New holster report

gunwalkergunwalker MemberPosts: 470 Member
My carry gun is a full size 1911 and I have never found a comfortable way to carry until now. I purchased a grip tech from Blackhawk holsters and I am most satisfied. There are no belt clips or loops to contend with. The holster feels sticky but it is not. It is strictly for IWB carry. The fabric will not slide against another fabric I can slip it inside my pants and put it in the position I want and it will not move. And since there are no belt clips,it does not pull the pants down. The inside of the holster is smooth and thus the draw is smooth and fast. I highly recommend this holster!
We do not view the world as it is, but as we perceive it to be.

Replies

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,046 Senior Member
    I think it's Tech Grip. Sounds like Blackhawk is making their version of a Remora.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 1,774 Senior Member
    I think it's Tech Grip. Sounds like Blackhawk is making their version of a Remora.

That's what I thought, too
    I'm not saying they're a bad holster, but I've looked at them and they don't fit my idea of what a holster needs. If they work for others... great. Have at 'em.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • gunwalkergunwalker Member Posts: 470 Member
    Thanks for the correction. It is tech grip.
    I was just pointing it out unless folks want to search the product themselves.

Those who have the Remora holster love 'em. They have some features I'm not a fan of, but for others they like them.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • gunwalkergunwalker Member Posts: 470 Member
    This is a case of trying makes a believer. At first glance the holster does not attract. It looks kind of flimsy to be honest. But I thought ,for the price there is little to lose if I don't like it. After living with it in my pants for several days, it is now a favorite.