NZ goat culling...I'm obsessed...

JasonMPDJasonMPD Senior MemberPosts: 6,087 Senior Member
Move over South Dakota pdogs! New Zealand feral goats are in town!

I've become downright obsessed with watching youtube videos of hunters culling goats, Tahr, and some species of deer.

Beautiful landscape--breathtaking mountain river views...

400 and 500 yard shots--sometimes out to 1000 yards, up angle, down angle, wind gusts, etc. My dream shooting environment.

Alec, you're a lucky dog.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
“There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.” – Will Rogers

Replies

• Hondo341Hondo341 Member Posts: 448 Member
    It does sound like fun.
    "People are responsible to play a role in their own safety." Sheriff David Clarke 2016
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,571 Senior Member
    Am heading out in 4 weeks with Bloodhound to do 5 days of goat culling.

Will be taking the following rifles.........

Suppressed Howa 204
    " " Sako 222
    Tikka T3 lite 7mm08
    Pre 64 Mod 70 in 375 H&H Magnum....................Just because I can and there will be an opportunity to shoot some bunnies.
    Oh, and a suppressed .22 for any big stuff that presents a target.

Pics and video will be on the agenda........

Got to get my ass into gear and get some reloading done. Already got a couple of hundred 204.............need about 300 222, about 100 7mm08 and at least 5 bricks of .22 for spotlighting bunnies and possums at night.

If you are free around the 16th of Oct, I am sure we can find a spare seat in the Jeep.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • BigDanSBigDanS Senior Member Posts: 6,715 Senior Member
    Red Stag! dang it!

D
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester: