Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

New NRA Dec 2011 mag has scary articles

samzheresamzhere BannedPosts: 10,923 Senior Member
New Dec 2011 NRA Mag "America's 1st Freedoms has some chilling articles describing the antigun items that the Obama admin is planning for his 2nd term.

Replies

• robert38-55robert38-55 Senior Member Posts: 3,621 Senior Member
    samzhere wrote: »
    New Dec 2011 NRA Mag "America's 1st Freedoms has some chilling articles describing the antigun items that the Obama admin is planning for his 2nd term.

Sam, I don't have a copy of that issue in front of me so I can't comment on the article itself. However I do know that Obama, is pure anti-gun just as he is anti-American. Clinton and his bunch were anti-gun too.. One must keep in mind that Presidents like Odummy and Clinton will always use some type of backdoor underhanded lets slide this through congress anti-gun legislation when ever and where ever they can.
    "It is what it is":usa:
  • blueslide88blueslide88 Member Posts: 273 Member
    Sam, I don't have a copy of that issue in front of me so I can't comment on the article itself. However I do know that Obama, is pure anti-gun just as he is anti-American. Clinton and his bunch were anti-gun too.. One must keep in mind that Presidents like Odummy and Clinton will always use some type of backdoor underhanded lets slide this through congress anti-gun legislation when ever and where ever they can.

So true. Thank the voters for giving us a Republican, pro-gun House, which would never pass anti-gun legislation. And thanks to the power of the NRA, Obama & Co. will most likely stay away from anything smelling anti-gun, with the election coming up next year. The House passage of HR 822 sent a loud and clear message. Swayed more than a few Democrats, too.
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,281 Senior Member
    If he is reelected well have a lot more to worry about than just our gun rights. I'm still waiting to hear about his armed & funded civil police force he
    spoke of???
  • gunwalkergunwalker Member Posts: 479 Member
    There seems to be two plans of attack. First is doing things via executive order, which totally bypasses congress. Lets say this happens and we see it as unconstitutional. The only way to get it resolved is to take it to the Supreme Court and that could take years. Meanwhile the order is enforced as law.
    The second front is likely the Supreme Court. The second amendment was deemed an individual right by one vote. That whole scenario can change with a new court challenge started by an anti gun government agency. The supreme court does not arbitrarily change it's mind. A case has to be brought and it decides which cases it will hear. It does not take a unanimous vote to decide which cases will be heard. And of course if the president gets a second term, he has nothing to lose by pushing his agenda. This election is critical. it would be a huge mistake to sit this one out.
    We do not view the world as it is, but as we perceive it to be.
  • blueslide88blueslide88 Member Posts: 273 Member
    gunwalker wrote: »
    This election is critical. it would be a huge mistake to sit this one out.

Or to vote for losing 3rd party candidates. Like it or not, it has to be the Republican that gets BO out of office.
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    Nothing particularly new in that issue -- stuff we pretty much knew all along, but this Dec 2011 issue had it all boiled down and focused, both in the main article and several good sidebar articles. If you can get your hands on an issue or access the articles online via the NRA website, I'd recommend. Lots of helpful (and disturbing) info re. the Administration's next 4 years. Which is why they cannot be allowed to win.