Carrying handloads?

2»

Replies

• HAWKENHAWKEN Senior Member Posts: 1,685 Senior Member
    I still have two boxes of Winchester Black Talons, one in .45apc and one in 9mm. I worry more about a DA making a big deal over them than hand loads. I also have a box of S&W .38 special Niclads that I carry in my 2" revolvers. They look menacing enough and expand nicely out of the short barrels. Keep yer powder dry.......robin
    I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
    Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO
  • MileHighShooterMileHighShooter Senior Member Posts: 4,768 Senior Member
    Ehhhh.....using the line "I use what the police use" can be used agaisnt you, especially if its labeled LEO. DA will tell the jurry cops carry that ammo because they have a reasonable expectation of having to kill a human. So, if you have that cop ammo, then YOU had an expectation to kill some once. Welcome to 25 to life.

Do not ever underestimate what a lawyer will use to win a case. Ever. To us it sounds stupid, to a random liberal yoga pants wearing, Range Rover driving, pumpkin spice latte soccer mom? You're now the devil, and you must be punished.

Don't. Ever. Underestimate.

25$ is cheaper then the coffee your lawyer will bill you for just for starters
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Once again, please refrain from cutting short any baseless totally emotional arguments with facts. It leads to boring, completely objective conversations well beyond the comprehension ability of many.
  • SmileySmiley Member Posts: 201 Member
    I guess having a 10mm for SD won't look good for me.
  • JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior Member Posts: 6,102 Senior Member
    Bigslug wrote: »
    Well, if you're talking about a 230 grain solid, travelling at something like standard hardball to moderate-ish +P speeds, IOW, a "target" load, and compare it to the store bought options in the same weight at the same speed, with their hollow points, center posts, jacket blades, etc. . ., I would tend to think it's not a major talking point.

I would rather (if we're talking ideal scenarios) have through-and-through wounds made by flat nose 230 grain bullets than iffy hollow points.
    “There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,262 Senior Member
    Gold Dots just sounds better than green tipped Zombie ammo
2»