Home Main Category General Firearms

My Firearms Dream

Warmaster94Warmaster94 New MemberPosts: 20 New Member
I am a teenager from the UK and i have been interested in millitary equipment, weapons, tactics, explosives and basically everything army ranging from WW1 all the way to Vietnam then Iraq and my dream is to own a Ruger Mini-14 (.22 rimfire), a M1 Carbine (.22 rimfire) and a Classic M4/M16 looking AR15 (Straight Pull). I plan to get a shotgun license in a few years to own a double barrel shotgun or a 2+1 pump action then join my local gun club. If my shotgun license goes well i will apply for a section 1 firearms license and own the previously listed firearms. Iv'e always wished to have a Browning Hi-Power since it is among my favourite firearms but it will never be possible in the UK due to the handgun ban of 1997 which is extremely dissapointing aswell as the rest of the UKs backward opressing gun laws. Iv'e always wished i could live in the United states due to the freedom and gun culture and i very much support the second ammendment. If i cannot own a firearm for any reason i will either resort to joining the British Army to train with the SA80 Rifle and the Glock 17 or sit at home collecting air guns, blades and millitary gear whilst watching good ol Hickock45 and his amazing arsenal of Guns dreaming to have the freedom and the right to bear arms.

To US gunners never let them take away your Rights and your guns unless its from your cold dead hands!
Who Dares Wins

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Come on over to America, you would be welcome!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,827 Senior Member
    Welcome, young lad! Fly over here for the SE shoot and you'd never go home again!
  • Hondo341Hondo341 Member Posts: 448 Member
    You really need to move here. You would love it. Those gun wishes could be reality here. I have a Browning Hi-Power and love it.
    "People are responsible to play a role in their own safety." Sheriff David Clarke 2016
  • earlyearly Senior Member Posts: 4,950 Senior Member
    Well you're developing the various phases of your dream and plans, I recommend reading. The texts of the subjects that you're passionate about will open the way foreward.
    My thoughts are generally clear. My typing, not so much.
  • SmileySmiley Member Posts: 201 Member
    Welcome aboard Warmaster94 and I hope you'll realize your dreams. :beer:
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,715 Senior Member
    Welcome aboard
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,543 Senior Member
    Welcome Young one! Don't wait for the world to change. Make your dreams a reality. I will be difficult, but it will be worth it.
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 11,743 Senior Member
    Keep it up. No flies on an air rifle. A different discipline, but still, you're making holes in paper, which is what I like to do. And they teach great shooting techniques. I like air rifles!

I got interested in guns at about 13 YOA...got my first .22 rifle about then. I was hooked.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    Put your energy into a great career so you can travel or relocate to a free-er state. Better still, make your own country free, again.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Welcome Warmaster.

You obviously have the bug...so I am sure you will get there. I purchased my first firearm at 50 years old, so don't give up if it does not happen as fast as you would like.

Welcome Future Jedi! Come join us in a free state. I don't know how much longer we'll be free with Obummer and Hillary running our show. They're not about freedom.

Anyway, I think the pendulum is about to swing in the UK. I think from what I hear people have gotten a gut full of the antis and want their freedom back.

As things go now, here we don't need any license to buy a gun in most places. We do in most states need a license to carry a firearm. But several states don't.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    I am a teenager from the UK...... I plan to get a shotgun license in a few years to own a double barrel shotgun or a 2+1 pump action.......... If my shotgun license goes well i will apply for a section 1 firearms license

If your goal is Section 1, why go the shotgun certificate route?

I do not know your age but normally;

And I Quote;

"Under 15 years old

CAN

• CAN hold a shotgun certificate

• CAN hold a firearm certificate and

• CAN Receive a gift of a Section 1 firearm from the age of 14 years old (If authorised by the relevant certificate)"

Iv'e always wished to have a Browning Hi-Power since it is among my favourite firearms but it will never be possible in the UK due to the handgun ban of 1997 .........

Not available to own in England but still available and in use in some parts of the UK.

........extremely dissapointing aswell as the rest of the UKs backward opressing gun laws.

It may be "disappointing" and we may have "oppressing gun laws" but if you would like shooting in Great Britain to become your hobby, it may be best to acquire some guidance of the Firearms Act.

And just a thought.

Have you applied to any of your local shooting clubs.

Give the Membership Secretary a ring.

Most private clubs go though the same procedure.

They will put you though the club safety course and you will become a junior provisional member, with access to the clubs firearms.

eg;

9mm-Lever-Release-Rifle-Southern-Gun.jpg
    .45ACP Lever Release Carbine.

Usually with one to one supervision.

If approved for full membership they will normally advise and guide you to obtain your Section 1.

Your mileage may vary.
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,696 Senior Member
    If firearms restrictions are harsh, you can always start by shooting air guns; pretty powerful models and some even imitate classic firearms, like this new Diana K98k look-alike:

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Diana_Mauser_K98_Air_Rifle/4164

Some PCP air rifles can match the power of a .22 Short round and still be effective and accurate using the proper pellets at the same ranges as the latter.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,925 Senior Member
    Welcome to the Forum
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • 41magnut41magnut Senior Member Posts: 1,206 Senior Member
    Welcome aboard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen :iwo: