More Pigs!

Replies

• HAWKENHAWKEN Senior Member Posts: 1,688 Senior Member
    Nicely done Zee! I do like the .243, I have two of them, both models 700 BDL, one with a sporting barrel and one with a bull barrel, I also have a model 600 Remington in 6mm Rem, which is similar. .24 caliber bullets kill much better than you would expect them to. My sporting barrel has harvested 36 deer and 3 hogs, all complete pass throughs, using 100 grain Nosler Partition over 47 grains of H1000. I use the same load for the 6mm, but is yet unblooded. Do you ever harvest the meat from your hogs? Keep yer powder dry........robin
    I don't often talk to people that voted for Obama, but when I do I order large fries!
    Life member of the American Legion, the VFW, the NRA and the Masonic Lodge, retired LEO
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,946 Senior Member
    The .234 can handle any pig I'm likely to encounter on these fields with well placed shots. I was mostly joking.

Granted, if I was solely after monster boar, I'd go for a stronger or bonded bullet. Though, the A-Max seems to be making it to the other side, it's not exiting. Doing a good job at it, though.

Only reason I'd use my .308 Win instead is to make a bit bigger hole for blood to flow and maybe more penetration.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,958 Senior Member
    Bigslug wrote: »
    Ok. . .he's shooting nuisance pigs by the truckload, taking trophies from the prime specimens, conducting autopsies on some of them, cutting others into pieces to use for ballistic testing, taking and posting detailed photos of all of the above. . .

And you're calling for RESTRAINT on a thread like this?!?!?!????? Leave it to the .270 shooter. :jester:

No man, not at all, I was only making a Joke at his expense. All in fun there. I'm with him on this. He's one fantastic Pig Slayer.

I been shooting pigs for years, I know how to kill a pig, but I'm not one bit embarrassed to say I'm learning from Zee.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    Hmmm... a suppressed rifle shooting heavy subsonics. A repeater. Maybe a lever action? Nah, that would be heretical.

2c48e915af0669ce6756e86b2dbe28d4.jpg

I know it's the wrong chambering. Bear with me...

Hey, with pigs is there a right or wrong way? Especially if you're scoring. If you can kill 'em with a minute .17 go for it. If you kill em hanging upside down from a tree and hittin' em with a lead pipe when the run by, if it turns your crank get with it. I'm not a bow hunter but I would love to kill one with a bow. I don't get off on stabbing them, but that's up to the pig killer. Kill em whichever way that turns your crank. Just kill 'em, they need killin'! They're pests not Game. Have fun and just try not to get hurt.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    snake284 wrote: »
    No man, not at all, I was only making a Joke at his expense. All in fun there. I'm with him on this. He's one fantastic Pig Slayer.

I been shooting pigs for years, I know how to kill a pig, but I'm not one bit embarrassed to say I'm learning from Zee.

Added: He's a very talented Pig Assassin!
    One advantage of a larger diameter Bullet is a blood trail. Bigger pigs with shields, fat, and long hair don't bleed well with a .243 I've noticed. They die. They just don't leave blood trails.
    Ok. . .he's shooting nuisance pigs by the truckload, taking trophies from the prime specimens, conducting autopsies on some of them, cutting others into pieces to use for ballistic testing, taking and posting detailed photos of all of the above. . .

And you're calling for RESTRAINT on a thread like this?!?!?!????? Leave it to the .270 shooter. :jester:

Oh yeah, I let you slide to easy. A .270 is only one in my arsenal. If you'll remember, I have backed up your love for the .30-06 as I have that in my arsenal as well and it is building its total on deer every year. It's a hell of a pig gun in its own right.

I will admit, I've killed more pigs with my .270 than any of my other rifles, but that's probably because I just happened to have it with me. I've killed em with the 06, .250 Savage, .280 Remington, 8mm to name a few.

My longest shot to date on one just happened to be with my .270 at 320 yards because that's what I happened to be hunting with that day. He was a fairly good size boar that ran about 30 feet and died. I hit him in the shoulder. I would have shot him in the neck or head but he was running across the sendero.

My grand son killed a Huge boar with the 06, at about 30 yards a few years back. He went nowhere but straight down with his face in the corn.
    Pig hunting is Great Sport. If they told me I couldn't shoot deer on my lease I would probably stay hunting there. I might be looking for another place, but I'd stay until I found one. But it better have pigs.

I encourage everyone to shoot pigs, whether you eat em or leave em for the Buzzards! Just kill em. Hell, if you don't want to eat em you can always take parts and conduct your own tests. Do what you want but if you get a chance at some pigs, have at it and I wish you all the luck in the world. Nothing like pig hunting. To me it's like shooting African animals. They're like John Wayne toilet paper, they're rough and tough and don't take crap off of anything.

DAMN! I love these Pig Threads!!!
    Damn I hate to leave but I gotta go to the Y and torture myself for a couple hours. It's hard to break away from this pig thread!

Most people count sheep to go to sleep, I count Pigs!!!
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 7,153 Senior Member
    snake284 wrote: »
    Added: He's a very talented Pig Assassin!

Tru dat. I hear Wendy's named the Baconator after him.
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,245 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    That's dumb enough that I love it.
    I think the suppressor body is made from a MagLite.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,245 Senior Member
    Now if we could get Zee to take something like that to the range for ballistic media testing. You know, before he does the hunt to make sure it works, and documents it.... imagine the reactions he'd get then...
    Overkill is underrated.
    Tru dat. I hear Wendy's named the Baconator after him.

How bout dat! Well he is well deserving!
    Now if we could get Zee to take something like that to the range for ballistic media testing. You know, before he does the hunt to make sure it works, and documents it.... imagine the reactions he'd get then...

Ja Der Herr! Gut! What I would love to see him do is take that .243 and take the body of a whole Big ol Boar and shoot it like length wise, like a Texas Heart Shot. See what it actually does. That would prove or disprove a Texas heart Shot, Plus prove a light bullet will penetrate well or prove it's not enough. Well not enough to kill reliably in that scenario. Also, take and compare a .243 to a .30-06 or .270 or whatever. I mean he does this quite a bit, he has time to cull pigs and prove or disprove various cartridges. He's just the man to do this here. He could dispel alot of BS.

He also could expand his bullet tests to OTHER popular bullets and see what is REALLY Best and not only that, but what will work. This is a fantastic opportunity. And we all know he's the best on this forum to do this. Just my .02!
  • Hondo341Hondo341 Member Posts: 448 Member
    Zeemanator, You have to go get some more pigz. It has been 2 full days since your last assassination. We need a new story.
    "People are responsible to play a role in their own safety." Sheriff David Clarke 2016
    Hondo341 wrote: »
    Zeemanator, You have to go get some more pigz. It has been 2 full days since your last assassination. We need a new story.

Have Patience Sayeth the Zee Man. All in due time, all in due time! It Will happen soon, I think...:jester:
    Unfortunately, pig killing doth not the bills pay.
    Zee wrote: »

That's no joke!
  • Ernie BishopErnie Bishop Senior Member Posts: 7,102 Senior Member
    But it does make deposits into the happiness bank:jester:
    Ernie

"The Un-Tactical"
    Pig Hunting is Life.

Throw the TV away. Work in the day. Come home and eat. Go to a phone booth. Change into the Zeeminator assassin outfit and go have some fun.
    "People are responsible to play a role in their own safety." Sheriff David Clarke 2016
    Pig Hunting is Life.

Throw the TV away. Work in the day. Come home and eat. Go to a phone booth. Change into the Zeeminator assassin outfit and go have some fun.

Oh, I'm having fun shooting. Just not pigs.

:-)
    Zeeminator sounds to close to Seemenator.

Yuck. Maybe Z-rex?
    Pig Hunting is Life.

Great Idea Hondo! The only use I have for my BooB Tube is to watch news. I watch Fox almost 24/7 unless I fall asleep. Other than that the things a complete waste of time that I could be reloading-hunting-shooting or reading about it.
    Fox news here 90% of the time.
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 7,153 Senior Member
    unfortunately, pig killing doth not the bills pay.

dirty deeds: Done too cheap!!
    WWJMBD?

"Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
    dirty deeds: Done too cheap!!

Allowed free access to multiple properties in order to hunt at will a prolific and potentially large creature. Providing ballistic testing and tactics validation free of charge.............while providing a service to property owner.

good trade
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,824 Senior Member
    Allowed free access to multiple properties in order to hunt at will a prolific and potentially large creature. Providing ballistic testing and tactics validation free of charge.............while providing a service to property owner.

good trade

150 Sow, dresses to 60 lbs of meat at $3.00 a lb... but wait! It's organic pork.. make that $10 a lb. A dressed out porker is $600 of organic store bought meat.

http://www.tidemillorganicfarm.com/products/pork.htm

I believe that Zee is missing out on a potential revenue windfall. I don't know what your wife does besides raise little "Zealot's" ( pun intended ) but if she was grinding sausage and you sold it locally, every 200 lb pig kill could bring in another $800 in sausage.

Just a thought!

"Mr. and Mrs. Zee's Free Range Organic Pork Sausages"

We have a local farmers market where a a couple does just that. They sell Sausages on Saturday and Sunday, and make their living. I even give them my kills for processing sometimes, and they charge like $4 a lb just to process into sausages.

Regardless... I personally am lovin' the stories, pictures, and science!

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
    BigDanS wrote: »
    150 Sow, dresses to 60 lbs of meat at $3.00 a lb... but wait! It's organic pork.. make that $10 a lb. A dressed out porker is $600 of organic store bought meat.

http://www.tidemillorganicfarm.com/products/pork.htm

I believe that Zee is missing out on a potential revenue windfall. I don't know what your wife does besides raise little "Zealot's" ( pun intended ) but if she was grinding sausage and you sold it locally, every 200 lb pig kill could bring in another $800 in sausage.

Just a thought!

"Mr. and Mrs. Zee's Free Range Organic Pork Sausages"

We have a local farmers market where a a couple does just that. They sell Sausages on Saturday and Sunday, and make their living. I even give them my kills for processing sometimes, and they charge like $4 a lb just to process into sausages.

Regardless... I personally am lovin' the stories, pictures, and science!

D

I doubt you can sell wild meat and especially wild pork. When we have a benefit and serve wild hog, we can't charge for the tickets. We put a kitty bucket out for donations only.

Certified pork is trichinosis free. No way you can say that about a wild hog. Most all store bought pork nowadays is certified. If you don't get it thoroughly done these days, it's largely no big deal. It should be parasite free. But that's not really advertised because it's still pork and the possibility is still there it could have trichinosis. I think because the threat of lawsuits looms all over they don't want to set themselves up.
    They sell deer meat, venison, nowadays, but it's not wild. They raise it fenced in like cattle and it's inspected for all kinds of diseases.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,591 Senior Member
    Zeeminator sounds to close to Seemenator.

PorkyballZee?

SwineZeella?

Roinkenator

Silence of the HamZ

Zed the Sausage Slayer
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.