Home Main Category Clubhouse

Just when I thought Iphone users were smart........

orchidmanorchidman Senior MemberPosts: 8,111 Senior Member
by embracing new technology..................it seems some are not.

https://nz.news.yahoo.com/technology/a/32736699/iphone-7-owners-fuming-after-prank-video-tricks-them-into-drilling-****-in-their-phone/#page1

Common sense isn't very common I guess.
Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....

Replies

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,428 Senior Member
    Does the phone give an I-D-10-T error message after that procedure?
    :rotflmao:
    Jerry
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,397 Senior Member
    orchidman wrote: »
    by embracing new technology..................it seems some are not.

https://nz.news.yahoo.com/technology/a/32736699/iphone-7-owners-fuming-after-prank-video-tricks-them-into-drilling-****-in-their-phone/#page1

Common sense isn't very common I guess.

:spittingcoffee::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao: I saw that earlier today. There's some really stupid people walking around out there. They read it on the internet, and everything on the internet is TRUE! One idiot heard that you could recharge your phone by putting it in the microwave oven and turning on the oven for a few minutes. The phone looked like it had been in a fire! :roll2: :roll2: They were mad that someone had put those instructions on the internet.

What's scary is that it won't be that long until they will be running the world. :silly::silly::silly::head:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Hondo341Hondo341 Member Posts: 448 Member
    Probably some Samsung dude did that after his phone blew up. That was funny-scary.
    "People are responsible to play a role in their own safety." Sheriff David Clarke 2016
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,664 Senior Member
    You'd think a $1K+ device would have a headphone jack - but nope, you gotta pay another $160 for wireless - that you then have to keep track of and keep charged. Uh-huh. You gotta be an idiot^H^H^H^H^H less than smart to buy something like that in the first place. :jester:
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,611 Senior Member
    Right there. Proof that evolution is bull. We're getting stupider by the minute. (Yes, I know that's not a word)

I weep for the future:tissue:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Now stupid can hurt where it really counts. The wallet.
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Does not compute to me...............he would have to prove to me that there is circuit that was inside the phone that was bypassed or something that was available to be tapped. Then you would need a Jack to plug it into.

And would have to have his phone apart to show me it worked before I modified the case, which voids the warranty.

Having said all that, some folks are very very gullible. They spend $1000 bucks(?) on this phone knowing or read where you need Air-Buds to replace the headphone feature and obviously no Jack and then fell fer this hoax well.............. Dipsticks :yikes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :conehead: :conehead: :tooth:
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • SmileySmiley Member Posts: 201 Member
    Proof that the iphones fried brains.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,714 Senior Member
    I'm showing that to Clean and telling her it will then play texts over her headphones.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,397 Senior Member
    NN wrote: »
    I'm showing that to Clean and telling her it will then play texts over her headphones.

I got a spare bed in case you have to evacuate due to repercussions! :rotflmao:
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    tennmike wrote: »
    I got a spare bed in case you have to evacuate due to CONCUSSIONS ! :rotflmao:

FIFY
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Does that Seri(?) jerk wake you up? Told me I wasn't nice once :tooth:
    I'm not one for headphones of any type at any time, I just prefer to listen to music "through the air". If there are others around, obviously I don't have music going. 1/4" speakers just don't do it for me!

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    cpj wrote: »
    You'd be very surprised at the sound quality of those ear buds . Even the cheap ones that come with the iPhone.
    But, I hate wearing them. But they do sound good.

They *do* sound surprisingly good. I just prefer the "full experience", and like you, I don't like wearing headphones in general, "buds" in particular.

• coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,611 Senior Member
    cpj wrote: »
    You'd be very surprised at the sound quality of those ear buds . Even the cheap ones that come with the iPhone.
    But, I hate wearing them. But they do sound good.

Funny story...my kid has his ear buds in nearly constantly at home. I have no problem making myself heard, so no biggie to me. The wife of a buddy of mine also had no problem making herself heard... to the point that when they are over, or we are over there his headphones are firmly in place. At one of these get togethers, Noah was sitting amongst a group and taking part in the conversation... with his phones on. He turned the music off, but forgot to take them out of his ears. It turns out he had taken to wearing them most of the time, even when he's not listening to tunes. I asked why and he grinned and said it's handy to be able to hear what's going on around you, but pretend like you're not...or to be able to ignore somebody you don't care to talk with.

Sometimes, technology works! :jester:
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,398 Senior Member
    Just when I thought Iphone users were smart........

Why? They cant get out of bed without texting someone or asking a database a question about something they would remember if they weren't always asking questions and just preformed a little retention.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
    Remember this, 21st Century Schizoid Man by King Crimson............1969
    I may still have that LP????????????????? I liked Deep Purple back then.........this I dunno, couple of their songs.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x585zf_king-crimson-21-century-shizoid-man_music
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,148 Senior Member
    My problem is that Apple completely removed the *ability* to use conventional headphones while simultaneously pimping their $150 Airpods (or whatever they call those awful earbuds they make), AND raising the iPhone 7 pricepoint into the stratosphere. You already had the ability to use wireless headphones with prior iPhone generations. Now you simply can't use corded ones...for a much higher price. That's a tough sell in my book.

