many things health related. Id rather have to do it now than 20 or so years ago.

once i get back from my vac i will have my other eye done for cataract surgery. my other eye took more time for the prep than it did for the actual surgery. really fast now and fast healing since they do it all via needle.

again, best of luck to you and your family.
    The ears never lie.

- Don Burt
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,205 Senior Member
    Thoughts and prayers out to you and yours...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • bhl2506bhl2506 Senior Member Posts: 1,847 Senior Member
    :angel2::angel2: Prayers sent for your little girl!
    Refusing to conform to the left wing mantra of political correctness by insisting on telling the truth does not make you a loud mouth.
    Thanks for the thoughts and kind word gentlemen.
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,409 Senior Member
    :angel2::angel2: Prayers for Her and family from us.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 19,009 Senior Member
    With the advances in medicine, the procedure will probably be harder on you & your wife (waiting) than it will be on your daughter.

Prayers for you all :angel:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,081 Senior Member
    We will be praying for a successful cath procedure for sure. Prayers for comfort and strength for Mom and Dad as well!
    Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace.  ~ James Madison
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 11,029 Senior Member
    Still Praying for her, she has been on my daily list since you first asked.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    knitepoet wrote: »
    With the advances in medicine, the procedure will probably be harder on you & your wife (waiting) than it will be on your daughter.

Prayers for you all :angel:

Thanks again all.

Knite you are so right. Her longest procedure to date, was her diaphragmatic hernia repair. That one was less than an hour. That was nerve racking enough. This one is expected to last 2 hours without complications. The cardiologist says it will be a little tricky. Her ASD is not just one hole, it is like swiss cheese he said. At least three larger holes, and several smaller holes. He thinks he will have to place two devices. He gave us a brief history of the process, and it has come a long way.
  • avmechavmech Senior Member Posts: 858 Senior Member
    :angel2::angel2:
    NRA Benefactor Member
  • KSU FirefighterKSU Firefighter Senior Member Posts: 3,246 Senior Member
    The fire service needs a "culture of extinguishment not safety" Ray McCormack FDNY