Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,979 Senior Member
    Definitely prefer him finally endorsing Trump over an endorsement for hitlerly :up:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Bout darn time and JEB and Mitt and the rest should do the same and get over their BUTT HURT or else the WITCH may occupy 1600 Penn Ave
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • avmechavmech Senior Member Posts: 856 Senior Member
    Bush endorse Trump? Highly unlikely cause as we all know lil jebbypoo was supposed to be the nominee, so they are now in a corner eating worms......
    NRA Benefactor Member
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,469 Senior Member
    avmech wrote: »
    Bush endorse Trump? Highly unlikely cause as we all know lil jebbypoo was supposed to be the nominee, so they are now in a corner eating worms......

Yep!

As much as I dislike Cruz, I'm glad he finally came around - better late than never. Bush? Who cares?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Hondo341Hondo341 Member Posts: 448 Member
    I voted for Cruz. I was disappointed when he blew up at the convention. I am glad he is back, and ready to support Trump.
    "People are responsible to play a role in their own safety." Sheriff David Clarke 2016
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,626 Senior Member
    Well, nobody's perfect.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    I would have supported Ted if he was the REP nominee and can't see all the reluctance of others not to now that Trump is it.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    Finally he has assimilated and it now one of us.....

4A9DF670-5C21-4C4D-9BEC-1694094446D4_zps2xbguayp.jpg
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Bout darn time and JEB and Mitt and the rest should do the same and get over their BUTT HURT or else the WITCH may occupy 1600 Penn Ave

Amen chief! You have been steadfast from the start. Yes, I would prefer Ted Cruz to be the nominee for one reason his experience. But Donald Trump has come a long way. He may yet be another Reagan. We shall see. We're not totally sure how he will perform yet, but we are pretty damn sure what we will have with Hitlery in power. I have seen Trump select an excellent VP candidate. I have seen him modify his strategy. I have seen him tone down his rhetoric and make a vast improvement in his style. Yeah he made some silly mistakes with his mouth at first, But I really believe that was because he was so passionate about getting to be president where he could do some great things for this country. I really believe Trump will reward Cruz for this and I think they along with Pence and others such as Ben Carson, Chris Christie, and Rick Perry will eventually play a major roll in making America Great again.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,933 Senior Member
    Again! One of my favorite semi jokes in 2008 was: How can Hillary run for POTUS when she has already served the maximum 2 terms? I always suspected who was driving that train. Bill was never the sharpest knife in the drawer and was very busy with his extracurricular activities. His statement that confirmed it for me was concerning Winchester Black Talon ammunition. Something like. " And these talon bullets. They need to be outlawed as they could cause horrible wounds". Ummm... That's what bullets are designed to do!
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,596 Senior Member
    So he spelled out what voting your conscious means, and some folks managed to figure it out, nothing different than at the convention.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,807 Senior Member
    Cruz has made rock-solid decisions, from the beginning. It was inevitable that he would have to endorse the Republican nominee, and I commend him for waiting until he could get something out of it, i.e. a commitment on six issues that Trump has been wishy-washy about. Trump is just about as likely to renege on them as Hilary would be, but he did promise, and that gives Cruz political cover and allows him to keep his own promise to support the Republican candidate, as the candidates all promised to do at the outset. Cruz's appeal to the Texans who have voted for him has always been his devotion to the Constitution, and the fact that he has always done what he said he would do, when campaigning. By waiting this long, it takes the edge off of Trump's nasty campaign attacks against his family (somewhat). Politically, it is the right move, and hopefully it is the best thing for the country, if it helps keep Hilary out.
    Talking heads were sayin he could loose his seat to former Texas Gov Rick Perry if he decides to run for it against Ted, polls are in Perry's favor if he did. So yes it was a smart move in more ways than one.
    Talking heads were sayin he could loose his seat to former Texas Gov Rick Perry if he decides to run for it against Ted, polls are in Perry's favor if he did. So yes it was a smart move in more ways than one.

Perry needs to align with Cruz and run for John Cornyn's senate seat. Cornyn is a borderline RINO who will side with the Republican establishment, if he thinks no one (at home) is looking. His voting record is good, but he worries genuine conservatives, sometimes. Of course, I always thought the same thing about Rick Perry, and he was a good governor, anyway. I was always a little nervous about him because he used to be a Democrat and supported Al Gore's first presidential run, way back in the eighties when Gore was still pretending to be a conservative democrat.
    bisley wrote: »
    Perry needs to align with Cruz and run for John Cornyn's senate seat. Cornyn is a borderline RINO who will side with the Republican establishment, if he thinks no one (at home) is looking. His voting record is good, but he worries genuine conservatives, sometimes. Of course, I always thought the same thing about Rick Perry, and he was a good governor, anyway. I was always a little nervous about him because he used to be a Democrat and supported Al Gore's first presidential run, way back in the eighties when Gore was still pretending to be a conservative democrat.

You know that back in the 80s there were a lot of conservative Democrats in Texas and the South. But the Democratic party finally got so far left they all started switching parties or retiring from politics. Now what's left of them in Texas aren't conservative. They survive in left leaning or traditionally Democratic districts. Perry was one of those left over dinosaurs. Becoming a Republican revived his political career. In effect, the present day Republican party was yesterday's conservative moderate Democratic party, which bye the way, doesn't exist anymore.
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    So he spelled out what voting your conscious means, and some folks managed to figure it out, nothing different than at the convention.

You're right on here. It just took him a few months to get over his butt hurt. Also, I get his news letter every month. It's not a No Reply email like some will send you. You can make comments. I did along with a lot of Texans. My comment was to get over it and endorse Trump so we can keep Hillary out of the Oval Office because there's just too much at stake.
    snake284 wrote: »
    My comment was to get over it and endorse Trump so we can keep Hillary out of the Oval Office because there's just too much at stake.

Really? I would have never guessed. :jester:
This discussion has been closed.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement