Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Undocumented shopping at Walmart and bonfires in Charlotte, NC

tennmiketennmike Senior MemberPosts: 27,457 Senior Member
During the disturbance in Charlotte, NC last night party participants clashed with police, did some undocumented shopping at a Walmart, and lit a few bonfires to celebrate the arrival of autumn.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/crime/article103009432.html

Charlotte officials say they are preparing for more protests today following a night of violence over a police officer’s fatal shooting of an African-American man Tuesday in the University City area. The dead man was identified as Keith Lamont Scott, 43.

Sixteen police officers were injured overnight in a series of clashes, and there were reports early Wednesday of motorists on Interstate 85 being hurt and their vehicles damaged when protesters threw rocks, bottles and traffic cones off interstate overpasses onto traffic below.

The officers hurt suffered mostly minor injuries, though one was hit in the face with a rock, officials said.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/crime/article103009432.html#storylink=cpy
  I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
― Douglas Adams

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Man a few 18 Wheelers not stopping would have cleared the Interstate of the dirtballs rioting and looting..................

[IMG][/img]CHARLRIOT_zpszxhee8ok.jpg
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Those 18-wheelers could have put a stop to that foolishness right fast. Just drive slow through the crowd and push any cars out of the road at the same time that were being used to block the highway. And to my bent thinking, a few riot shotguns loaded with rubber buckshot and fired until the barrels were real warm would do a good job of dispersing the rioters. Play time with this stupidity needs to be over.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    During the disturbance in Charlotte, NC last night party participants clashed with police, did some undocumented shopping at a Walmart, and lit a few bonfires to celebrate the arrival of autumn.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/crime/article103009432.html

Charlotte officials say they are preparing for more protests today following a night of violence over a police officer’s fatal shooting of an African-American man Tuesday in the University City area. The dead man was identified as Keith Lamont Scott, 43.

Sixteen police officers were injured overnight in a series of clashes, and there were reports early Wednesday of motorists on Interstate 85 being hurt and their vehicles damaged when protesters threw rocks, bottles and traffic cones off interstate overpasses onto traffic below.

The officers hurt suffered mostly minor injuries, though one was hit in the face with a rock, officials said.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/crime/article103009432.html#storylink=cpy

The guy that shot him was a cop, an African American cop. Now I wonder what Black Lives Matter will have to say about that?

Also, the guy had a gun drawn when he got out of his vehicle and was threatening the cops. Now what is the Protesters Point? Do they want to make it illegal to shoot any blacks? That ain't happening. A black, a white, a brown, a green (Martian lives matter too ya know), I don't care. If anybody is threatening me and won't back down, he-she-it might just get shot!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    snake284 wrote: »
    The guy that shot him was a cop, an African American cop. Now I wonder what Black Lives Matter will have to say about that?

They said he was a BLACK cop wearing BLUE. Doesn't matter that the cop was black; the cop was in a cop uniform so it was bad.

Also, the guy had a gun drawn when he got out of his vehicle and was threatening the cops. Now what is the Protesters Point? Do they want to make it illegal to shoot any blacks? That ain't happening. A black, a white, a brown, a green (Martian lives matter too ya know), I don't care. If anybody is threatening me and won't back down, he-she-it might just get shot!

Individual people can be stupid, and people in large groups can be really, REALLY stupid. Facts don't matter; it's all about the 'feels'.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • tubabucknuttubabucknut Banned Posts: 3,520 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    Glad I live where I live. :-)

Not me so much. I live 5 minutes from that Walmart. It is where we shop, and I meet my employees there for work every morning. Had to give my wife a refresher on the AR and shotgun this morning. My wife and daughter are away tonight. I will be keeping my son in my bedroom tonight.

Never under estimate the level of stupid known as protesters.

Good times in Charlotte.
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    Charlotte is the LBGT, Golden Unicorns, Rainbow chasers capital of NC with Sanctuary City status. The mayor is a liberal special interests groups ass kisser. The Chief of Police is PC as hell and keeps his men on a short leash ... 5 arrests out of all the looting and rioting last night. I pray for the LEOs and good people of that area but leadership is not going to reign the thugs in and restore order to tough ... the weekend imports will really push the issues and it will be interesting to see what else burns.
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
    Keep your head down my friend.

Oh. Remember when you were asking about my area? And how I said we don't have those problems? ;-)

Will do.

Yep. Still working towards a move, just don't know when or where yet.
    Are Jessie and AL coming in with busloads of agitators?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Not me so much. I live 5 minutes from that Walmart. It is where we shop, and I meet my employees there for work every morning. Had to give my wife a refresher on the AR and shotgun this morning. My wife and daughter are away tonight. I will be keeping my son in my bedroom tonight.

Never under estimate the level of stupid known as protesters.

Good times in Charlotte.

I don't live all that far from you if you need some help if it goes bonkers over there.
    ― Douglas Adams
    They need to start shooting looters and arsonist................this crap would come to a screeching halt.

They have every right to protest, but not destroy property, steal/loot and impede and infringe on others.........like traffic on the Interstate or downtown.

It will be investigated to the nth degree including the PD by the state and Feds..
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    Glad I live where I live. :-)

This. All day, everyday.
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Open season- - - -at least two down, and it doesn't look like the cops did the shooting. Doing stupid stuff in North Carolina doesn't look like it's as easy as it is further north!
    Jerry
    Like a bunch of hysterical zoo animals riled up and let out of the cages...................
    I don't live all that far from you if you need some help if it goes bonkers over there.

