Found me a live coyote decoy...kinda!

Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior MemberPosts: 1,583 Senior Member
Roadrunner coyote catches you, roadrunner if he catches you your through!
I seem to have a new pet out at the ranch, this roadrunner has been stopping by a couple times a day for the last few days to look in the window! Now if I can only figure out how to teach it to fetch me some coyotes I'd be set!

Roadrunner.jpg
Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21

Replies

• Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,346 Senior Member
    They are such cool birds and nice that you have one visiting. I had never seen one in the flesh until I lived in Nevada. It was neat to see them doing their own hunting and a real treat to see one with a lizard in its beak.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,589 Senior Member
    Paint a fake train tunnel on the wall - roadrunner will run through it, when the coyote chases it a train will come out of the tunnel and flatten him!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Roadrunners are meat eaters (really omnivore but they do eat lizards and such). Some friends outside of Leander have a couple that are semi-tame. They've been coming around for a couple years and they feed them ... leftovers like chicken nuggets, hamburger, even or go to the bait shop and buy worms and crickets. They actually talk to them and the roadrunners look at them and wait for them to toss food to them. Do it right and you got a new friend!
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,851 Senior Member
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    Roadrunners are meat eaters (really omnivore but they do eat lizards and such). Some friends outside of Leander have a couple that are semi-tame. They've been coming around for a couple years and they feed them ... leftovers like chicken nuust

Just paint a sign out front of your ranch house saying something like Acme roadrunner catching equipment for sale here.

Don't be surprised you have road runners there, they are native to the South West and Texas is part of the South West. We even have a few around here. I think you have them any time you have lizards and snakes. Oh and BTW, they are very fast and kill rattlesnakes without getting bit.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,851 Senior Member
    I do know one thing for sure, we have a lot more Coyotes here than Road Runners.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,327 Senior Member
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    Roadrunners are meat eaters (really omnivore but they do eat lizards and such). Some friends outside of Leander have a couple that are semi-tame. They've been coming around for a couple years and they feed them ... leftovers like chicken nuggets, hamburger, even or go to the bait shop and buy worms and crickets. They actually talk to them and the roadrunners look at them and wait for them to toss food to them. Do it right and you got a new friend!

They'll eat baby quail as well. I tend to persuade them to go elsewhere for that reason.
  • gatorgator Senior Member Posts: 1,689 Senior Member
    Jay wrote: »
    They'll eat baby quail as well. I tend to persuade them to go elsewhere for that reason.
    This

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    USMC 80-84
    -96 lbs