Taking a knife attack seriously

Replies

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 15,049 Senior Member
    Jermanator wrote: »
    What the hell is wrong with you people? What about Wild Dog do you not understand? Do you really think the "operator" comments are serious? Are you really that gullible? Or maybe it is some guy (or gal) mocking mall ninjas and operator wannabes in a way that is supposed to be humorous-- I get that some of you don't find it funny, but some of us see the humor. Regardless, his comments are not supposed to be taken seriously (but it is good for a few laughs-- at your expense).

Zee really isn't a midget. He just plays one on the internet. Seriously folks. It may crush your reality, but it is the truth. My ass doesn't actually talk. Buffy is not the goober in his avatar, nor does he treat his wife like that. Mrs. Buffy is also very far from being a shebear.

I seriously doubt that anyone is taking him seriously...for some he and his flights of fantasy are irritating as hell.

...and I have it on good authority that cpj had an intelligent conversation with your ass....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    I could see doing that on maybe one site, but multiple sites seems a little say unusual.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,200 Senior Member
    LMLarsen wrote: »
    My take is he's a troll, mocking how he thinks members of forums like this think and talk.
    Close, but not quite. There are a couple of layers to this. The first one is obvious where the author is mocking mall ninjas, "operators", and self important security personnel-- not members of gun forums. The second level is where the troll comes in... it is the reaction that some people have while responding to the first layer-- you guys take that bait and swallow it whole, not realizing that you voluntarily became part of the joke.
  • therewolftherewolf Member Posts: 90 Member
    Wild Dog wrote: »
    When you play a game that the stakes are life and death, and the only rule is to survive, then yes you notice everything because lives, yours and others, depend on it.

The last time I had to defend myself from a BG, afterwards,(oh, I just farted on him, and he passed out) I noticed the

amount of rocks, debris, potholes, litter and trash in the street was out of control. Before running into me, this guy had

obviously been down a long, bad road...
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Close, but not quite. There are a couple of layers to this. The first one is obvious where the author is mocking mall ninjas, "operators", and self important security personnel-- not members of gun forums. The second level is where the troll comes in... it is the reaction that some people have while responding to the first layer-- you guys take that bait and swallow it whole, not realizing that you voluntarily became part of the joke.

So you are basically saying don't feed the troll ...
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,680 Senior Member
    I admire the guy for never breaking character.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 20,604 Senior Member
    NCFUBAR wrote: »

He has gotten exactly what he wanted. To be the subject of discussion.
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • Wild DogWild Dog Banned Posts: 67 Member
    I see I'm a topic of discussion for all you guys. That's the thing about having a rep, it's a double edged sword. Plenty of guys will give you a wide berth cuz they don't want to mess with you. The rest, well they want to be the fastest gun in the west so you best be prepared. And for the record I'm not the fastest, Murph was.
    Woof Woof, Dirtbag!!!
    NCFUBAR wrote: »
    Let me put it this way...

You know how we ask new members if they like gladiator movies? Obviously, it is a line from a very funny movie, "Airplane". That in itself is funny-- asking people that. The new member now has some options. 1) They can ignore the question, and we still get a few giggles out of it. 2) Play along, be part of the joke, and cite their favorite gladiator scenes-- which can be extremely funny. 3) Freak out, be the joke, and act repulsed by our obviously homoerotic line of questioning-- which is also extremely funny. 4) You can tag every time the phrase "gladiator movie" has been mentioned on a thread so when people search the tag cloud, the phrase comes up in very big letters (like I have been doing for years now for cheap laughs)...
    http://forums.gunsandammo.com/tags.php

It is up to you how to react.
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    I see I'm a topic of discussion for all you guys. That's the thing about having a rep, it's a double edged sword. Plenty of guys will give you a wide berth cuz they don't want to mess with you. The rest, well they want to be the fastest gun in the west so you best be prepared. And for the record I'm not the fastest, Murph was.

Ok, I found the DC character on line and reread your first post in the never ending thread. I get it now. Carry on.:popcorn:
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    This is not a cosplay forum, it is about guns and related subjects in real life. If this clown wants to spin his tall tales, he should keep them in the Clubhouse and not waste our time in the other areas.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    This is not a cosplay forum, it is about guns and related subjects in real life. If this clown wants to spin his tall tales, he should keep them in the Clubhouse and not waste our time in the other areas.
    That is a fair suggestion.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,842 Senior Member
    :agree: :that:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 10,225 Senior Member
    My take is he's a troll, mocking how he thinks members of forums like this think and talk.