Much appreciated Mike. Keeping an eye on things and will react as necesary. More chained than I like with my daughter's condition.
    Still working towards a move, just don't know when or where yet.

What type of work do you do? Nashville has a very diversified economy, and some of the best pediatric medicine in the southeast, maybe in the world. PM me if I can help with a job search.
    Jerry
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    They just need to kill the stupid folks doing stupid things, like blocking a freeway.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
    Man shot by police had a gun and was wearing an ankle holster................but they would rather believe his was holding a book...............go figure.
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member Posts: 4,324 Senior Member
    They have looted the Omni hotel and Hornets Arena ... along with somebody getting shot and killed. The news is now saying riot no longer protest.

ETA: scanner says tear gas is now being accompanied by rubber bullets
    “The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
    Teach wrote: »
    What type of work do you do? Nashville has a very diversified economy, and some of the best pediatric medicine in the southeast, maybe in the world. PM me if I can help with a job search.
    Jerry

Thanks Teach. I am, at the very least, a year out from any move. I am a painting and home repair contractor. Business is booming right now, and I am trying to get to a better financial place before we move. I will certainly get in touch when the time is right.
    One fat gal wearing a Pig Mask looked like a big ole fattened sow herself jacking her jaws and snorting..................
    Much appreciated Mike. Keeping an eye on things and will react as necesary. More chained than I like with my daughter's condition.

I pick up my 3/4 ton diesel PU tomorrow morning. Had front brakes repaired. If you need help getting out of there, I can definitely run interference for you with 'the Beast'!
    ― Douglas Adams
    I pick up my 3/4 ton diesel PU tomorrow morning. Had front brakes repaired. If you need help getting out of there, I can definitely run interference for you with 'the Beast'!

Ha ha! Good to know I have a qrf if I need exfil. If I call just follow the gunshots. Let's just say it would be poor target selection to choose my home.
    Looks like the crazies are out tonight. At least the police are in riot gear. Looks quiet right now, but it's still early.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,979 Senior Member
    Me and my Tacoma are ~4hrs behind Mike if you need a tail gunner :guns:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

knitepoet wrote: »
    Me and my Tacoma are ~4hrs behind Mike if you need a tail gunner :guns:

Sounds good. Maybe Charlotte will be the new Ft. Sumter. This will be known as the War of Thug Aggression.
    Pavement Apes (both black and white) destroying property/looting and rioting don't help their "Cause" one bit. What is "Justice" to them....... free stuff and more Govt handouts to keep most in the same vicious socioeconomic cycle they are trapped in by the Govt welfare system and in many cases their own actions by not even trying to better themselves.
    Sum white dood was beaten in a parking garage.............one day a CCW is gonna be the victim and it it won't end well for the thugs. Looks like a hate crime to me........great video to use in court.......or do the thugs get another pass because they were "Upset"??????

THUGS OF CHARLOTTE
    WHITE MAN DRAGGED, BEATEN BEGGING FOR MERCY

https://twitter.com/LibertarianQn/st...45840496594944

If the above link won't show the garage video click here on Drudge front page and click on the story.

http://drudgereport.com/
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Sum white dood was beaten in a parking garage.............one day a CCW is gonna be the victim and it it won't end well for the thugs. Looks like a hate crime to me........great video to use in court.......or do the thugs get another pass because they were "Upset"??????

THUGS OF CHARLOTTE
    WHITE MAN DRAGGED, BEATEN BEGGING FOR MERCY

https://twitter.com/LibertarianQn/st...45840496594944

If the above link won't show the garage video click here on Drudge front page and click on the story.

http://drudgereport.com/

I noticed that they wasted no time relieving him of his phone and wallet. Too bad he wasn't legally armed and able to defend himself from those animals.

Since the PDs seem unable/unwilling to stop the rioting/looting it's about time for the store owners and people to start protecting themselves. Civilian rules of engagement differ greatly from what the PDs have to use because the mayors say 'Play nice with the rioters; don't upset them." Somebody tries to kill you, then it is reasonable to try to kill them right back.

When they blocked the interstate I saw a bunch of 18 wheelers in the front of that melee. Don't understand why they didn't just plow slowly through that mess and keep traffic flowing. Any small vehicles parked to block the trucks are no match for the power of the trucks. Not like people on foot can stop one of those things, much less 5-6 side by side rigs pushing through a crowd of skin covered skeletons full of squishy stuff. Just tailgate each other slowly through that mess, and speed up once clear. People want to play in traffic going 60+ mph can then do so. Possums do that all the time and lose, badly.
    ― Douglas Adams
    More butt-lickin the demonstrators by mayor/PD Chief/ community Ldrs than strong statements sayin they will enforce the law first and foremost.

Need a bunch of Korean store owners like in the RK LA riots to defend them stores....................
    There has been a very conspicuous absence of coverage of last night's shooting situation. Probably a gangbanger taking advantage of the situation to settle a score, maybe? It's high time the citizens in general and business owners for sure start taking care of business. Having to climb over a pile of bodies to loot would seem to be a pretty good deterrent, ditto for attacking people on the street.
    Jerry