Home Main Category Clubhouse

Arnold Palmers Passed Away

NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior MemberPosts: 4,324 Senior Member
Damn, I was part of Arnie's army ...

Blue skies and green fairways Arnie!
“The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
- George Orwell

Replies

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,917 Senior Member
    See ya on the 19th hole for a cold one.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    :angel2: :angel2:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    :angel2:
    Support your local Scouts!
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,826 Senior Member
    I always liked him, even before I played golf. He will be missed!!
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,095 Senior Member
    RIP :angel:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,670 Senior Member
    RIP...damn, he was practically a "national treasure."
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    RIP...damn, he was practically a "national treasure."

He WAS a National Treasure, and I'll go so far as to say he still is and will always be. And like Al, I was a fan before I even liked golf. I grew up with a dad who loved to play golf and if he couldn't play it he loved to watch it, especially when Arnie was playing. Many of the pros you see today were inspired by him.

My dad took me to the Houston Open once in the 60s. The first day it got rained out. So we came back the next day. But on the rain out day everybody was getting autographs from the players. I was with this other kid from here and we went to Arnie. He had a sea of people around him and we were to the outside. Just about the time we got close enough to hand him our piece of paper, someone called him and he says "Pardon" and ducked under the wire. We didn't find him after that.

I had an uncle that used to fly a lot. He flew Business or First Class usually so he hob knobed with the rich and famous on occasion. He said one day he sat down in his seat and looked next to him and it was a guy that looked just like Arnold. He finally got the nerve up to ask him and sure enough, it was Arnold. Anyway, he said they talked all the way to Philadelphia. He said he didn't really want to say a lot because he didn't want to bother him, but he said Arnold ask him a few questions just to keep the dialog going. Then when they arrived, they went their separate ways, my uncle thinking, WOW that was cool. Then a couple months later, my uncle went back up in the North East for some more business and lo and behold he runs into him again, they were both going from I think Chicago to Philly again. He said there was room in first class to move around and they sat together again, Arnold calling him by first name. Hehehehe. This uncle was pretty straight and wasn't the type to BS you. So I believed him.

RIP Arnie! You were a great golfer and a Great American.:angel2::angel2::angel2:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,397 Senior Member
    Arnie was a gentleman on and off the course. Not many like that left.
    He was a Coastie, too, so fair winds and following seas. :angel2:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,958 Senior Member
    RIP Arnie, may they all be holes in one where your going.

:angel2::angel2:

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,495 Senior Member
    RIP Mr. Palmer. ON behalf of several families in Central FL, I'd like to thank you for endowing a wonderful children's hospital.
    Overkill is underrated.
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,281 Senior Member
    RIP Mr. Palmer. ON behalf of several families in Central FL, I'd like to thank you for endowing a wonderful children's hospital.

You Bet, +1
  • bhl2506bhl2506 Senior Member Posts: 1,942 Senior Member
    :angel2::angel2:
    Refusing to conform to the left wing mantra of political correctness by insisting on telling the truth does not make you a loud mouth.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,714 Senior Member
    RIP :angel2:
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • Hondo341Hondo341 Member Posts: 448 Member
    Was one of my Dad's favorites. Dad had me playing golf by age 7. Wish I would have stuck with it. Arnie, you will be missed, Sir!
    "People are responsible to play a role in their own safety." Sheriff David Clarke 2016
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Hondo, your story is much like mine. But I came back to it later. I laugh at the commercial on TV now about the guy that says he sucks at golf but would like to suck at golf for a while longer. Me too! I think I'm the sorriest sucking golfer in history, but people like Mr. Palmer keep me wanting to keep sucking at it!

:rotflmao::roll2::rotflmao::roll2::rotflmao::roll2::rotflmao::roll2::rotflmao:
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • avmechavmech Senior Member Posts: 856 Senior Member
    RIP Arnie, you were a true class act and will be greatly missed :angel2::angel2:
    NRA Benefactor Member
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,611 Senior Member
    I don't recall ever hearing a bad word about him. I'm sure he had his moments, but he alwas seemed like a classy guy to me. RIP Mr. Palmer.
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin