Caliber for coyote?

13»

Replies

• big elkbig elk Member Posts: 111 Member
    I don't think it was the 6mm or the 243.It sounds like the shooter needs to practise a lot more with these two guns, both have the capabilty to reach out to 200+ yds.
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 4,440 Senior Member
    big elk wrote: »
    I don't think it was the 6mm or the 243.It sounds like the shooter needs to practise a lot more with these two guns, both have the capabilty to reach out to 200+ yds.

I probably haven't practiced a lot, but I've practiced some. I'm pretty sure it was the caliber.

Mike
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,226 Senior Member
    Linefinder wrote: »
    I probably haven't practiced a lot, but I've practiced some. I'm pretty sure it was the caliber.

Mike

Fibs!
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,413 Senior Member
    Linefinder wrote: »
    As to pdogs, Scootertrash's 2 go-to rigs was a .204 Ruger & a .20 Vartag. He said his comfortable range with them was about 400 yards, and beyond that, he'd leave them to me and my 6mm. He was a bit surprised when he finally realized that most of the 600ish yard shots I was making was with a .223 Rem. I pretty much reserved the 6mm for really long stuff, or really heavy wind.

Mike

I miss him. Can't imagine how you feel. I only got to hang out with him a few times at some bench-rest shoots. Very good man!
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,413 Senior Member
    big elk wrote: »

He was joking about the caliber.
13»