Home Main Category Clubhouse

Why drive a truck?

VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior MemberPosts: 7,281 Senior Member
Wife borrows my truck last week, comes home with a caliper hung up. Got that fixed, and hers went in the shop Thurs night so she borrows my truck Fri

truckbutt_zpskxuk7ar8.jpg

One of the two, truck or wife, is a disaster waiting on a place to occur. That truck has been hit more times than any vehicle I ever owned, in fact as much as all of them put together at this point. Before this one, the silver truck was broadsided,,,, when the wife borrowed it....

Anyway, minor damage, for the truck, hitting car totaled, front car needs a new rear hatch, everyone walked away. The truck bumpers are bent a little, she was middle of the chain, and the grill is cracked. I think with 100K + on the clock, the check will go in the bank in the next vehicle fund.
It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

Replies

• shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    My sister almost totaled her first car in an accident just like that. Reciever hitch went through the AC condenser and radiator. The pickup was fine.

Come to think of it the insurance company may have totaled that car out, but Dad brought it back from the dead.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 20,850 Senior Member
    Wife borrows my truck last week, comes home with a caliper hung up. Got that fixed, and hers went in the shop Thurs night so she borrows my truck Fri

Before this one, the silver truck was broadsided,,,, when the wife borrowed it....
    Notice the parts I bolded? Looks like it's the wife, since it's extended past just the current truck :jester: :rotflmao:

AJA, glad she wasn't seriously hurt :angel:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,788 Senior Member
    I just keep my wife in a fairly new 4 door pickup of her own, while I putt around in my 2000 model F-250. I learned a long time ago that a woman has just as many uses for a pickup as a man does, and that they can't keep their hands off of them.
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,756 Senior Member
    I no longer allow other people to "borrow" my truck. Seems like every dent, ding and scratch that was on my last truck, was put there by someone else!

Glad no one was hurt!!
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    Same with us. Debbie used to let some of her girlfriends borrow the Super Duty and the three horse trailer on occassion until I pointed out that every little scratch and ding in either of them was caused by her friends.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,702 Senior Member
    Nobody borrows my vehicle, period. One time one of my work friends took my truck without asking, I had him convinced that there was a BOLO out for my vehicle being stolen (there wasn't).
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,125 Senior Member
    Nobody borrows my vehicle, period. One time one of my ex-work friends took my truck without asking, I had him convinced that there was a BOLO out for my vehicle being stolen (there wasn't).

FIFY
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,788 Senior Member
    I don't have to worry about loaning out a truck - everybody I know already has one, except my daughters. They borrow Mama's pickup, so I'm home free. :tooth:
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,288 Senior Member
    First off glad no one was hurt. Those chain reaction wrecks can get nasty!
    If it were me, I wouldn't bother with fixing the bumpers or cracked grille on the truck. As long as the running gear and other important parts are O.K. then it's still good to go. I've noticed that people in other vehicles tend to stay clear of pickup trucks with some damage showing! :tooth:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,931 Senior Member
    I drive a truck because I like trucks, glad no one was hurt, I do agree with tennmike about fixing them. Mine is set up for serious mountain 4WD , lifts, front crash bumper with a big winch, people se it coming and think twice before pulling out or cutting me off, but it seems that every rock, tree, etc. has to jump out and put there mark on it.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,281 Senior Member
    Pick up trucks,Labrador retriever and guns. You can throw in fishing too
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,392 Senior Member
    tennmike wrote: »
    I've noticed that people in other vehicles tend to stay clear of pickup trucks with some damage showing! :tooth:
    An old boss of mine used to tell the story of some "pile" he had that "had dents where cars don't get dents!". He said everybody gave him a wide berth because they KNEW he didn't give a...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Might as well make it a "T-RRRRRUCK" They're available at most military auctions at bargain prices!

ebay1009388.jpg

:jester:
    Jerry
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,635 Senior Member
    I bought my first pick-up in 2005, and I immediately liked driving it. Now I am on my second one and like it even more, and I'll probably own them for the foreseeable future.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Man, being the driver or AD was the best seat in those...........in the back sucked and in Winter, canvass tarp or not (good to keep the wind off you about all), you froze yer marbles off.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Oh, they went High Tech and put a couple foot holds in the tailgates so when lowered to make it easier to climb into the bed. Most were bent and fergit it with overshoes or if you stuck your boot in too far..........and got hung up.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    A small town a few miles down the road is taking sealed bids on an old multifuel 6X6- - - -maybe good for ferrying people and equipment to the range at next year's shoot?
    Jerry
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    Thought my new truck was a vehicle magnet, it was hit twice in the first three months I owned it. Both were minor parking lot hits with minor damage with the first one before I even got the license plates.
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
    Teach wrote: »
    A small town a few miles down the road is taking sealed bids on an old multifuel 6X6- - - -maybe good for ferrying people and equipment to the range at next year's shoot?
    Jerry

Ha, get some No Step stencils ready and tell folks not to step on the hitch spindle fer a foothold.............guess what ............they swivel............don't ask me how I know that!
    Jerry

Check its tires and its brakes before driving it away... :jester:

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,634 Senior Member
    Glad the little lady is OK!
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,281 Senior Member
    Nobody borrows my vehicle, period. One time one of my work friends took my truck without asking, I had him convinced that there was a BOLO out for my vehicle being stolen (there wasn't).

There is a difference between friend and wife.

She doesnt use it often she has her own, but it was in the shop.
    knitepoet wrote: »
    Notice the parts I bolded? Looks like it's the wife, since it's extended past just the current truck :jester: :rotflmao:

Oh my yes. She had the tailgate on her Ranger dented before the ink was dry on the check. The 250 isnt all her though. I managed 5K damage done to this one at a scout camp (rt bed side) and the left bed side was destroyed in a parking lot.

However, if I get a vette, she isnt getting within 10 feet of the keys.
    Might as well make it a "T-RRRRRUCK" They're available at most military auctions at bargain prices!

ebay1009388.jpg

Jerry
    My dream car.

There is one for sale within 20 miles of me.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,288 Senior Member

ebay1009388.jpg

Jerry

I was the driver for one of those trucks with the aluminum box on the back. It was a commo truck with all our field and telephone gear in it. Multifuel and air start. I LOVED THAT TRUCK!

Like Big Chief said, that pintle hitch swivels on most all of them. Good for laughs when someone stepped on one, and painful if they came down and straddled it. :silly:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    The one down the road includes a 2-wheel trailer in the bid!
    Jerry
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 12,417 Senior Member
    Trucks are good, tell the wife to watch for the slow creep of neck pain and headaches, make sure your head rests are up folks.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    My dream car.
    Pretty much!

Does anyone know the drive train details?

• FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member

ebay1009388.jpg

Jerry

There's a couple of outfits around that take a deuce and a half and take an axle off, Bob the bed, and put large singles all the way around. They make a pretty cool huge pick up truck.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me