This is getting serious

TurdusMerulaTurdusMerula MemberPosts: 229 Member
Hi all!

As I wrote yesterday I got an invitation to participate to moose hunts from now on. That means I scheduled all my weekends to hunting from now on until Christmas when the moose season ends. It might end sooner if we get all our licensed moose's down before that. 6 adults + 9 calfs. Plus our driven deer hunts.
So, today I went for a little shopping. As moose hunt is mostly driven here, either with men or with the dogs, so moose hunter teams use VHF radios for communication during the drives. As I didn't have one, I needed one. Off to the store then. I got myself a hunting radio with mic/speaker and a cord to connect the whole system to my active ear muffs. I have damaged my hearing so much that I really need to use something for protecting my ears so I bought active muffs that cancel noise from the shooting but otherwise let me hear everything. Even with slight amplification through electronics.
Oh boy, this is slowly getting out of hands :)

To see a World in a Grain of Sand And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand And Eternity in an hour
-William Blake-

Replies

• Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 1,352 Senior Member
    Very cool, congrats!
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,141 Senior Member
    The bunch on this forum are serious enablers- - - - - -hang around here for a while and we will have you creating an economic celebration at your local sporting goods store! Is reloading ammo permitted/encouraged in your country?
    Jerry
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • TurdusMerulaTurdusMerula Member Posts: 229 Member
    Teach wrote: »
    The bunch on this forum are serious enablers- - - - - -hang around here for a while and we will have you creating an economic celebration at your local sporting goods store! Is reloading ammo permitted/encouraged in your country?
    Jerry
    I have been notoriously serious about throwing money in to gun pit when I was in my twenties. Now I try to keep some kind of control :)

Yes, we can reload here and use the ammo for hunting. I shot both this season's animals, roe deer and deer, with my own reloaded ammo. 170gr Lapua Naturalis solid copper bullets.
    To see a World in a Grain of Sand And a Heaven in a Wild Flower
    Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand And Eternity in an hour
    -William Blake-
  • Hondo341Hondo341 Member Posts: 448 Member
    There will be several other "need" items before too long. We have been known around here for buying ourselves Christmas presents.
    "People are responsible to play a role in their own safety." Sheriff David Clarke 2016