Have you ever dropped your carry gun?

2»

Replies

• Hondo341Hondo341 Member Posts: 448 Member
    I did drop one. I have a Ruger SA .45 conv. Carried it in a Mernickle high ride holster for a short time with a shirt the size of a tent. I wasn't carrying at the time but had just cleaned it after a day at the range. My garage ...the one with the concrete floor "caught" it as I dropped it. Has a long, deep, scratch on the backstrap. Glad it is stainless.
    "People are responsible to play a role in their own safety." Sheriff David Clarke 2016
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 1,553 Senior Member
    Yep one time in a Walmart bathroom stall. I took it out of the holster and set it on the toilet paper holder. As I got up I bumped it and my 1911 took a spill, startled the snot out of me, scared the poop out of the guy in the next stall! He wasn't happy! I said whoops, sorry about that grabbed it and left.
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,584 Senior Member
    Yep. I was also (there seems to be a theme here) in the can. My S&W 1911 was holstered on my belt. The weight of the gun pulled my belt enough to drop on the floor of the stall, holster and all. No witnesses, but it was enough for me to learn the "hammock" trick.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,533 Senior Member
    When this thread first started my answer was no. Today while traveling I guess the seat belt or something loosened my G 43 in its holster and as I got out of the car it fell out onto the drivers seat. No harm and the wife didn't even notice, but as soon as we got into the hotel i broke a rule and used my knife to tighten the retention screw.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
2»