Home Main Category Clubhouse

ISIS is using chemical weapons!

FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior MemberPosts: 5,797 Senior Member
I just heard a report on FOX news about a chemical attack by ISIS on US troops. They said that mustard gas/blister agents were used but there were no reports of any injuries to our troops. I'm guessing that obama will be holding a press conference to apologize for our troops being in the path of their weapons.
snake284 wrote: »
For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me

Replies

• jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,931 Senior Member
    Yes after he bows down and kisses there feet.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,390 Senior Member
    DAESH is very lucky I'm not the president (assuming this is true, of course)...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    zorba wrote: »
    DAESH is very lucky I'm not the president (assuming this is true, of course)...

It was a military officer in uniform announcing it, not a reporter.
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,490 Senior Member
    Reading other reports, evidently it was a shell or rocket that hit and did... not a whole lot. They didn't know it was an agent until they tested it. "Low grade and poorly weaponized" were the words used to describe, IIRC. So the US either got lucky or ISIS is inept with this sort of weapon.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    If they know who fired the shell, why are they still breathing?
    :uhm:
    Jerry
    Teach wrote: »
    If they know who fired the shell, why are they still breathing?
    :uhm:
    Jerry

The round probably was fired from a baby formula factory and our ROE don't allow us to harm it.
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,646 Senior Member
    They're like 100 years late; might work on unaware, unequipped and defenseless civilian population or against irregulars fighting them, but against any modern Western army pretty well aware of what "trick" they might pull out of the hat, it's just a morale boosting campaign for their own followers.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,285 Senior Member
    If they start using chemical weapons then we should dust off the tactical nukes and show them how to do it correctly with WMD.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Senior Member Posts: 2,725 Senior Member
    No, Mike....Not Nukes! IMO this gives us an excellent opportunity to experiment a little with biological warfare. To do so would never be approved, however.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    No need for nukes- - - -they still make napalm, don't they? Send one of those forest fire fighters over with a belly full of aviation gasoline, and once it's had a couple of minutes to vaporize, drop one canister of napalm to light the fuse!
    Jerry
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,285 Senior Member
    No, Mike....Not Nukes! IMO this gives us an excellent opportunity to experiment a little with biological warfare. To do so would never be approved, however.

You mean like catchin' 'em, castratin' 'em, and dousing the incision with iodine? That would take too long to get 'em all! :tooth:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,387 Senior Member
    Yes and our officers should be watching out for this. There is no excuse for this. We need to punish our troops that would fall into something like this. No excuses, we don't need to let this kind of thing happen. Yeah Right! THIS IS Mindless.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,654 Senior Member
    Reading other reports, evidently it was a shell or rocket that hit and did... not a whole lot. They didn't know it was an agent until they tested it. "Low grade and poorly weaponized" were the words used to describe, IIRC. So the US either got lucky or ISIS is inept with this sort of weapon.

Doesn't matter. They WILL get better at it. If this is the game they want to play, we will win. I am thinking MOABS with chemical payloads.
    Michakav wrote: »
    Doesn't matter. They WILL get better at it. If this is the game they want to play, we will win. I am thinking MOABS with chemical payloads.

I think MOABs full of bacon grease would have more of an impact psychologically than something that actually hurt them.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    If you never have experienced a Chemical Alarm going off for real...............it's hard to explain the anxiety you feel not knowing if you were hit with something already. Then getting into MOPP 4 really sucks and trying to do much of anything.

They were going off like crazy in Kuwait when missiles were coming in to Kuwait after the air war had started on Camp NY and the other camps. Low levels of crap were detected, but no one knows for sure or will they admit it if they did.

Here, keep this anti-Blood Agent bottle of pills handy and with you at all times...............and your Atropine Injector.....

Nasty stuff and I don't doubt for one minute they would put any they can get their goat smelling grubby fingers on to use use against us the first chance they get.

I think Obammy had the chance to destroy a stockpile in Syria before they had a chance to mix it for use. Not low level stuff either, but something like Sarin Nerve Gas. He scratched his butt and did nothing, as usual.

A small cylinder full of stuff like it released in a crowded area indoors would yield terrible consequences. No odor-smell, no visual indications it was in the air............what nightmares are made of.

Thank God they haven't figured out a way to get it here and deploy it yet.

Any of the Blister/Blood/Nerve agents, not to mention some Biological kind would wreak havoc/terror on an entire city from panic alone much less those hit with it.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    How did we make Japan an ally? :angry: Later,
    Fat Billy

Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,646 Senior Member
    It was due to the fear of loosing them to communism like was happening with other Asian countries and former colonies.
    In a war-thorn leaderless former totalitarian society it's hard not to get the population quickly infected with that extremely toxic mental disease. Once the aggressive military mob controlling power lost face and therefore power over civilians after the surrender, most citizens became relatively harmless individuals only looking to survive each day.
  • HappySquidHappySquid Member Posts: 361 Member

Practice makes perfect, mustard-gas is relatively easy to make.

I'm with BC, stay safe and prevent, no bueno running around with Mopp-4 and meds :(
    Not saying disregard it, just saying the risk with this attack was low. Which may be why it's getting little airplay.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,275 Senior Member

Dust them off. The reason other countrys dont mess with the US with chem weapons is when it comes to WMD's, because we only have one kind.

This isnt a joke, I did NBC warfare courses and conducted training. Just a little chem weapon is like being a little pregnant.

Nuke them, now.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,275 Senior Member
    Not saying disregard it, just saying the risk with this attack was low. Which may be why it's getting little airplay.
    Its getting little airplay because there is only one proper response.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
    Its getting little airplay because there is only one proper response.
    With today's population... I don't think there's only one proper response. They look at "only one" and "ineffective" and say "just let it slide."

They don't understand the US WMD policy. ISIS does. And I think they understand our people. I don't agree with it - I think a small tactical nuke would be the proper response - but I also realize there's political implications at home and abroad.
    Overkill is underrated.