I think you're wrong and you're taking this board too seriously. However, if there is a stereotype, you're reinforcing it. This isn't a Puritan BB. Lighten up. No one is forcing you to read or reply, just enjoy it. Or if you don't enjoy it, don't take it as fact.
    Not too many problems you can't fix
    With a 1911 and a 30-06
    If this clown wants to spin his tall tales, he should keep them in the Clubhouse and not waste our time in the other areas.
    But at the same time, I don't think he should have to refrain from commenting on his experiences with equipment like the tactical shoelace thread that was started on the SD forum last week, and I would like to read insights of a true operator like Wild Dog on something like this sweet piece of kit...
    http://www.mossberg.com/product/464-spx-centerfire-lever-action-rifle-41026/
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    Gene L wrote: »
    I think you're wrong and you're taking this board too seriously. However, if there is a stereotype, you're reinforcing it. This isn't a Puritan BB. Lighten up. No one is forcing you to read or reply, just enjoy it. Or if you don't enjoy it, don't take it as fact.

To the meadows, where the sun shines
    Out of the darkness and the cold.
    And the pain and shame in which you wallow.
    Follow the fold and stray no more
    Stray no more, stray no more.
    If you're a sinner and you pray no more
    Follow, follow, the fold.

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Maybe WD is a former forum member or friend/relation to one who will "Come out of the closet" in due time?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Maybe WD is a former forum member or friend/relation to one who will "Come out of the closet" in due time?

Afraid not.

Personally I think he is,

"but a walking shadow, a poor player,
    That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
    And then is heard no more.
    It is a tale.
    Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
    Signifying nothing."

Or, he is an ex-vet living in a small town called Black Rock but there`s no arm in that.

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,100 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    doubtful. If you look on at least one other forum he was banned from, he's remarkably consistent in his stories and overall presentation. I don't believe we've had somebody like this before.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,650 Senior Member
    shush wrote: »
    Afraid not.

Personally I think he is,

"but a walking shadow, a poor player,
    That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
    And then is heard no more.
    It is a tale.
    Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
    Signifying nothing."

Or, he is an ex-vet living in a small town called Black Rock but there`s no arm in that.

And...he's having a Bad Day.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    doubtful. If you look on at least one other forum he was banned from, he's remarkably consistent in his stories and overall presentation. I don't believe we've had somebody like this before.

I meant maybe one decided to Spoof the forum...............I dunno.......reminds me of the action/adventure novels that had one central Billy Bad Ass character back years ago where one seemed a continuation of the last and the next would be the same.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,545 Senior Member
    What goes on in the back of an armored car is two warriors bonding and prepping their tactics.

Why in the world would one risk their lives to protect someone else's money? Unless I'm getting paid a substantial share of the money I transport, I would not put up a fight to save it from a wanna be robber.

But that's just me.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
    bisley wrote: »
    And...he's having a Bad Day.

Well Ernest Borgnine did.

JerryBobCo wrote: »
    Why in the world would one risk their lives to protect someone else's money?........

But that's just me.

All deliver and no stand, I see.

All deliver and no stand, I see.

You seem surprised.
    Jerry

• FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,680 Senior Member

This. There's a surprising number of people here that are getting sucked into the last part. I think it's all harmless fun and I'm a little shocked at the number of people that think the guy expects them to believe his stories. We've had several members that actually did post lots of BS and many members here would line up to offer helpful comments. When someone writes a little comedy, people line up to call them out.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    You seem surprised.

You seem like Adam Ant.

You seem like Adam Ant.

Who's Adam Ant?
    Jerry

Who's Adam Ant?

Try and keep Hip, dude.

Try and keep Hip, dude.

Keeping hip eluded me long ago. I've settled for old and grumpy.
    Jerry

• breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,100 Senior Member
    Keeping hip eluded me long ago. I've settled for old and grumpy.
    That song's 36 years old.

You most have stopped a loooooooooooong time ago.
    Overkill is underrated.