As guy who uses earbuds almost daily at the gym, I can say that the Apple Airpod design is flat-out dreadful. You simply cannot use earbuds that will fall out of your ears unless you are sitting still on a couch as a treadmill/weight lifting workout option, and their wireless version is a just more expensive carrier of the same defect. It ain't like waterproof/sweatproof cordless headphone that are worth a lick have become cheap, mainstream technology from a multitude of manufacturers either. When the time to retire my iPhone 6s is imminent, my current options are 1) wait for the mass exodus toward alternative phone options to force Apple to put the headphone jack back in their next iteration (not likely), or 2) wait for Samsung to overcome their battery issues and make the plunge to one of their phones. Being force fed a radically more expensive accessory as a requirement for making an new phone feasible for day-to-day operations is a no-go.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
    I don't know, but if it's feasible, it needed to happen at launch.
    Wambli Ska wrote: »
    Apple does not consider Zorba's opinion on the matter because he is perfectly happy with a 1990 flip phone and a car with manual windows.

I'll have you know that my flip fone was made in 2013!! :tooth:

But somewhat annoyed that "they" turned off my bag fone in about 2008, and definitely P.O.'ed that its virtually impossible to get a car without "all that crap" including power windows!

• roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    Wife hates power windows and auto locking doors...you know, in case you drive off a bridge or something.

She also doesn't like manual transmission, which I do like...hard to find a manual anymore, so happily holding onto my 99 F-150 (without a tach???? moron engineers).
    Support your local Scouts!
    Big Chief wrote: »
    Remember this, 21st Century Schizoid Man by King Crimson............1969
    I may still have that LP????????????????? I liked Deep Purple back then.........this I dunno, couple of their songs.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x585zf_king-crimson-21-century-shizoid-man_music

Oh, don't thunk I'm nuts with that post. Back then there was much speculation as to what the 21st Century would bring mankind............hence the reference...........to what we may become with technology and all.

With machines doing more and more..........maybe our interpersonal contacts, humanity, if you will, has dwindled.

"Schizoid personality disorder is an uncommon condition in which people avoid social activities and consistently shy away from interaction with others. They also have a limited range of emotional expression.

If you have schizoid personality disorder, you may be seen as a loner or dismissive of others, and you may lack the desire or skill to form close personal relationships. Because you don't tend to show emotion, you may appear as though you don't care about others or what's going on around you."

That song came to mind along with Zager and Evans Year 2525...............
    I'm with your wife, although in my case I'm way too cheap to pay for something I don't need and that is "something else to break". The lack of manual transmissions is yet another pet peeve of mine with the wimp American car market. Even when a manual is available on a given model, they either "hide" it in some overpriced "package", and/or they don't have any on the lot. The last one had to be driven down from another dealer 150 miles away!

I. WANT. TO. BUY. A. CAR. BY. LINE. ITEM. No packages - its just as bad as a telco or cable company! :tooth:

Big Chief wrote: »
    ...Zager and Evans Year 2525...............

If man is still alive, if woman can survive...

Actually it did. $9.00 :tooth:

1474046523000_1280795.jpg

That's good. Apple's 10,000 constantly changing proprietary BS connectors drive me nuts, but at least they give the option. People won't have to drill a hole in their $1K+ device... :jester:

• roadkingroadking Senior Member Posts: 3,056 Senior Member
    Iphone (and Ipad, etc Apple products) typical users...never figured them for "smart"

Support your local Scouts!
    Yep, me too. The stereo on my boat (2008) has an old 4S type wire for plugging an iPhone/iPod in for music. A $20 Apple adapter allows me to Pandora to my hearts content using my 6. Oh yeah, had to buy another adapter for my Bose Speaker system dock in the office. It was kind of annoying but at least they gave me a solution. For a while I kept my old 68Gb 5s as a iPod on steroids until I found out I could get almost $300 for it on eBay and it got SOLD!!!

The PC industry has ignored and/or bastardized every standard in existence since the beginning of time. Even their own standards.

attachment.php?attachmentid=8710&d=1429306855

Not sweatpruf' (and if you ever see me on a treadmill, you'll understand why that's an imperative). My current corded headphones were bought SPECIFICALLY because they are sweatproof, all the way to the Lifeproof screw-in/gasketed plug insert.
    zorba wrote: »
    The PC industry has ignored and/or bastardized every standard in existence since the beginning of time. Even their own standards.

attachment.php?attachmentid=8710&d=1429306855

Called Planned Obsolescence and sometimes new technology is so rapid the stuff is outdated when it hits the shelves and the next generation is already being incorporated into the next/newer model.
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    It's rather cool the way they make the speaker waterproof. Instead of trying to keep moisture out, when it gets in it's detected and it vibrates the water out.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician