Home Main Category Clubhouse

Baaastin

VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior MemberPosts: 7,398 Senior Member
Headed to Baaastin for family stuff this week. BIL in the hospital.

Anyway, if it works out, I will be in the SpringField Armory this afternoon, the original one, for a visit.
It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.

Replies

• shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    Who is driving the truck? :jester:
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,148 Senior Member
    The armory museum is cool. It suprised me that it is on a college campus....
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Tell everyone I said hi.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    I'd have to be drugged and kidnapped to end up in that place again. Maybe being there for a short visit while being in the Navy had something to do with my distaste for the place. It was summer, liberty call was dress whites, and the people had a distinct revulsion of anything Navy. Got to see some cool stuff, but I definitely got the feeling that they didn't want us there.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,398 Senior Member
    bullsi1911 wrote: »
    The armory museum is cool. It suprised me that it is on a college campus....
    Actually the campus is on the armory grounds.

There were as many visitors as staff there so I had a private guide for 15 min. I was toast from the drive and needed the hour break I had. It was cool, since I wont have a lot to do over the next couple days, I will post pics.

The park employees said that if I got enough people to come they would open the upper floors for a tour. Road trip??
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,148 Senior Member
    When the was there, I talked with the employee for like an hour about guns. Turns out he had designed the M1 Garand Tshirt I bought as a souvenir.

Great museum, and I was there for some meetings with employees or STCC, had my meetings in the morning and spent the rest of the day in the museum. It's probably the only reason to go into Springfield
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov