Wool Hunting pants on sale

CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior MemberPosts: 10,162 Senior Member
LL Bean has wool hunting clothes on sale extra 20% off through today, Sunday.

I just ordered the 4 pocket Maine Guide pants for one of the kids, $71.99 with free shipping, also got a $10 gift card for future use

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/514625?page=fishing&nav=ln-513347
I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

Replies

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,268 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 wrote: »
    LL Bean has wool hunting clothes on sale extra 20% off through today, Sunday.

I just ordered the 4 pocket Maine Guide pants for one of the kids, $71.99 with free shipping, also got a $10 gift card for future use

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/514625?page=fishing&nav=ln-513347

Wool ain't cheap! But there's nothing like wool. Wool insulates even when it's wet. If you want to stay warm in a cold wet environment get wool. Nothing like it.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • RocketmanRocketman Banned Posts: 1,118 Senior Member
    I thought wool was a damn good water wick?
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,162 Senior Member
    Rocketman wrote: »

I have gotten my wool hunting pants soaking wet(with WATER) and just peeled them of in my stand, wrung them out, and put them back on, good to go, except I smelled like a wet dog.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 17,627 Senior Member
    So you wear these when hunting sheep?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,376 Senior Member
    Just on date night
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,162 Senior Member
    Got the pants today, good kit, not as heavy as my Columbias', but some long underwear and the kid will be in business, they are a little long on him, but if he grows some more he should have some pants that will last him a while, can always get them hemmed.
    Rocketman wrote: »

With all that oil in it? All I can tell you is that's why the Navy outfitted sailors with wool. They may not be now, but they used to.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 1,353 Senior Member
    I've got a heavy wool Outfitters parka and pants at Cabelas ten years ago. Living in Texas I don't get a chance to wear them very often. Having said that, when the temps drop and winds start to howl there's nothing better and nothing warmer than wool. I used them on a Kansas deer hunt a few years back, teens outside, strong winds the deer were bedded down and not moving but I was warm and snug in my stand! Wool it doesn't get much better!
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
    zorba wrote: »
    So you wear these when hunting sheep?

Sheep, Bears, Elephants, Lions, Tigers, Wooly Mammoths! Oh wait, you might appear amorous to a Wool Mammoth! That doesn't sound like something that would have a good outcome.